• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What was the problem today? Easy game without Ramsdale's brain fart but you are making it to be a problem just so you can write something in this thread for a player that we didn't miss one bit today
This was the most difficult game we had in weeks, surely you could see that? And theres absolutely no way you can ignore Trossard huffing and puffing to get onto long passes Matrinelli would have reached with ease.

Stop messin :cool:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Look at the Sheffield game. They were parked in their box the entire game and Martinelli definitely made a mark. The teams we need to focus on beating will not play that way anyway. Personally, I don't want two Saka's in my side - you need to pose different type of threat surely.
Right, so you wanna compare a League 1 side to what we had today and against Porto? Fine, you win

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What was the problem today? Easy game without Ramsdale's brain fart but you are making it to be a problem just so you can write something in this thread for a player that we didn't miss one bit today

The problem is that Trossard and Saka are too similar in profile out side, Trossard likes to have ball to feet, same as Saka where as Martinelli runs in behind and is good on the dribble when put in space. We lose a bit of balance .

The throw from Ramsdale to Trossard would have 💯 been a 1 v 1 vs keeper it were Martinelli, we could have had the game wrapped at HT potentially.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The problem is that Trossard and Saka are too similar in profile out side, Trossard likes to have ball to feet, same as Saka where as Martinelli runs in behind and is good on the dribble when put in space. We lose a bit of balance .

The throw from Ramsdale to Trossard would have 💯 been a 1 v 1 vs keeper it were Martinelli, we could have had the game wrapped at HT potentially.
I'm not saying Trossard is a solution, but neither is Martinelli who brings pace but lacks in other areas, especially against organized defenses. We need to get through this season somehow and improve in the summer.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Jesus there this season, but I don't think it will work.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He had a cut foot. I don't think he was at risk of catching sepsis or tearing a ligament not having 2 men carry him off :lol:

2 minutes after he'd come off we had a throw in and you could see him moving about unaided anyway.

He's one of my favourite players but I don't think it's over the top to say he's a bit of a drama queen when it comes to his reactions to getting fouled generally.
Can you imagine this drama queen, still faking an injury and not wanting to play? 🤷‍♂️

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can you imagine this drama queen, still faking an injury and not wanting to play? 🤷‍♂️

Just face it mate, games gone soft.

I remember hearing about a keeper who played on with a broken neck in the 70s, I reckon players in the 30s would have still bagged a goal even if they had died the previous day...REAL MEN in dem days!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Just face it mate, games gone soft.

I remember hearing about a keeper who played on with a broken neck in the 70s, I reckon players in the 30s would have still bagged a goal even if they had died the previous day...REAL MEN in dem days!

Bert Trautmann played on in a FA Cup final in the 50's with a broken neck.

Made of different stuff back then!

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
That is a bad season for him, two injuries and missed part of the preseason too plus Havertz in the LCM. Never got the rythm.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom