• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniël De Ridder

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.people.co.uk/sport/tm_objectid=15569041%26method=full%26siteid=55768%26headline=%2d%2ddaniel%2dde%2dridder-name_page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.people.co.uk/sport/tm_object ... _page.html</a>

eddie_wills

we're too big a club to loan players.

waaat! With that attitude we'll never get anywhere. Loans can be an excellent idea - try before you buy, and of course are far less expensive than signing someone.

To not loan someone because its not a "big club" thing to do is ridiculous in my opinion

turtle

We did loan a player called Papadopoulos a year ago, so this could be done, but I just think this de Riddler loan deal won't happen.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I've always been impressed when I've seen de Ridder play. He's only 21-years-old. I'm surprised he hasn't become a regular fixture in the Ajax side. He would provide good cover for Ljungberg on the right-hand side. We should try to sign him for £2m-£3m.

sabret00the

Established Member
KingReyes said:
sabret00the said:
we're too big a club to loan players.

So does that make Inter and Ac Milan small clubs because they loaned Veron and Crespo respectively?
i would say they're both clubs who are in temp decline :lol:

nah it's just one of those things, some clubs do it, we don't, unless they're gonna play reseves, arsenal set out our squad on the long term, not with short term bandaids such as a loan.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I know De Ridder is a talent. He didn't get that much playing time at Ajax this season. Of 58 official matches (League, Cup & European) Daniel got just 7 starts and 23 times was a sub. Apparently they're not convinced at Ajax yet. I only saw him play once for Holland U21, he surely is skilled.

thegreatbriton

De Ridder on loan Apparenlty

Arséne Wenger zal pogingen doen om Daniël de Ridder bij Ajax weg te plukken, vertelt de Arsenal-oefenmeester aan het betrouwbare The People. De Franse manager hoopt de Amsterdammer op huurbasis te laten overkomen, met een optie tot koop.

De Ridder werd al eerder nadrukkelijk genoemd bij andere Engelse clubs, United, Newcastle United en Tottenham Hotspur. Bij Ajax staat De Ridder zelden in de basiself. De vleugelaanvaller en aanvallende middenvelder hoopte op een langer verblijf in de Arena, maar ziet weinig toekomst als hij niet speelt.

Anyone speak dutch ? Anyone know anything about him.

Its form here
http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?id=18288
by the way

A

Anonymous

It basically says Arsène Wenger will make attempts to sign him with an option to buy.
It also says he's wanted by other English clubs, and his future in Amsterdam looks bleak.

I've always rated him myself.
Very flairy winger who dribbles quite well. Great assist too.

clockwork orange

Basically this article states that AW told the reliable 'The People' that he hopes to loan De Ridder. MU, NUFC & TH are stated as clubs which have been mentioned to be intested in signing him in the past. They also say De Ridder is unhappy at Ajax, if he gets to little playing time.

asajoseph

Established Member
This is essentially the same story that appeared over the weekend - re-reported 3 days late.

Frankly, I don't see the point - if Wenger thinks he's good enough, sign him now to make sure we don't end up losing him to someone else after a successful season. If Wenger doesn't think he's good enough, don't bother.

clockwork orange

asajoseph said:
This is essentially the same story that appeared over the weekend - re-reported 3 days late.

Frankly, I don't see the point - if Wenger thinks he's good enough, sign him now to make sure we don't end up losing him to someone else after a successful season. If Wenger doesn't think he's good enough, don't bother.

Exactly, nothing new. Agree with the remainder as well.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško has said yes to Arsenal and now the club are in pole position to complete a £45m deal [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom