• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA Officials Arrested On Corruption Charges

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
FBI can't solve the violent crimes committed against the poor civilians by their own corrupt leaders, and yet here they're saving the world's most beloved sports game from few harmless old geezers. Looking forward to the Hollywood movie based on this wild goose chase starring Danny Devito as Blatter and Al Pacino as Platini.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

FIFAs newest president's name has come up in the Panama papers leak.

Turns out he signed off on a deal selling the CL rights to 2 businessmen who've been done for bribery.

UEFA sold the rights to their offshore island company for $111,000 before they were then immediately re-sold to Ecuadorian TV for $311,170.

The businessmen are fighting extradition to the USA from Argentina for bribing referees and South American football officials over several years.

carlito'sway

Established Member
FIFA officials, including Sepp Blatter, allegedly paid themselves $80m bonuses over 5 years. Corrupt to the core.....:mad:

CkBzUkvWEAAwdKB.jpg:large

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Guaranteed and annual bonuses. :lol:

So just because you haven't ****ing died, you get a bonus.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The strangest part....2018 WC Bonus....They guys are paid bonuses on a WC that 3 years away! Holy smoke....They know how to make $$.

US_Gooner

Established Member
I really like the The Guardian's lead:

"The spectacular scale of greed at the top of Fifa was revealed on Friday when lawyers said that three high-ranking former officials – Sepp Blatter, Jérôme Valcke and Markus Kattner – had secretly given themselves pay rises and massive World Cup bonuses totalling 79m Swiss francs (£55m)."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ed-themselves-55m-in-bonuses-say-fifa-lawyers

FIFA lawyers are claiming these bonuses were illegal under Swiss law, but I would think it would be trivial for FIFA to win a breach of fiduciary duty award against these three [that got caught].

However, as one would expect with FIFA, there is a backstory to this that suggest ulterior motives of FIFA and their lawyers.

As things stand right now, the US Justice Dept. classifies FIFA as a "victim" rather than a criminal enterprise. So FIFA finding further wrongdoing by their former leadership furthers the narrative of "victim". Pretty much self-serving.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Don't know where to put this. Snake Bladder has spoken....

"The [2014 World Cup] draw was clean until the last detail," the 80-year-old said in an interview with Argentine publication La Nacion.

"I never touched the balls, which was something that others had to do. Of course, it can be signalled, by heating or cooling them.

"It's technically possible. It did not happen in FIFA, but I witnessed draws at a European level in which it happened - but never in FIFA.

"It could have happened, but in my case it never did, ever.

"If you put the balls in the refrigerator before, a simple comparison between one and the other by touching them determines the cold and hot balls. By touching them you already know what it is."

Not only WC draws but I was always 100% confident there is rigging in the CL draws including ref fixing. Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona are too powerful to be taken as serious football clubs with too much political influence behind them. Nobody will ever say a word against it, though.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Not only WC draws but I was always 100% confident there is rigging in the CL draws including ref fixing. Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona are too powerful to be taken as serious football clubs with too much political influence behind them. Nobody will ever say a word against it, though.

... and even more money flushed in

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Seriously, these three need to put straight but won't. I actually like Bayern's model in terms of how the club is run but they deserve to be Kane'd alongside Real Madrid and the Barcunts.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom