• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Can Welbeck take the next step?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Should be back in time for the Emirates , if not then hopefully Charity Shield on 2nd August.

Season is nearly back ladies and gentlemen

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Does anyone else kind of miss Welbeck and what he offers to our team? I know he can be very frustrating and hasn't really pushed on, but i feel he brings something to our game on the right hand side that we're missing atm.

He has that energy and defensive contribution that Wenger sees in Ramsey, but he offers so much more as a wide man. Reckon Wenger trusts him more on the right than Ox and Theo too.

His injury is turning out to be another Arteta style mystery. We could really do with getting him back. Could use him up front atm too tbh. With another forward signing looking less likely every day, we need all the help we can get.

chessygoal

Does anyone else kind of miss Welbeck and what he offers to our team? I know he can be very frustrating and hasn't really pushed on, but i feel he brings something to our game on the right hand side that we're missing atm.

He has that energy and defensive contribution that Wenger sees in Ramsey, but he offers so much more as a wide man. Reckon Wenger trusts him more on the right than Ox and Theo too.

His injury is turning out to be another Arteta style mystery. We could really do with getting him back. Could use him up front atm too tbh. With another forward signing looking less likely every day, we need all the help we can get.
Welbeck wide is the last thing I want to see. Ox and Walcott are far better in that role.
But upfront, instead of Giroud, he might ave a shot if we don't buy a striker. In fact, Welbeck having a breakout season ala Coquelin is probably our best hope to solve our striker problem.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Welbeck wide is the last thing I want to see. Ox and Walcott are far better in that role.
But upfront, instead of Giroud, he might ave a shot if we don't buy a striker. In fact, Welbeck having a breakout season ala Coquelin is probably our best hope to solve our striker problem.
I'd rather see Ox and Walcott too but i reckon Wenger trusts Welbeck out wide more than those two. He's not a bad option out there. Not as effective as Ox and Theo mind, but i'd definitely rather see Welbeck out wide than Ramsey.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I like Welbeck out wide. A front 3 of Alexis-Giroud-Welbeck is fine for me. He's fast as ****, strong, provides a goal threat, can get in behind, good in the air & has a great engine and won't shirk his defensive work.

GabeGooner

Welbeck can be a fantastic player, I believe. He is definitely no worse than many of the 'next big thing' players people want us to sign. He simply needs the time to play and establish himself in the team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's finished, sadly. This injury, ruining his pre season, once he returns he'll need time to get sharp etc, will be Dec - Feb.

Wenger will tell him to find a new club next summer when we sign one or two new attackers.

No worries though, for Danny, there is money in English football and every club outside the top four will want him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm not so sure, can see him getting game time after the international break. All he needs is one good game and he could get a long run. Especially seen as our striking options are in flux.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully comes back fit and strong. I like Danny and what he offers.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
http://www.footballinsider247.com/e...k-as-arsenal-striker-faces-extended-spell-out
Danny Welbeck is facing an extended spell on the sidelines after suffering another setback in his recovery from a nasty knee injury
I know it's Wayne Veysey, but he's been half-decent in the past with the injury news.

If it's true this is just laughable though, he's been out for almost a year and they still can't diagnose what's wrong with him. Bet he'll "come back" just in time in January for Wenger to have his new signing though.

blaze_of_glory

Welbeck has only been out since April I thought. A long stretch but not close to a year.

But if he really is on 100k a week that is pretty sad.

GabeGooner

Even if he is on £100k, what does it matter? He's a very hard-working player. He is lightening quick. He is home-grown. He has the attributes, all he needs is a run of games. He was fantastic against Galatasaray at home.

Give the lad a chance to recover from his injury and work his way back into the team before you dismiss him. It's his first season at a new club; he's been at United since he was a kid, it'll take time to adjust.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom