• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I sincerely hope not, I am tired of him being dragged about between RB, CB, and CDM. Let's get him developing into a position already! These positions aren't so alike, he needs to start developing in one, and one only, or else he won't make it. Preferable CB from me.

That's the only way he gets game time because he isn't a starter

Impact

Established Member
Keep Debuchy and Chambers. We need a squad to sustain a challenge in the PL, FA Cup and CL. Deal with them at the end of the season if they want/need more playing time.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Only way this happens is if we keep Debuchy and chances are he will force himself out for most likely his last ever Euros.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wenger to loan Chambers out, plenty of PL sides want him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...to-send-calum-chambers-out-on-loan-as-arsena/

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chambers leaves and we're left with:

RB: Bellerin, Debuchy, Jenkinson
CB: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gabriel
LB: Monreal, Gibbs

Debuchy and Jenkinson are rubbish and should leave, Gibbs is likely off as well.

RB: Bellerin
LB: Monreal

We'd need three signings in defence...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Debuchy and Jenkinson are rubbish and should leave, Gibbs is likely off as well.

He'll probably keep one of Jenkinson/Debuchy and sign a new LB and CB. Chuck in a forward and that's probably our summer spending done.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't mind this move if we sign a center back because if Chambers leave we left with 3 center backs plus Monreal who is really poor as center back.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He'll probably keep one of Jenkinson/Debuchy and sign a new LB and CB. Chuck in a forward and that's probably our summer spending done.
Sadly this is likely, Jenkinson is still injured and is meant to be out until October time, the useless ****** will probably be our backup.

carlito'sway

Established Member

We will definitely get a new CB (Koulibaly, Benatia...), very likely a RB as well (I don't Jenks will stay at the club).
For the LB position, that will depend on Gibbs. If he stays put, no movement there.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
im sad about this, he should get an honest shot as a CB with us.
but probably a loan can work wonders with him

blaze_of_glory

Loan makes sense if we ever want him to become a regular player for us. Needs game time to develop.

Definitely going to need signings in defense though. Ideally Rodriguez comes in, Gibbs goes, and another CB is brought in as well. And I guess RB depends on if Jenkinson stays around (I'm assuming Debuchy will be gone).

tim08

I think a loan for him would be a very good idea. Getting regular game time at a Southampton, Everton (Stones replacement?) or Swansea etc would do wonders for his development. Think he is going to be a good player but sitting on the bench and covering RB here wont do him any good.

For next season our CB options should be Koscielny, new CB, Gabriel and Mertesacker. Our big German will leave this time next year when his contract runs out and Chambers will step in as a great replacement after playing a full season of regular Premier League football.

Everyone's a winner!

adpree

We will definitely get a new CB (Koulibaly, Benatia...), very likely a RB as well (I don't Jenks will stay at the club).
For the LB position, that will depend on Gibbs. If he stays put, no movement there.

Doubt we will get in 2 defenders in one window. Wenger is aiming for 3 signings, cm, st and defender.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Don't want him going out on loan to a PL side and A) not playing regularly (e.g Gnabry) and B) playing RB.

Needs to go somewhere where he's guaranteed games at CB - if he is actually to go out on loan. Then we absolutely must buy a CB and unfortunately have to put up with Jenks/Debuchy for another season. Unless we're opting to bring in a RB instead of a LB..

Ah man, i don't even know anymore :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]
Top Bottom