• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A huge reason why we can pay 100m for Rice is that we’ve developed 4 world class/borderline world class players for 60 odd million (Saka/Martinelli/Ødegaard/Saliba).
Yes we likely got lucky we saved so much on these guys they developed all to elite ballers

say yes

forum master baiter
Nah it's a lot, there's no down playing it if it was just a 50 mil equivalent it would have been wrapped up.

The things is there is definitely equal or better somewhere in world football and they will come to the league for a fraction of this price. Then people on here will be wondering how on earth Arsenal didn't know about them except they probably did but were too shook and don't trust their global scouts to pull the trigger.

It's a heavily inflated fee for what he's realistically gonna do.
Yeah it’s a huge sum. It just seems that £80-100m is the going rate for an established player these days. I’m not surprised that West Ham are demanding that fee, or that multiple clubs are offering it.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
It's just occurred to be I've been refreshing threads like this since Jose Antonio Reyes was coming in. I've been putting myself through this **** on AM for too long.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yeah it’s a huge sum. It just seems that £80-100m is the going rate for an established player these days. I’m not surprised that West Ham are demanding that fee, or that multiple clubs are offering it.

Think Fulham quoted 70m for their midfielder when West Ham enquired (I don't even know him very well)

I'm not singling out Rice anyways, it's bigger than him the price quoted for all of the known midfielders is kinda crazy. Attacking players I don't think I'd scrutinize as much.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Bollocks source, but yeah his people should really have a word with West Ham.

I think their biggest issue is the installments rather than the fee itself, 2 or 3 payments with a large 50-60 mil initial payment probably gets it done.

say yes

forum master baiter
3 different outlets saying we are in advanced talks in the last 1 hour.

Looks promising surely.
Seems pretty clear that our £105m bid is going to be accepted (with some minor thinking).

The question is whether Man City match it. I’m confident they will. Normally a club briefs pretty quickly if they’re dropping out of the bidding because the price has gone too high to prevent a loss of face (e.g. us with Mudryk). Radio silence from Man City, who have the deepest pockets in world football, isn’t positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom