• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Franck Ribéry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Re: Ribery

It was merely a nice distraction for a lovely Sunday in June, when we were inked to both Ribery and Benzema on the same day.

Nobody on this board thought there was anything in the rumours.

Now it's gone. Simple.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

ultradoc said:
truth_hurts said:
sabret00the said:
While i think Ribery would be awesome! paying €40m is not. I'd rather just pay £7m for Hleb.
I'd pay £7 out of my own pocket to watch Hleb get run over. c**t, never wish to se him in an Arsenal shirt again. Gained great delight in watching Henry lift the champions league whilst Hleb didn't even manage a place on the bench.

Just grow up
go eat a bag of dicks! are you Hleb?

progman07

Established Member

We are over Hleb. He doesn't get good enough ice creams here, and London is too noisy.

Hleb is a very limited footballer, definitely doesn't worth swallowing our pride to re-buy him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

qs said:
Hleb isn't fit to clean Riberys boots.
Really don't understand the fond loving memories of Hleb, YES he was technically very nice to watch but he was brought as a matchwinner and didn't win us enough games. We didn't win a trophy in his 3 years here yet (some) people yearn for this all style and no substance guy back. Players like Ribery bring instant results and he is worth 40 million Hleb is a sub £10 million player.

Asterix

Established Member

This thread really has no point - people are just bickering.

If there is a new substantial link then please feel free to PM a Mod and we'll open it again.

"go eat a bag of dicks" - I haven't heard that one before.

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
Ribery

Reports from Germany say Arsenal are lining up a swap deal that would bring Franck Ribery to the Emirates and Andrei Arshavin to Munich 44 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Jamie Dalton's twitter.

Don't like Ribery tbh, think hes massively over-rated.

mo50

Established Member

OOh, would be an interesting swap. Ribery seems to have lost the hunger, maybe a change in scenario would reignite him.

mo50

Established Member

If this is a swap deal not involving money (which I doubt) than I see no reason why Hazard cannot be signed.

Lets be honest, Hazard is a pipe dream. He'll be tearing down the flanks at Madrid/City.

Bourne

Established Member

Saw this yesterday. Sounds like BS to me. Bayern would probably ask for Arshavin plus Bendtner anyway.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member

This just pisses me off big time. We should have signed him in 2007 when he wanted to come here but as usual we didn't pay up. Now he's past it and injury prone. That being said, I'd still take him as he's fantastic when he is fit, but unfortunately its not been enough in the least 2 seasons. He's a far better player than either Nasri or Arshavin, but I don't see this one coming off. He doesn't get on with Nasri at all and if Nasri stays Wenger will say no to Ribery.

Bourne

Established Member

He doesn't get on with Nasri?...I thought they were pretty close, coming from their days at Marseille together?

NasrisShoelace

Established Member

Nah, they hate each other. The president of the club at that time used to talk about it.

I had more extensive quotes but I can't find them. Here's this though:
<a class="postlink" href="http://marseille.theoffside.com/french-ligue-1/pape-diouf-they-hate-each-other-its-hardly-news.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://marseille.theoffside.com/french- ... -news.html</a>

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Who really knows who Nasri gets on with? Most of it is paper talk.

Except Gallas...

Bourne

Established Member

DaG said:
Nah, they hate each other. The president of the club at that time used to talk about it.

I had more extensive quotes but I can't find them. Here's this though:
<a class="postlink" href="http://marseille.theoffside.com/french-ligue-1/pape-diouf-they-hate-each-other-its-hardly-news.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://marseille.theoffside.com/french- ... -news.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, I just saw that. I find it a bit odd, seeing as though their 'apparent' hatred towards each other stemmed from their Marseille days. However, Ribery was one of the first internal sources to confirm Nasri signing for us. Saying that Nasri had spoken to him about his future and told him he would sign for us. That's not really the sort of discussions one would have with another if they couldn't stand them I'd of thought.

Ah well, it's never going to happen anyway. Though I agree we should have pushed the boat out to sign him back in 2007. I really thought we were going to too.

viper_001

Established Member

The best years of his career are well behind him. We should have signed him 5 years ago, and now he still has his ridiculous hype on top of being past-it. I'd rather we bring in Hazard if Ryo doesn't get his work permit.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Coming to that crazy time of the year where I think you have to take most links with a massive pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom