• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Charlie Patino (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Disappointing but also understandable he won't get chance here specially when we targeting tow midfielders.

We need make sure getting buyback clause

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Ngl, I'm.shocked by this news but it gave me three thoughts:
1) This is the price you pay when you have an academy brimming with talent. Not everyone will make it.
2) We must be serious about rebuilding the midfield.
3) I think Balogun will get sold too.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Unexpected but not completely surprising. Think seeing him on loan, the talent is there but I was honestly struck by his lack of acceleration and agility at this level more than his perceived lack of duel winning (which honestly isn't bad at all). I think he'll probably feel ready to play and not want to go on loan, plus the consequence of the first team being much better now, might not see a way in.

I'm not terribly unnerved by this but it is unfortunate. Patino was one of our better prospects in what was/is a pretty good intake, and had a lot of hype and promise behind him - hype that even I thought was a bit much (the stories of him being "better than Wilshere" come to mind) - but hype that didn't seem completely unwarranted given his ability and tactical intelligence. That said, this does clear the room for other prospects in the academy, Myles Lewis-Skelly perhaps being the biggest beneficiary as the premier #6/8 prospect currently.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Unexpected but not completely surprising. Think seeing him on loan, the talent is there but I was honestly struck by his lack of acceleration and agility at this level more than his perceived lack of duel winning (which honestly isn't bad at all). I think he'll probably feel ready to play and not want to go on loan, plus the consequence of the first team being much better now, might not see a way in.

I'm not terribly unnerved by this but it is unfortunate. Patino was one of our better prospects in what was/is a pretty good intake, and had a lot of hype and promise behind him - hype that even I thought was a bit much (the stories of him being "better than Wilshere" come to mind) - but hype that didn't seem completely unwarranted given his ability and tactical intelligence. That said, this does clear the room for other prospects in the academy, Myles Lewis-Skelly perhaps being the biggest beneficiary as the premier #6/8 prospect currently.
It sucks but I'm not distraught. He's a good player and I can see him being a Premier League midfielder in time, but he was not a standout talent in the Championship. At the very best, he would have gone out on loan again to a new Championship side.

I just hope the club is serious about bringing in midfielders and giving MLS a pathway.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's simply he doesn't really have a role here or a clear pathway due to the very specific roles in our midfield. I don't think he's got enough of the attributes required to do either what Partey does effectively (well at least when Partey was playing well) or as an 8.

FWIW I seen the idea of him playing in Zinchenko's role but how long would that take to happen?

I don't think it's as big a loss as someone like Willock who's showing his quality and IMO would be perfect for the 8 role here. That said it's always a bit disappointing when someone who's highly rated from the academy is forced to leave.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
He is a good talent but we already know we need at least two midfielders to improve our squad. Its hard to find a place for him when we have Partey, Xhaka, Ødegaard, ESR, Vieira, Lokonga, Jorginho, Elneny, and maybe one or two new midfielders (Rice, Caicedo, etc...)
If Arteta consider Patino is the future of the club, he has to find a solution, but i think its too hard, i don't see we will let more than 3 of Partey, Xhaka, Jorginho, Elneny, Lokonga, ESR, Vieira leave this summer, but in the next summer its very probable.
Its Patino, he has to be patient. if he can't we can let him leave. I think its not about Arteta or Edu, its too hard for them to take the decision like that

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems the club just don’t rate him that highly, maybe we can insert some for of buy back in the deal?

Goonger

Was just thinking about this, how common is buy back? Feels like a fifa ting

Chelsea been sticking it in most of their transfers of Academy players they let leave. It's a decent insurance if the player does go on to becoming really good, but most of the time doesn't get exercised as the player never really reached the required level.

City recently done it with Lavia as well is another good example.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seems the club just don’t rate him that highly, maybe we can insert some for of buy back in the deal?
I think it's Patino driving the move. Doesn't want to go on loan so would rather leave permanently. Think the club accept that.

The twitter tacticos are beside themselves. I'm begrudgingly accepting of this as I think he would have had a tough time anyway. I've got more stocks in others.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal fans on twitter actually think we getting 15M from him. They in for a shock the guy didn't have best of season at Blackpool if we get 5M plus buyback clause that'll be good deal

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think it's Patino driving the move. Doesn't want to go on loan so would rather leave permanently. Think the club accept that.

The twitter tacticos are beside themselves. I'm begrudgingly accepting of this as I think he would have had a tough time anyway. I've got more stocks in others.

Show us your portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom