• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 67 49.6%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.3%

• Total voters

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The question is should Saka be the best player on a title contending team? I don't think he is ready for that burden yet. RVP wasn't ready till his late 20s and he was more naturally gifted. This season, I believe Rice and Ødegaard have been better. Also Big Gabi, Saliba and Ben White have been very good throughout the season.
The reason Arsenal has not been success for the last 20 years and guys like rvp and cesc eventually decided to leave is simple. Arsenal star players are expected to carry lesser players and compete with other star players who has better players around them. Eventually they will have enough, leave and win trophies elsewhere

Saka has Jesus/Havertz as strikers and Martinelli on the other side. We are not good enough and it’s not because of saka and Ødegaard. Until we get better players we will not be successful and I would not be surprised saka leaves in 2 years after realising what former top players did

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

My question is who ever called Saka a world class player?? I'm being serious, I don't know when that trend started. Is it an English media trend thing or just Arsenal fans desperate for a world class player? I don't live in England or follow British media at all. He just looks like a good young player still developing. I don't think he is a generational talent, but I definitely believe he can become even more devastating than he currently is. I honestly do not believe Arteta is getting the best out of Saka. It's kinda like Rooney with Ferguson, yes he was good and put up decent numbers, but the Rooney I saw at Everton was something special. I honestly felt he never fulfilled his potential and was used to make other talents look better because of his versatility (Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy and later on RVP). The one season when Rooney got to be the main man, he was incredible before he inevitably got injured. Which was another thing that took away from his potential, also poor lifestyle choices.
An Arsenal fan/Arsenal mania thing.

With the rest of the country/rival fans pretty much being of the view point that he’s close but not quite there yet.

There’s an eagerness to crown him early, the production is there, the ceiling is there but the consistent 8/10 performances aren’t. Very hard to argue against it when he’s on 32 goal contributions for the season but everyone knows a true world class player when they see one. Its about influence.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I am not sure what you mean by 'talents'. It is such a meaningless word really, except for in your head. Arsenal fans were sold dreams about having a young talented team under Wenger. A fiction.

I am talking about who wins us points... if you recall, we had more points this time last season than we did now and we didn't even have Rice. He pushed us on clearly:lol: Ødegaard and Martinelli have not contributed half as much as they did last season yet Saka has already exceeded last years contributions and there is a bucket load of games left.

Well you said Saka is our best player.. I don't agree with it. Saliba and Rice are clearly more important to the Team at the moment. Also, it is so convenient of some of you to easily forget that once Saliba got injured..our season derailed last year. I'd rather lose Saka than Saliba.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The reason Arsenal has not been success for the last 20 years and guys like rvp and cesc eventually decided to leave is simple. Arsenal star players are expected to carry lesser players and compete with other star players who has better players around them. Eventually they will have enough, leave and win trophies elsewhere

Saka has Jesus/Havertz as strikers and Martinelli on the other side. We are not good enough and it’s not because of saka and Ødegaard. Until we get better players we will not be successful and I would not be surprised saka leaves in 2 years after realising what former top players did
We are close. We just need a clinical CF, another dynamic midfielder cause Partey is always injured and can be loose with his touch and passing, plus a RW rotation for Saka who is a bit more explosive and tricky. If we get those three things down, we can compete for the league and champions league for the next 5 years.

jaystewart

Well you said Saka is our best player.. I don't agree with it. Saliba and Rice are clearly more important to the Team at the moment. Also, it is so convenient of some of you to easily forget that once Saliba got injured..our season derailed last year. I'd rather lose Saka than Saliba.
Is that becuase Saliba is so good or because Rob Holding was so bad? I recall two seasons ago, our top 4 aspirations collapsed, just like we collpased last year, because Rob Holding was introduced. Anyway, doesn't matter.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Yes he's been great for us but calling him World Class is delusional.
It's funny you say that as I keep hearing from pundits on TV that Phil Foden is "World Class"yet when you put up the stats.... 🤔:

Sakavfoden.JPG

foden.JPG

jaystewart

It's funny you say that as I keep hearing from pundits on TV that Phil Foden is "World Class"yet when you put up the stats.... 🤔:

View attachment 23500

View attachment 23501

Nobody has bothered to define world class but from observation world class is simply passing the 'eye test' for most people.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

View attachment 23500

View attachment 23501

Lol bro why are you asking me if Foden is World Class. He is only playing for one of the most demanding managers in the history of the sport.

Don't know about Foden but our starboy definitely isn't World Class..

teamsoutheast

Lol bro why are you asking me if Foden is World Class. He is only playing for one of the most demanding managers in the history of the sport.

Don't know about Foden but our starboy definitely isn't World Class..
:lol: It's a good debate because so many pundits keep talking about Foden being World Class, but when you look at the stats, they're pretty much the same as Saka's, So Saka isn't World Class too no?

teamsoutheast

Nobody has bothered to define world class but from observation world class is simply passing the 'eye test' for most people.
How is the 'eye test' defined? I would say Antony looks good on the eye with his tricks but he isn't World Class. So what exactly is "World Class".

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How is the 'eye test' defined? I would say Antony looks good on the eye with his tricks but he isn't World Class. So what exactly is "World Class".
Saka doesn’t have that unbelievable first touch like Mahrez/Foden or a real burst of pace. Without outstanding physical attributes it’s hard to stand out.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
World class is about making the game look easy, while also being efficient and consistent with your productivity. Also having the ability to step up in big moments, be a match winner, game changer etc At least that's how I define it. For attacking players you must show technique, vision, creativity, motor, movement and guile.

teamsoutheast

Saka doesn’t have that unbelievable first touch like Mahrez/Foden or a real burst of pace. Without outstanding physical attributes it’s hard to stand out.
But look at his stats? His numbers are very similar to Foden He scores in the big games. He's actually scored more goals at International level with less games played. So why is Saka not World Class but Foden is?

Saka.JPG
Foden.JPG

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But look at his stats? His numbers are very similar to Foden He scores in the big games. He's actually scored more goals at International level with less games played. So why is Saka not World Class but Foden is?

View attachment 23510
View attachment 23511
I’m not arguing that, you asked what the eye test is though. For players like Saka, it’s harder to distinguish themselves because they don’t immediately stand out.

teamsoutheast

I really don't get this World Class "loving" that Foden gets but Saka gets no World Class "love"....... :lol:

teamsoutheast

He never beats his man which is kind of fundamental for a winger at an elite club.

He looks more exciting a couple of seasons ago,now everything he does feels pre-determined and predictable
Look at his stats. Just as good as "World Class" Phil Foden... 🤔

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom