• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw_member

Established Member
So Abramovich has just wrote himself a major loss? This should set a precedent for any future owners, that even an adequate amount of success won't guarantee the profits that they desire.

phenn

You think Roman owns Chelsea Football Club for profit? Come on.

Now, what's going on at LFC on the other hand...

dbig

outlaw_member said:
So Abramovich has just wrote himself a major loss? This should set a precedent for any future owners, that even an adequate amount of success won't guarantee the profits that they desire.

As long as these owners get their money with little effort, they'll think little about splashing it about.

Floating

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrrjOd95xv8&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrrjOd95 ... r_embedded</a>

:lol:

banduan

Established Member
What's happening to Pompey is a good example of why the rich benefactor model is flawed. You really don't want to internalise completely external risks. You don't want your club to go into administration because the Bank of Timbuktu bought derivatives manufactured by a bank in Gibraltar out of housing loans given to less-than-qualified homeowners on a secluded Japanese island.

patrick42uk

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/02/Arsène-wenger-carlo-ancelotti-debt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... lotti-debt</a>

Arsène just cant let it go. Ever since Abrahmovic came, he has these little digs at chelsea which i'm sure dont go unnoticed. I feel it contributes to our recent record against them.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
^The old Arsène filter; it's not a long article, so here it is:
Arsène Wenger made a thinly veiled reference yesterday to Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti, who earlier this week had sarcastically called the Arsenal manager a "magician" when he predicted Chelsea would fall away in the new year and the Italian would be sacked.

Wenger said Christmas was a "time for magicians" in reference to Chelsea's debt having been written off by Roman Abramovich – some £340m since the Russian oligarch took over at Stamford Bridge.

"Professional football is about winning and balancing the budget," said Wenger. "That's the basic rule, one I fought for. All the rest is half-cheating. I don't know what happened [at Portsmouth] but for every club it has to be the same: for Chelsea, for everybody. I've always pleaded for financial fair play."

dbig

Isn't that just a rehash of his quotes from a few days ago? I don't think he's actually said anything new about Chelsea, just the papers reprinting his predictions over and over again.

A search on google show's the balancing the budget quote was said on 30th December, and Ancelotti's "magician" quote was made on the 28th.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Whats the feeling on Carlos Tevez now? He's a guy that IMO has everything you need in a striker; movement, link play, pace, dribbling ability, vision, poacher's instinct and work rate. Only doubt was goals but now he's in terrific form. Where does he rank amongst the premiership's strikers?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I've always thought Tevez was a good player even without the goals. A little pricey in the past, but a good player.

The weather seems to be playing havoc with the FA Cup - Sunderland and Middlesbrough games set to be called off it's still snowing at 14:30.

All of the early games have already been called off.

ricky1985

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/02/Arsène-wenger-carlo-ancelotti-debt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arsène just cant let it go. Ever since Abrahmovic came, he has these little digs at chelsea which i'm sure dont go unnoticed. I feel it contributes to our recent record against them.
He has every right to draw attention to it. It's an utter disgrace! The fact that Chelsea have released press publications expressing their delight at now being "virtually debt free" makes it even worse. I don't know why Arsène uses the word "half" before the word "cheating"? It's cheating in every sense of the word.
When football has created rules to deal with this "Sugar Daddy" culture, everyone will look back and wonder how it was ever allowed in the first place. It must sicken Arsène, it should every football fan who really cares about the game.

Biggus

Established Member
Boo Hoo.....Lifes unfair Ricky, I can't wait until we're bought out by someone who can afford to properly finance a top club and will demand that the manager achieves success other than the "prize" of CL qualification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom