• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Ødegaard has always been elite ball handler. But not one player has become better on the ball. I would argue as we go on even havertz will be worse and be nothing more than target man

Some of your comments in this thread are bizarre.

“Elite ball handlers” are generally lacking across Europe. Havertz isn’t an elite dribbler because that isn’t his skill set? You’ve either got it or you haven’t, so you play to that players strengths to get the best out of them, which is what Arteta is doing.

Different players have different skill sets, Martinelli is all about that pace and explosiveness to beat his man, something he has lacked this season along with being poor in the final third. You can’t just coach better feet and a quicker brain into a player in their mid 20’s ffs.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
“Elite ball handlers” are generally lacking across Europe. Havertz isn’t an elite dribbler because that isn’t his skill set? You’ve either got it or you haven’t, so you play to that players strengths to get the best out of them, which is what Arteta is doing.
Mostly lacking on this island, Spain and Croatia (which has 20 times less population) are constantly able to produce quality players on the ball.

I think Havertz is fine on the ball, it's just that the game is way more intensive than it was before which makes things harder for players who control the ball

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Me in November: this is the worst footballer of all-time

Me in May:

Christ.

This is like when your dad starts trying to use slang 20 years to young for him, back to Havertz out to be brutally honest!

• Fire
Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's turned into a brilliant signing and I'm happy we have him. I can't wait to see what he can do played in his proper position full of confidence with the supporters behind him from the beginning next season. Absolutely top-class young man to persevere and end the season the way he has.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Turned from potential worst signing of the season as a midfielder, to one of the signings of the seasons as a striker.

Great turnaround and hopefully lessons learnt next season about where he plays, looks forward to supporting him in the Euros!

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

What about the Aston Villa game?

In the first Villa game we absolutely dominated them, very unlucky.

In the second Villa game the tactic with Havertz in midfield worked perfectly in the first half with him running from deep, we just couldn’t finish.

Don’t just look at individual players, because there’s multiple moments where we could’ve got the extra 2 points to win the league.

Havertz was a bigger part of our success this season.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom