• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Celtic FC

AFCG7

Established Member
:shock: got thumped 5-0 by a Slovakian club in CL qualifying first leg.
ALiadiere came on as a late substitute. He wanted European football .. looks like all he will get is 2 games. STrachan will probably get the sack.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Celtic's new signing Nakamura must not be thrlled by this.
Bhoy have been virtually off to UEFA Cup.

Canuck

Established Member
I was genuinely suprised when I saw this. Of course you should never underestimate the Eastern teams in the qualifyers. But to be blown out 5-0! Shame for Strachan, who described it as 'his worst footballing experience ever'!
Put together a successful run in UefaCup and they might (MIGHT) re-coop the 10million they're going to lose out on by not qualifying. Rangers must be having a laugh though.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
what in the HELL happened to Celtic? the are not THAT bad for crissake... maybe he should have used Ali to start.... poor bastard as someone else said, he won't get much European experience unless Celtic make a "Liverpool-esque" comeback of mammoth proportions in Glasgow....

gunner_down_under

very unlikely!!....how can one team be so dominant in their country and so **** when it comes to europe?....(hope no **** fans read this post, because i pretty much know their exact reaction!)

Canuck

Established Member
Oh ho! I'd forgotten that they wouldn't even make it into Europe at all! That may be the first time in a very long while that Celtic haven't been playing in Europe I imagine.

Canuck

Established Member
That was Intertoto Cup though. At least they pinched the away goal.

No Uefa Cup for them either?

the dawn raids

Established Member
Newcastle get in only if they win the tournament.

Celtic :shock:

i mean what can you say? plus Sutton broke his cheekbone; adding insult to injury.

Canuck

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Newcastle get in only if they win the tournament.

Celtic :shock:

i mean what can you say? plus Sutton broke his cheekbone; adding insult to injury.
adding insult to injury...Sutton broke his cheekbone...colliding with his own player (Lennon)

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
What the hell is Lennon still doing playing? Isn't he like 35 or something?

Cant believe they're going to be knocked out of Europe! What a slap in the face. I really feel for Gordan Strachan. He made some good buys in the off season, but I guess it didnt really show did it.

If they had an away goal, I'd say they were in with a chance. But they won't be able to score 6 goals. No chance. Expect a very defensive Artmedia Bratislava in the second leg.

bobbypires

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
Heh and Newcastle unsuprisingly lost to Depor.. :roll:

Bloody hell they had a s**t team out for this game..
Lucky Newcastle... I went to the stadium yesterday and Depor really deserved better luck. Newcastle looked poor. Hope they play like that at Highbury. :D

Chips&CurrySauce

You're riht bobbypires, the Geordies were lucky to only lose 2-1 last night but they were without Jenas, Dyer, Emre and Parker, in addition by the time they play us I'm sure they'll have a striker and a left winger..

As for Celtic, they have a very slow and ageing team.. Hartson just can't run anymore and certainly shouldn't be picked, Sutton is also old and injury prone and Lennon and Thompson are way past their best... Strachan has a tough job on his hands, but still it is no excuse to lose 5-0 to a second rate Slovak side

dev_atdi

Celtic were a complete shambles last night. Strachan's completely out of his depth and simply doesn't have the right players available. Scottish Football is a completely different kettle of fish because of the sheer drop in quality you've got to deal with. Gordon's really got his work cut out if you ask me. 5-0? Shocking

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom