• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"football at its best"

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
been watching the 501 arsenal goals dvd and malcolm macdonald was talking about the game against newcastle when he hit a hattrick. he had only left newcastle for arsenal 4 months earlier and was worshiped by the toon. he commented that after the game, he waved to both sections of fans and got the same response. he described that as "football at its best". that got me thinking. i remembered that thierry henry got the same response last season when he destroyed portsmouth. they actually applauded him because his performance was incredible. i think there were sections of the inter milan fans that cheered henry during that dazzling display in milan. i was thinking is there any star in the premiership that i could applaud after they whipped arsenal? i;ve thought and thought and still cant come up with any names. i know it depends heavily on the general quality of the performance from the player so i narrowed my thoughts down to players who are capable of dazzling. the thought of cheering fat frank or ronaldo or that **** rooney makes me want to slap myself. so tell me what you think. is there anyone you could applaud on the strength of a stellar performance against arsenal??

Muppy

I rememeber lasts season Arsenal vs Fulham. If i'm not wrong it ended 0-0, and Van Der Sar was the MOTM, what a game he had, saving every shot which came his way.

whoztheman

i dont expect any player to play a dazzling game against a team like arsenal. we are a tough team. it will be really hard for anyone, no matter how great to single handedly beat us. i personally cant remember any dazzling performance except what muppy said. that was really amazing performance.

Mark

Established Member
I can't imagine it personally. I love Arsenal too much to be able to applaud any opposing player for destroying us.

famous no 10

Established Member
i think "supermac" may be thinking back to that game with a touch of imagination...I seem to remeber the Geordies booing the hell out of him!

The North bank loved him though, what a goal scorer, greedy as f**k!

thegame24

Established Member
ronaldinho and maradona and of course if they left henry and bergkamp

cause they are football at its best

i wouldnt cheer them i would applaud them though unless they dive and cheat

Sandip aka Del Piero

Probably Andy van der Meyde when Inter beat us at home last season. If I remember correctly he was bombing down both wings and even scored a cracker against us. His best game in an Inter shirt and most likely ever in his career.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom