• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chris Kirkland

Sammer

Established Member
I just saw Isaaksson play for Sweden a week ago - and he made some pretty silly mistakes there.

Yes, I rate him though, but the question is: how many of those mistakes is a keeper allowed at Arsenal. Think about what the press/media pulled on Jens in his first CL season.

Regarding Kirkland, I am not convinced at all. Totally agree with asajoseph, that the keeper-linking gets ridiculous.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
AFCFan4Ever said:
Yeah Isaksson...the guy who will look brilliant one game and then give up 5 goals the next, no thanks. I actually wouldn't mind Kirkland IF he could prove to stay healthy for a long period of time, my only concern about him. He has all the tools a top notch GK needs and he's still young enough for any team to build around for the future.

The losses Rennes got wasn't his fault it was a general **** up by Rennes defence wise. No one blaimed Isaksson. Man that guy has got alotta talent signed by Juve as 15-16 yr old. Trained by Cechs trainer and a starter in Sweden since after the 2002 WC. And isn't that injury prone like Kirkland. He have been great in Sweden, won the leauge twice before joining Rennes

AFCFan4Ever

Isaksson can look very good at times but then again he can look very ordinary and horrible at times too...I've seen him make some REALLY ridiculous mistakes that led to goals, sometimes it seems that he plays like he really doesn't care what happens or his head isn't into the game. Too erractic for my liking, sorry. He's def. not the world beater a lot of people on here make him out to be.

Asterix

Established Member
Kirkland injured again - bruised kidney this time :roll: - out for a month. He sounds like an unlikely target given his medical history - if Viera failed a medical I imagine they wouldn't let Kirkland through the door.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal are ready to offer Liverpool £4m for injury-cursed goalkeeper Chris Kirkland, who is currently on loan at West Brom (Express).

Gunning

Gurgen said:
Ratinho said:
He's technically a lot better than right to be fair.

True, but I like my goalkeeper to have personality, a presence, someone to be scared of.

gurgen...slightly off topic but who is the chick in your avatar... i wanna get some pics of her she looks gorgeous...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger is considering a move for Wigan Athletic goalkeeper Chris Kirkland.
The News of the World says Wenger wants a new rival for Manuel Almunia as Jens Lehmann will leave at the end of the season and has been impressed with Kirkland, 26, this term.

He is weighing up a £6million swoop for the fit-again England international.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
He's a very good goalkeeper albeit very injury prone. Still I'm all for some talented competition for Almunia.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Injury prone, talented player? Will fit right in!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
not good enough for arsenal.

don't want him near us

tam1886

Established Member
Wait a minute. Let me get this right.

English goalkeeper?
Rumoured £6m bid?
Problems with injuries?
Once touted as a potential England number one?

:shock: It's Richard Wright all over again!

JazzG

Established Member
He will provide great company for Van Persie and Rosicky ;)

He is a good keeper and a few years ago I thought he had real potential to become one of the top keepers but he is so injury prone that it is borderline ridiculous.

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't watch a lot of lower division football, but, speaking of English keepers, I was wondering what everyone thinks of Luke Steele? Bit of a hyped name, but I've seen him about 3 times this season, and he's been unbelievable on each of the three occasions.

Is he the real deal, or a flash in the pan?

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom