• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2008-2009

Sover

Mike Dean is pretty well establishing himself as one of the worst referees in the business. How do these incompetent people maintain their positions in the game. And he also gets to look more and more like Jasper Carrott in every game, except JC would do a better job.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Dean sends off Mike Ward for a second 'deliberate' hand-ball. Quite a bizarre decision from Dean. Crap I would say actually, even though it qualifies as letter of the law stuff.

Lupoli coming on for S. Utd.

Sover

fabo said:
Cracking game this play-off final. Paterson is full of running all the time.

Can I come and watch the game at your house cos the one I'm watching here is a hit and hope, long ball piece of crap between 2 teams of cloggers.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Sover said:
fabo said:
Cracking game this play-off final. Paterson is full of running all the time.

Can I come and watch the game at your house cause the one I'm watching here is a hit and hope, long ball piece of crap between 2 teams of cloggers.

Granted I only turned it on 15 minutes ago, seems fairly end-to-end to me.

Sover

It has opened up a bit but the standard of football has been extremely poor and how Burnley delude themselves that they play a passing game is beyond me, they've been kicking everything that moves since the first whistle.

Scunthorpe played better stuff yesterday than either of these teams.

Sover

A few more injuries for us to look forward to next season. These guys make Stoke look like Barcelona. :(

A special mention for Mr Dean, you got the result you wanted.

True Gooner

Established Member
Sover said:
A few more injuries for us to look forward to next season. These guys make Stoke look like Barcelona. :(

Burnley? Seriously?

Along with Swansea and Reading, Burnley are one of the best footballing sides in the championship.

Look at the way they outplayed some Premier league sides in the Carling Cup.

The myth that Championship clubs only play hoof ball is annoying.

tam1886

Established Member
They are a great counter-attacking team too. They can mix it a bit. I think the best thing about them is their spirit and togetherness though. Amazing achievement considering the budget and constraints on the club.

Sover

True Gooner said:
Sover said:

Burnley? Seriously?

Have you actually watched them play this season? Along with Swansea and Reading, Burnley are one of the best footballing sides in the country.

I have yes, I've seen their TV games and when they came to the Liberty - they kicked the Swans from start to finish. They're a dirty side, as bad if not worse the Sheffield Utd.

True Gooner

Established Member
I'm sure they're capable of giving out a good kicking - Championship side's that try to out play Premier league sides are asking for trouble, however they're a much, much better footballing outfit than Stoke, Bolton, Hull etc.

tam1886

Established Member
Wee Chesney has just resigned as Celtic boss :(

I'm sure he'll be in the running for the Sunderland job, and maybe one or two others over the summer if things don't work out for some clubs.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]
Top Bottom