• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s not like Rice has been poor in the 6, he’s had some top games there, Wolves being the most recent.

Virtually every game where we’ve had him there though, Kai has been in the 8 and that’s not his position, so the whole midfield suffered.

I think Rice will be best as a 6 long term, with a proper number 8 next to/infront of him.
Well bruno is not a proper nr 8 and way way overpriced

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I like the player but I'm not sure he's it. Teta & Edu clearly like him as we have monitored him loads since his time in Brazil, but never pulled pulled the trigger.

I'm not comfortable with the club paying top whack for a player we could have got for a much smaller fee a few years ago tbh. Would much rather go for a Luiz or Fofana. Never seen Fofana & don't know a lot about him, but he's highly rated I think.

Seems we are keeping our options open & we probably have 1st, 2nd & 3rd targets for all the positions we are buying for in the summer..

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I like the player but I'm not sure he's it. Teta & Edu clearly like him as we have monitored him loads since his time in Brazil, but never pulled pulled the trigger.

I'm not comfortable with the club paying top whack for a player we could have got for a much smaller fee a few years ago tbh. Would much rather go for a Luiz or Fofana. Never seen Fofana & don't know a lot about him, but he's highly rated I think.

Seems we are keeping our options open & we probably have 1st, 2nd & 3rd targets for all the positions we are buying for in the summer..

Why? We're not that type of club anymore.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Sorry mate...but can you clarify. (Not being funny, just not sure what you mean)

Why what ?

What type of club ?

I don't think we need to feel guilty for buying a player from another club at a premium when we could have got them for cheaper earlier.

We need good players now and if the club thinks Bruno is that then we should buy him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Surprised at the amount of people not really wanting Bruno, think he's class. Stats back it up as well, but even just watching him you can see how much better he is than everyone around him at Newcastle.
Every good player is not 100 million player. He is a good player. But he is not exceptional at anything. Not very strong, quick, not very good defending or attacking. Just a very solid player

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I don't think we need to feel guilty for buying a player from another club at a premium when we could have got them for cheaper earlier.

We need good players now and if the club thinks Bruno is that then we should buy him.
Fair enough, I know what you mean but I just think it's poor business management & slightly embarrassing tbh. It happens tho.

For sure, but if pumping 100 mil on Bruno means we go cheap or scrimp on winger and/or striker, I'd prefer to dodge & go all in on the firepower & get a less expensive MF.

That's just me tho.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Every good player is not 100 million player. He is a good player. But he is not exceptional at anything. Not very strong, quick, not very good defending or attacking. Just a very solid player

80M is Bruno’s max I’d say. What you get and I think the club see if a player who’s super tenacious, wins his duals, good in the press and a decent passer.

But mainly, he’s PL proven and very reliable. It’s just another very safe PL purchase that I think keeps us competing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

80M is Bruno’s max I’d say. What you get and I think the club see if a player who’s super tenacious, wins his duals, good in the press and a decent passer.

But mainly, he’s PL proven and very reliable. It’s just another very safe PL purchase that I think keeps us competing.
PL proven is the only reason the club want to go for him as they don’t want to take risk. Assessing talents is hardly a strength. But the strength you described would fit a lot of players. I just think he gets a lot of protection at Newcastle which he wouldn’t get here. The guy is really slow and with how high we play and teams countering on us. He would be liability here

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

PL proven is the only reason the club want to go for him as they don’t want to take risk. Assessing talents is hardly a strength. But the strength you described would fit a lot of players. I just think he gets a lot of protection at Newcastle which he wouldn’t get here. The guy is really slow and with how high we play and teams countering on us. He would be liability here

I completely agree but I’m looking at it from the clubs perspective and again Rice 6 makes more sense to compensate for Bruno’s lack of athleticism.

jaystewart

He's a good player but Partey is as good at doing a similar job in my mind. Bruno's only played 6 at the top level and he's been insulated by workers at Newcastle.

I think buying Bruno creates as many problems as it solves. At the same time the midfielder market is pretty dry so we could do far worse. We really can't afford to buy unproven players because it'll set us back a year and threaten the title charge momentum we've been carrying.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

100 million is crazy, no thanks
Had to check, and my hunch was right.

Any comments about you saying Rice is not top top quality, and that 75 million for him is taking the piss while suggesting his price was due to English tax?
jaystewart said: It is well known English players go for inflated fees. Also, if Declan Rice was top top he wouldn't be at West Ham aged 24.
jaystewart said: 60m plus 15 first bid sounds like us. That is taking the piss, and I’m not Rice’s biggest fan.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I'm not comfortable with the club paying top whack for a player we could have got for a much smaller fee a few years ago tbh.

This is an awful reason not to buy a player that is purely driven by vanity.

It’s like saying you shouldn’t have bought Nvidia stock at 400 coz you could have bought it at 200 the year before.

Stock is now at 860…

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It’s like saying you shouldn’t have bought Nvidia stock at 400 coz you could have bought it at 200 the year before.

Stock is now at 860…
Also people don't also seem to realize that if a player proves to be one of the best in EPL in their position in those, let's say 2 years time afterwards, it has a huge value for a club that needs instant proven & durable impact.

Arsenal is at a position now where most of the transfers should be proven players, not development ones who carry a risk and can become deadwood. And those cost a lot of money nowadays unless there is a bargain on the market.

Luiz has 2 years left, Guimaraes has a release clause and Newcastle needs money. Rice had 2 years left. One can see the going price for these kind of players from Rice's fee. While Rice would have been worth even 120 million pounds.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Stock is now at 860…

Imagine if Chelsea had used this logic for Kanté. "Could've signed him from Caen for £8m, no thanks".

Henry boi

Surprised at the amount of people not really wanting Bruno, think he's class. Stats back it up as well, but even just watching him you can see how much better he is than everyone around him at Newcastle.
Most wanted him when it looked unrealistic (not that it's realistic now) now that we are linked by reliable sources they don't want him anymore classic AM lol

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom