• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Do you watch and enjoy international football

Do you find enjoyment in international football?

• Yes I try to watch most competition and most games. Even Friendlies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Might watch it if its on the screen at the bar or turns on the TV

• Dont watch it and hate it so much, want it gone!

• Other see comment

• Total voters

Many posters here you can see some of their enjoyment in the game as dwindled in recent years. Even for Arsenal. There can be many reasons, we get old, we have other things going on, we already wasted a lot in being football fans and are bit washed up or even in burn out. Supporting Arsenal in their quest for the big trophies has been very hard in last decade and the game has changed a lot and has somehow lost some flair and its magic, Smaller team have top athetlets and technology and videos have make every team able to be drilled against the best teams making the game less open, fewer goals, etc.

On top of that they are increasing international football a lot, last winter we had three international pauses, you just feel the league has never really gotten going. The players at top level barely get breaks or holidays.

I have never ever liked international football. Maybe because I support a **** nation that will never win it so it's easy for me to say. I would like to see it all go away. At best keep the World Cup. But I do think there should be some decrease in the international. The club football is a lot more entertaining but like I said with all the pauses it has never felt going.

What is your opinion?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think the major tournaments are always fun no matter what, tbh.

Take the last World Cup, not a lot of overall quality compared to previous tournaments (though the final itself was elite to be fair) I have watched...but still a lot of drama and excitement, plus the Superbru so very enjoyable.

Qualifiers and friendlies are kinda meh though, always thought that.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Only the major tournaments, for me that means World Cup and Euro's. Used to be that I'd follow every game of the Netherlands, now not so much anymore. In the past I loved the players we had, Davids, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Overmars, Kluivert, Stam, De Boer, Vd Sar, Cocu, Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Van Nistelrooy, Kluivert..

Now it just doesn't bother me as much, and I'm not sure why. I can still watch clips of Brazil with Ronaldo, France with Zidane, Argentina with Batistuta and properly enjoy it, but todays international football seems different. It's a drag, with too many friendlies, the Nations League, even more countries participating at major tournaments..

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom