• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fábio

KoLo28

Wont be happy if we buy someone to replace Lehmann, becuase he's such an asset to our team. Won't mind if he's used for back up and perhaps our new number 1 when Lehmann retires.

malagar said:
Frey is a french keeper playing in Italy - the worst combination I could Imagine for Premier league.

Lehmann is fine and if we need a new keeper we should look Germain again - guys like Hildebrand and Weise are great.
From France Michael Landreau is the best option .

I guess u are saying french keepers in italy wont be a success in the premier league?
or are u saying french players in italy wont be?

u only need to take a look at henry to see that this isnt the case....

PolishGooner

Never believe Wenger :p He always says one thing and does another. Remember Reyes? "We wont buy anyone during winter brake" and we bought Reyes.

Wenger`s philosophy is: If you talk that you want some player, his price will be bigger that`s why he can`t say we want a goalie

Can you imagine him saying: Lehmann won`t no 1, we want a new goalkeeper? Impossible

jeromelee

PolishGooner said:
Never believe Wenger :p He always says one thing and does another. Remember Reyes? "We wont buy anyone during winter brake" and we bought Reyes.

Wenger`s philosophy is: If you talk that you want some player, his price will be bigger that`s why he can`t say we want a goalie

Can you imagine him saying: Lehmann won`t no 1, we want a new goalkeeper? Impossible

Ah but he left some clues there right. Something about "only Jesus knows" quoting Reyes brother or agent or something like that :D But from his statement on Lehmann, there really was nothing left to the imagination at all.

He just came out and said...no way am I replacing Lehmann. He let in the least goals and will be my number one choice next season. Enough said... :D

GlasgowGooner

I asked about Fabio on a Brazillian football forum, the general view is that he is a pretty good goalkeeper who is better than Marcos, he plays for a very poor Vasco side but he has been saving them alot or either keeping a respectable scoreline.

malagar

Looey Henry said:
malagar said:
Frey is a french keeper playing in Italy - the worst combination I could Imagine for Premier league.

Lehmann is fine and if we need a new keeper we should look Germain again - guys like Hildebrand and Weise are great.
From France Michael Landreau is the best option .

I guess u are saying french keepers in italy wont be a success in the premier league?
or are u saying french players in italy wont be?

u only need to take a look at henry to see that this isnt the case....

No I dont mean nothing bad about french players - but most french keepers and Italian keepers wouldnt do in premier . And Frey is french keeper playing in Italy - really a nightmare.

asajoseph

Established Member
Look at the troubles we had with signing a goalkeeper during the last close season? Every keeper and his cat was scouted, linked with, and approached by Arsenal. When we got Lehmann, it seemed like almost a last resort.

Therefore, Arsène saying that he intends to have Jens as his no. 1 next season, is not necessarily as simple as what it reads on the surface. Yes, he might be being straight up, and mean exactly what he says, but if you ask me, he's covering for his mistakes last summer. Imagine if we started tapping up other goalkeepers openly, and Arsène had stated that he'd be looking for a replacement for Jens. Now imagine what would happen if we have more problems finding one, and ultimately have to stick with Jens next season as well. He'd either have his confidence destroyed, or absolutely hate the club. So, we prepare for the option of having Jens in goal next season, whilst keeping our eyes skinned for any possible replacements, and do our dealings on the quiet, in typical Arsenal fashion. That way, if Jens stays, he stays happy, but if a great replacement comes up, we sign him without treading on too many toes.

Sigun

good point.....maybe Wenger has also warned Jens about hes future though, telling the media that he is No1.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Sammer said:
if we are going to replace Lehmann - my choices would still be Coupet or Hildebrandt.

(Please not Frey, the guy is a clown, Bartez-esque)

Hildebrandt would without doubt be my first choice, followed by Toldo. I agree with you about Frey- He's overrated.

asajoseph

Established Member
Hildebrandt was superb this year, at the start of the season especially. Stuttgart faded badly towards the end of the year though, and, despite the talent of some of their players, I believe that they've been a flash in the pan this season. I think they'll struggle to keep hold of their best players, especially with Bayern having plenty of cash to spend, and their good performance in Europe, and next season will struggle to get very far.

asajoseph

Established Member
So, yes, I think we could get him, either over this close season, or perhaps during next Christmas' transfer window.

arsenal4life

I asked about him
and this what a brazilian friend told me

"Technically he's a talented young keeper, and also a very focused professional. I do believe he may adapt to the premiership quite well. "

birth date: 9/30/1980
birth Nation: Brazil
Height: 188
Weight: 85

maybe he'll be good signing
he'll be very cheap
not like Hildebrand or Frey

santosxvasco.jpg

Sammer

Established Member
arsenal4life said:
"Technically he's a talented young keeper, and also a very focused professional. I do believe he may adapt to the premiership quite well. "

Come on guys, let´s get real.

Wenger is NEVER going to replace Jens Lehmann with a youngster like him - what a joke.

Maybe he is bringing him in as our 4th keeper, but that´s about it.

You can only replace Lehmann with a top classe, international experienced keeper (which will most likely not happen before 1-2 years).

But this guy, if he is talented or not doesn´t matter, will only be a 3rd or 4th choice if he is coming to Arsenal (which I doubt).

Ridge

really never heard that Wenger is going to sign a new keeper.jens will still be no. 1 for us next season. :cry:

Sammer

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Sammer said:
Wenger is NEVER going to replace Jens Lehmann with a youngster like him

Sammer, what do you think Hildebrandt's value is? Is he definitely on his way to Bayern Munich?

I am not sure, with keepers its hard to tell - but definately affordable for the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and ManU :wink:

I am really sure that this is the time to sign Hildebrandt, because in a few years he will be unaffordable and most likely be stuck at Bayern if no other international club goes for him.

I am very sure that he is not on his way to Bayern as long as Oliver Kahn is Bayerns keeper which he will be for another 1-2 years.

So therefore, Hildebrandt should be perfect for any big european club looking for a keeper: he is still affordable, while having minimum risk of bringing him in (he has already proven that he can handle CL pressure well).

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom