• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fabio Vieira: The Portuguese Project

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He was more than half the transfer cost of Pepe but has produced far less than half the output and has played far fewer games where he has had a major impact on the game.

But when you are a record signing like Pepe, these proportions seem to count for little.
I've been very critical of Pepe, but I have to agree with this. Pepe didn't fit tactically the direction we changed to, and lacked the security on the ball to step up to CL level football, but at least contributed to us winning an FA Cup and gave us a number of good moments. FV can't get a look in, so hasn't really contributed.

The question I suppose is whether he would have had a bigger impact if he'd joined at the same time, when minutes were rather easier to come by. Ultimately its academic. We bought a kid with obvious talents who was always a risk in terms of league adaptation. It hasn't worked so we need to move on.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fabio Vieira will get 10 mins in the game that will totally end our league hopes. I’m a moment of panic Arteta will throw him in and somehow we will all wonder how has a guy who hasn’t played for so long ended up on the pitch

Bloodbather

Established Member

If you think he's too lightweight in the tackle to play LCM, play him RW like Porto did at times. Not playing him at all is nonsense. One of our best final ball players yet he is not getting any minutes even when Saka, Martinelli et al aren't doing anything and we're desperate for a spark.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I want to see him there for a run of games from now until the end of the season. I mean, there is no reason to not try it now.

When you watch substitute performances like this, you wonder how he hasn’t been used more.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I want to see him there for a run of games from now until the end of the season. I mean, there is no reason to not try it now.

When you watch substitute performances like this, you wonder how he hasn’t been used more.

Lol. The only impressive thing in that clip is the assist. The rest is stuff any kind of farmer can do. I really cant understand why people hype this pathetic loser suddenly. No standards at this club anymore.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

He was injured against the Spuds if I remember correctly and then buried for some reason having made 2-3 really good appearances in a row.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Lol. The only impressive thing in that clip is the assist. The rest is stuff any kind of farmer can do. I really cant understand why people hype this pathetic loser suddenly. No standards at this club anymore.
That's an assist most of our players will never try. Farmer squad

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He was injured against the Spuds if I remember correctly and then buried for some reason having made 2-3 really good appearances in a row.

Yeah, as you know, i was never keen on the signing, just didn't see him being a fit for this league, not without transitioning in another league first. But, he's showed in glimpses that there is a player there, and a player in a position we need. Its so odd that Arteta talks about his understanding with Martinelli, yet we have barely seen them play together on that side.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yeah, as you know, i was never keen on the signing, just didn't see him being a fit for this league, not without transitioning in another league first. But, he's showed in glimpses that there is a player there, and a player in a position we need. Its so odd that Arteta talks about his understanding with Martinelli, yet we have barely seen them play together on that side.
Martinelli understands that Vieira is ****?

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Martinelli understands that Vieira is ****?

Very rare occurrence of both playing on the same flank (Vieira LCM) and Nelli (LW). Rather play Vieira LCM than seeing Rice/Jorginho/Havertz in that position till the rest of the season and hit teams on the counter and make our team less right sided bias in which opposition manager can easily stifle.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Jorge Mendes asked Arteta and Edu for a favor and as a result of that we signed this loser who wasnt good enough for Porto. Teta never saw this guy play before he was signed and neither did Edu. It was an agent signing, nothing else. Edu and Teta should be criticised for this.
Source?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Say what you want about his lack of physicality and stuff like that but surely when you're chasing games as we've done in the past couple of games, you'd want someone with his skillset. It'd have made more sense than essentially trying to cram in as many forwards as possible as we did vs Bayern.

Also playing him might ease the creative burden on Ødegaard a wee bit.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Say what you want about his lack of physicality and stuff like that but surely when you're chasing games as we've done in the past couple of games, you'd want someone with his skillset. It'd have made more sense than essentially trying to cram in as many forwards as possible as we did vs Bayern.

Also playing him might ease the creative burden on Ødegaard a wee bit.

Do you think he plays too quick and forward for Artetas liking? Trying to figure out why he's barely using him.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
This guy isn't even fit enough to sell popcorn in the stands. He'd crumple over with the weight of it all.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Do you think he plays too quick and forward for Artetas liking? Trying to figure out why he's barely using him.

Dunno he seems to use certain players for a while and he persisted with Vieira a lot and then sometimes just freezes them out. Similar to Eddie who he played so much even when he wasn't performing then all of a sudden doesn't trust him at all. Think it's a different case here as we've got more options at CF than in midfield especially when it comes to creative midfielders.

For Vieira specifically probably just sees him as too erratic and doesn't do enough of the things he likes off the ball justify persisting with him because of what he could potentially do off the ball. The reason he persisted with someone like Havertz is because of his off the ball stuff and duel winning ability which Arteta values really highly above all else. I think in general Arteta doesn't want to change the dynamics of the team too much. Currently the model is set with Rice-Jorginho and Ødegaard more advanced with Saka right, Havertz usually CF and Lw currently a toss up between Martinelli, Jesus and Trossard. Then he's got the immediate backup option of Rice lone 6 with Zinchenko coming back into the side at LB so he can invert and then Havertz back into midfield at left 8. Vieira doesn't really fit into these two setups unless it's a straight swap for Ødegaard and there's a serious drop off with so many things.

In the first setup to play left 8 he'd have to replace Rice's role and obvious there's a huge difference there and it's just not viable in Arteta's eyes. The 2nd setup he'd replace Havertz but Havertz has this weird specific role which Vieira wouldn't fill like for like anyways.

This is a long winded way of basically saying there's no specific place for Vieira and Arteta doesn't like changing the dynamics of his setups too much which would come with playing Vieira. Last season although Xhaka offered different things it was more of a straight swap.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom