• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Round of 16: FC Porto 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 21st February | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cb3f4fd0930bb567ecd054213d05ccc.png

Screenshot-20240217-225720.png

lineup-1.png

Screenshot-20240217-230431.png

Prediction

Porto 0-2 Arsenal

dino bravo

I have no idea if Porto are any good these days. I know they are 3rd in their league, but would Mik take a draw right now do we think?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
would Mik take a draw right now do we think?

These are not the fogging estandards man c’mon.

Seriously tho - we need to have a win all games at all costs mentality, so no I don’t think he takes a draw. Not even at the Bernabeu, as silly as that sounds. You need to be brave and have the mentality of champions if you’re ever going to be champions.

MA08

The key is to not make any silly mistakes. We need to understand one thing. This is the first Knock out tie for a lot of our players. Our key players have never played in a CL knock out tie. So it is going to be a different feeling for them. it is important to recognize that when we analyze our peformance. Also, that is why having Jesus, Zinchenko, Havertz, Jorginho helps, as they have sufficient experience in these crunch games

HattoriHanzo

So, Psycho Pepe against our attacking players.
There are many tough defenders out there, and 99% of them are normal, they don't want to hurt opponent players deliberately.
Well, Psycho Pepe is among this 1%, he looks like he really wants to hurt opponent players.

We must avoid silly mistakes and should stay away from any quarrel with their players.
They will ****house all the match, we must stay calm and focused.
This will be very difficult and tough match.
They have more experience than us since they play CL every season.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Porto supporters aren't full of confidence:

If they make it through the tie without any humiliation, I'll be satisfied.
It's sad, but it's probably what goes through the minds of most Porto fans.
SC will strengthen the midfield, as always.

I bet on Grujic, Varela, Nico and Pepê with Eva and Galeno up front.

Hope we don't get humiliated in the tie.
It's going to be a disaster, even though we always play better in the Champions League. Arsenal have a great team and our holes are huge. No high hopes sincerely. May it be better next year, if we don't even make it to the Champions League.
I will be extremely surprised by anything that is not a defeat.
Only if the football gods want to make a joke do we get something more than a more or less expressive natural defeat. But as Arsenal should come to try something more than defending, it may be that the footballing gods remember to give an avenue for Galeno or Francisco to explore.

Obviously, I don't expect anything more than a defeat. That it is not expressive, that is all I ask. The current moment and bewilderment of our team cannot realistically dream of more. And anyone who says otherwise will be lying to appear to be "more Porto" than the others.

It's praying to the gods of football.

Tom Mix

I would like us to continue the goalfest but expect it to be tighter. If we keep our heads we could come back with a 0-2 and that's the tie over basically.

I can see Jorginho playing a part here, we need that old-head savvy in dealing with thugs like Pepe. We can't go for broke here and ignore the Newcastle game which is more important. I can live with a draw here - though we need to try and win it even if just by one goal - but can't live with dropping points against the Toon.

Above all let's try and avoid injuries to Saka, Rice, Ødegaard and the centre-backs.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Prob more chance of winning UCL than the league IMO.

In UCL can get away with a mistake or two as its over two legs.

In the league, there is zero room for error now.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Prob more chance of winning UCL than the league IMO.

In UCL can get away with a mistake or two as its over two legs.

In the league, there is zero room for error now.
It really isn't. The league doesn't have Real Madrid, Atletico, PSG, Milan Clubs, etc. It has utter dross like West Ham and Burnley.

These are great teams. Not to be underestimated at all. There's a reason we've never won the champions league. It's very competitive. It's not a competition you rotate for. It's not a competition you can have an offday.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It really isn't. The league doesn't have Real Madrid, Atletico, PSG, Milan Clubs, etc. It has utter dross like West Ham and Burnley.

These are great teams. Not to be underestimated at all. There's a reason we've never won the champions league. It's very competitive. It's not a competition you rotate for. It's not a competition you can have an offday.
You absolutely can have an off-day. And turn it around in the second leg. This has happened more times than I can remember!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom