• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Raya: King David

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I hope Tets gave this imbecile a deserved verbal lashing!!

If we get the opportunity to upgrade on him we must strike whilst the iron is hot.

He is not the type to inspire confidence in a defense.

Henry boi

I hope Tets gave this imbecile a deserved verbal lashing!!

If we get the opportunity to upgrade on him we must strike whilst the iron is hot.

He is not the type to inspire confidence in a defense.
He does inspire confidence in his defense, you can clearly see they trust him, people saying we should upgrade are silly
He is the best we can realistically get for someone with his skill set,
Not excusing he's mistake though that was terrible

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Given the way Arteta wants his goalkeepers to play, it's no surprise that you'll get a mistake like that during a season.

Raya just got on with it, and that's what you want to see.

We're going to need a goalkeeper, as I assume Ramsdale will be sold, but that'll most likely be a backup gk.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
With our defense and what Arteta wants from a goalkeeper, playing with his feet, distribution, etc. then Raya is the guy.

We can win the PL with him.

We didn't lose the CL because of him.

He absolutely cost us in the CL. We were in control until he rushed out for no reason.

He done well to recover yesterday, but every big game he seems to do something. Vs City he almost gifted Alvarez a goal. Vs Bayern and Sp**s we all know what happened. Let’s see if he can stay error free vs Utd in a few weeks…..

quattro

reckon that one was an isolated incident. his reaction to it, particularly with the authoritative claiming of crosses after was refreshing. i think he's here to stay.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's not him making mistakes that bothers me, he's told to be a risk taker with his distribution.

It's the fact that it tends to be in big games that he has these moments that concerns me.

He's had a good season overall and is an upgrade on Ramsdale but if he's still making these errors in important matches next season I'd be looking to be ruthless and upgrade.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Horrible error but recovered well and didn't panic. Apologies on the pitch and to the fans afterwards. He's not Seaman level for me but he's silentlyimprived our defending. The golden glove was his yesterday has he kept a clean sheet.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
For Romeo’s goal he (Romero) gave him the eyes of the side he was going, and from such a close distance Raya had to make a choice and anticipate it- he had the full goal to aim at.
For all the stick he gets for his height he’s incredibly solid with crosses, can tell he gives our defence confidence when he goes for it.
He’s not exactly peak Neuer, Buffon or Casillias but it’s difficult to pick a keeper right now who’s excellent with his feet, controls his area as well as Raya but also an elite shot stopper.
Can anyone name someone who’s attainable instead of the usual “ **** this guy, get someone else “
I'm telling you, although he only started to play for Burnley, Aro Muric stats are mightily impressive.

Arteta knows him as he was Edersons backup and he has incredible passing ability and can play from the back just as fine.

Check the Squawka comparison matrix. Immense stats and so much better across all aspects from Dave Raya.

Screenshot_20240429_113206_Chrome.jpg

fute

I'm telling you, although he only started to play for Burnley, Aro Muric stats are mightily impressive.

Arteta knows him as he was Edersons backup and he has incredible passing ability and can play from the back just as fine.

Check the Squawka comparison matrix. Immense stats and so much better across all aspects from Dave Raya.

View attachment 23930

How tall is he? 🤔

wirey279

watching the Van de Ven offside and their first goal , Raya for no reason totally over commits way too early to his left making the finishes so easy .Give him credit he is excellent coming for crosses but any other part of his game I actually stop breathing until hes got rid of the ball safely.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s a thankless task being a keeper these days. The guys in midfield can give the opposition a free one and nobody bats an eyelid, Rice did it yesterday. The keeper does it once and it can lose you the match. And everybody calls him a loser.

coleio

View attachment 23944

Oh no, not this kind of crap again. I saw very similar things being shown regarding Raya and Ramsdale :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Oh no, not this kind of crap again. I saw very similar things being shown regarding Raya and Ramsdale :lol:
What I am saying is that this guy could be an excellent number 2. I am sure that we wouldn't be bringing him as a starter.

blaze_of_glory

It’s a thankless task being a keeper these days. The guys in midfield can give the opposition a free one and nobody bats an eyelid, Rice did it yesterday. The keeper does it once and it can lose you the match. And everybody calls him a loser.
Yeah, but that right there is the difference. Keepers should not be taking the same risks with the ball as midfielders.

It certainly isn't easy when they are asked to play with their feet so much but the error yesterday was pretty much unforced and seemed to be due to being overconfident. He seemed to be trying to dink the ball to Partey, who would have been under immediate pressure anyway.

Olivier_Giroud

Nearly a billion spent and we end up with a Leprechaun on Loan as a Goalkeeper. It does not make any sense to have a loanee that no top team wants from a Championship club for a very vital position. While other clubs have Ederson, Allison, Neuer etc, we have a damn midget. We cannot afford to cheap out on a goalkeeper. Not to mention, he has a very unlikable punchable face.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In these kind of situations find it better to look at how they respond. Players still trusted him with the ball and continued to claim crosses.

Sure grill him for the mistake, but you’re fooling yourself if you think other keepers are immune to these errors.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Strange keeper. Seems his whole game is based on anticipating. Like for the disallowed VDV goal and the Romero goal he dives the wrong way for both, isn't that odd?

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom