• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yes but there is one big question behind his injury record: Alexander Isak - Injury history

Should we pay that much money? Not sure. At the moment I would rather spend the money for a CM and less for the striker, because not so many top options.
He's missed less games in the last 6 seasons than Haaland has and the entire Newcastle team was injury riddled so we can't discount that there may be something going on there that is contributing to the slight uptick.

Let's play Aubamawang

He's [Jesus] a great dribbler but that destructive element isn't really there anymore. There are flashes (vs Bayern for example) but I just feel there's an edge missing with Jesus at the moment. Maybe a significant lay off may bring back some verve.

As for Martinelli, I don't think he's ever going to truly be the kind of destructive dribbler he needs to be - he's fine as long as there's space to attack IMO but his real bread and butter is when he gets to find pockets to shoot. His finishing has been uncharacteristically lax for a few months but he's a better finisher than he is a dribbler. We're definitely going to have to be creative to find players that can beat low blocks with their dribbling. For a team like Arsenal, we need to be clever about who we bring in to do that. There's a particular player that I have in mind but he's a massive gamble.
Olise? I love that guy. He'd be a huge signing for us.

I've warmed to Sesko a little since his screamer vs Frankfurt, but I'm still concerned signing someone so young could stifle the development of Obi Martin in a couple of years, and I really want a youth striker to succeed for us, if only to rub it in to Harry Kane when he leads us to the league title.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

His game looks to clicking under Iraola’s guidance.

Was flattering to deceive for ages though so it’d be wise to see one more season of him at this level to make sure it wasn’t a flash in the pan season for him.

Iraola is a similar manager profile to Mikel so makes a lot of sense imo

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sesko is alright but I think this guy is the real deal @A_G

View attachment 24559

Should have chosen his other mask, much cooler

4b756241cc354111337115775001252c.gif

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
Solanke's hold up play isn't good enough IMO. The stats support this, outside of his goals he's pretty mid at best.

Think Sesko is already better than him and has the potential be like twice the player.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Not sure what to think about this.

There's some smoke i.e. he probably talked to Edu & co. but doesn't seem so set in stone as with some other transfers. Otherwise, there wouldn't be that much agent talk. I for one, would be very happy with this transfer.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure what to think about this.

There's some smoke i.e. he probably talked to Edu & co. but doesn't seem so set in stone as with some other transfers. Otherwise, there wouldn't be that much agent talk. I for one, would be very happy with this transfer.

Agreed. This sounds like one of those early window transfer rumours guys like Charles Watts report on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Solanke's hold up play isn't good enough IMO. The stats support this, outside of his goals he's pretty mid at best.

Think Sesko is already better than him and has the potential be like twice the player.

Hold up play doesn’t translate to stats. This isn’t chess mate.

Dokaka

Hold up play doesn’t translate to stats. This isn’t chess mate.

The stats support what I've seen myself. His passing is downright poor, no penetration at all and despite that he tends to lose the ball quite a bit. His entire game outside of goals is based around flicks, as soon as he has to do something with the ball at his feet he doesn't look good.

He's not a bad player but he's not CL standard, far from it IMO. If his overall game was that good you'd see big clubs lining up to sign him right now, given the relative dearth of strikers.

Worth noting he's played almost every minute of football available to him this season so, despite scoring 19 goals, his goal contribution per 90 is actually quite low. Look at the players around him in the G/A per 90 metric:

vz2ALBs.png

He's a prime example of why looking at total goals/assists can be a trap. Again, doesn't mean he's not a decent player, but he's being outperformed goal contribution wise by 30+ other players which isn't great considering his game outside of goals.

If you look at just goals per 90, which obviously benefits him as he doesn't do anything else, he's still behind players like Mateta, Adebayo, Wood, Muniz etc.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The stats support what I've seen myself. His passing is downright poor, no penetration at all and despite that he tends to lose the ball quite a bit. His entire game outside of goals is based around flicks, as soon as he has to do something with the ball at his feet he doesn't look good.

He's not a bad player but he's not CL standard, far from it IMO. If his overall game was that good you'd see big clubs lining up to sign him right now, given the relative dearth of strikers.

Worth noting he's played almost every minute of football available to him this season so, despite scoring 19 goals, his goal contribution per 90 is actually quite low. Look at the players around him in the G/A per 90 metric:

vz2ALBs.png

He's a prime example of why looking at total goals/assists can be a trap. Again, doesn't mean he's not a decent player, but he's being outperformed goal contribution wise by 30+ other players which isn't great considering his game outside of goals.

If you look at just goals per 90, which obviously benefits him as he doesn't do anything else, he's still behind players like Mateta, Adebayo, Wood, Muniz etc.

Would like to see these stats - clear example to me of numbers not capturing the magic of a player.

His first touch and hold up play is genuinely world class imo. One of the most complete strikers out there you can buy today.

As for goals per 90 don’t think it’s relevant as Bournemouth were relegation candidates all year long.

Dokaka

Would like to see these stats - clear example to me of numbers not capturing the magic of a player.

Hereis a quick FBRef comparison I made between him, Sesko, Jesus, Bowen and Nunez just to get a mix.

You can see under the possession per 90 that he - despite attempting very few carries - has a ridiculous amount of miscontrols and turnovers. He gets dispossed almost as often as Jesus despite attempting almost half as many carries, which isn't good. In other words, he creates very little but still loses the ball like a player trying to create a lot, if that makes sense.

Also notice how he's rock bottom of goal creating actions per 90. He's is bottom of the xAssists per 90 as well by a huge margin at only 0.05 which is abysmal for a player with supposed "world class hold up play".

Note that Sesko isn't brilliant in those comparisons either, but he's 20 and has a fantastic goals per 90 ratio.

As for goals per 90 don’t think it’s relevant as Bournemouth were relegation candidates all year long.

No they weren't? Even if that was the case, that doesn't explain why he's behind players from Sheffield, Luton, Brentford and Forest.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

vz2ALBs.png

Scoring goals is the hardest thing in football. To score 19 league goals for a club like Bournemouth and someone bring up well his penetration passing is low is perfect example of modern day football fans. Solanke gave our defence fits in the home game. Clearly a very good striker

If Havertz managed 19 league goals we wouldn’t stop hearing about it by arsenal every day

Dokaka

Scoring goals is the hardest thing in football. To score 19 league goals for a club like Bournemouth and someone bring up well his penetration passing is low is perfect example of modern day football fans. Solanke gave our defence fits in the home game. Clearly a very good striker

If Havertz managed 19 league goals we wouldn’t stop hearing about it by arsenal every day

I brought up those things because I don't rate his overall game and @Rex Stone specifically disagreed with my assessment of his link up play etc.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom