• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's only 22

Very true.

He could be 31 having spent 10 years in London winning **** all, then moving to a dead cert in the German League just for them to have their first trophyless season since 2012...as a random example.

That would have been proper embarrassing!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Saka in a few years...

c2dd4bf59dce4f222635d2691296d4a0.jpg

attitude_magazine0004.jpg

... it's Arsenal heritage!
I really don’t want to see Saka paraded around London billboards in tiny underwear like Freddie.

jaystewart

Even Sky have picked up on Saka not being nominated for POTY

That’s because it’s trending online. Wasn’t mentioned once in pundits discussions about nominations on sky/talksport

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

MA08

World class. Cesc, RvP, Sanchez, Cole levels etc. None of them are.
Ode is as good as Cesc was. RVP was world class for 2-3 years, I do not think there was a defender as good as Saliba and Gabriel during Emirates era, Ben White is the best right back during Emirates era, Rice is probably the closest to Patrick Vieira, And Sanchez was never world class, that is why Barca got rid of him. He was our best player during our worst time. But Saka is miles better than he ever was,

Mraven

Comparing current players to past world class players is stupid. Of course Sanchez in his prime years were better than Saka at 22. And a declining KDB has had better years in the PL than Ode. Still, selling them now and see them turn into world beaters in Spain would be really painful.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sanchez Vs Saka is interesting

Sanchez at his peak obvious more of a threat than Saka at present but no way our overall team performs as well if he's there instead of Saka

Don't think he'd buy in to the heavily coached nature of our current team

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Even I completely disagree with Saka being better than Sanchez.

Sanchez was an animal, completely different prospect. Saka is a machine and is becoming an output machine, but I don’t believe he can do the things Alexis did yet.

Got lots of years to become that guy tho.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Even I completely disagree with Saka being better than Sanchez.

Sanchez was an animal, completely different prospect. Saka is a machine and is becoming an output machine, but I don’t believe he can do the things Alexis did yet.

Got lots of years to become that guy tho.

Saka probably hasn't peaked yet and is already close to matching Alexis end product on the wing (I don't want to compare Alexis as striker as it's oranges and apples talk)

Saka (23/24) 16 goals (10 non penalty) 8 assists = 24 goal contributions (18 without pens)
Alexis Sanchez (14/15) 16 goals and 8 assists = 24 goal contributions
Saka 22/23 - 14 goals (12 npg) and 11 assists = 25 goal contributions (23 without penalties)
Alexis Sanchez - 13 goals and 4 assists = 17 goal contributions

That's only PL and it should be noted Alexis had 63 goal contributions in all comps in his first 2 seasons

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Saka probably hasn't peaked yet and is already close to matching Alexis end product on the wing (I don't want to compare Alexis as striker as it's oranges and apples talk)

Saka (23/24) 16 goals (10 non penalty) 8 assists = 24 goal contributions (18 without pens)
Alexis Sanchez (14/15) 16 goals and 8 assists = 24 goal contributions
Saka 22/23 - 14 goals (12 npg) and 11 assists = 25 goal contributions (23 without penalties)
Alexis Sanchez - 13 goals and 4 assists = 17 goal contributions

That's only PL and it should be noted Alexis had 63 goal contributions in all comps in his first 2 seasons

Saka has commitment and a winning mentality. Sanchez was a serious baller but also a pretty arrogant, largely unmanageable git (as he himself admits re his late time at Arsenal and dire decision to join ManU), compensating with a couple of cute dogs.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Sanchez my boy pi$$es all over Saka. Im sorry but Saka is too predictable imo.

Saka can go on his left or right, if anything Alexis became more predictable hence the drop off.

But in terms of overall match winning quality I preferred Alexis. Saka isn’t near his prime yet and we had Alexis prime. Saka will be better but not yet.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel stylistically Sanchez and Saka would really suit eachother, in terms of how both play.

Both are top players (Bukayo will be, as it's hard to compare him to prime Alexis while he isn't at his peak yet) and I would have loved to see it.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Saka and Sanchez is a difficult comparison. Saka is so effective, and has been a key factor in why we are where we are. I enjoyed watching Sanchez more. He was like diet Messi at times.

I think Ødegaard is world class. I'd estimate I've spent close to 30k watching Arsenal live. When I had to watch some of our teams, I was so aware of what I was watching. We have had some real dross, even years we dragged ourselves in to the Champions League still.

I loved how Cesc played. The frequency of him picking an incredible pass and just his sheer class puts jim slightly ahead of Ode, but when you sit in the stadium you can see that Ødegaard is almost always a level above anyone else on the pitch in 95 percent of the games.

I'd factor his energy in hugely here too. He leads the press brilliantly, and I'd expect that at this level, your legs get heavier when your defensive output is this high. I would expect some of our free flowing technical teams who played in an era where this pressing and compactness wasn't commonplace where able to express themselves more, both due to our own lack of pressing, and the oppositions. It was an easier time to be that player.

If he's not world class, he's on the cusp at least.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Saka can go on his left or right, if anything Alexis became more predictable hence the drop off.

But in terms of overall match winning quality I preferred Alexis. Saka isn’t near his prime yet and we had Alexis prime. Saka will be better but not yet.
How was he predicatable? He played on the left, right and the middle. Scored lots of different goals, pressed like a machine, tracked back to his own penalty area ffs. Played into afew blind alleys but atleast he could be his man alot. The pros outweighed the cons heavily. Why we chose to keep Özil of him il never know.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom