• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

As a team gets better some players will get left behind. This is natural and happens all the time. A young player with really promising season just like Ferran Torres has for city 20-21 season. But as time went on you could see he is a good player. But not good enough for them. But at Arsenal last seas bought him 3 seasons

Gooner_girl14

Yeah idk. It's on him to figure out a way to contribute or he won't have a future here.
He's in poor form and overall has had a disappointing season, but we've recently renewed his contract so I think he's firmly in Arteta's plans. He's only 22 and cost next to nothing, I wouldn't be so quick to give up on him as any replacement we get won't be cheap.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's in poor form and overall has had a disappointing season, but we've recently renewed his contract so I think he's firmly in Arteta's plans. He's only 22 and cost next to nothing, I wouldn't be so quick to give up on him as any replacement we get won't be cheap.
I haven't said we should give up on him but we also cannot wait forever for him to sort himself out. He has to expedite the process because we have different expectations and goals now.

Gooner_girl14

I haven't said we should give up on him but we also cannot wait forever for him to sort himself out. He has to expedite the process because we have different expectations and goals now.
Aye, hope he can contribute in the last 3 games of the season. IMO we have a proper squad now where Arteta can use 14-15 players without having a (big) drop in quality. This is what happens when we have more options - healthy competition for spots. I love that Martinelli can't just stroll back into the team when he's not in form. Yes he'll need to sort himself out and he'll get his chances, but some of the talk in here about selling him or questioning his future is just bizarre IMO.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Cast your mind back to last year. There was a thread discussing which three of our starting eleven would you upgrade on. Xhaka, Ramsdale and Jesus were the most common picks, but a sizeable portion of the forum felt Nelli was also upgradeable. I thought those people were mad but it appears they were on to something.

It's no longer down to the left-hand side or Nketiah at CF. Martinelli has been poor for a while. I think he could be a surprise sale in the summer because I think a wide creator would suit us more than Nelli. Imagine someone like Kvaradonna or Eze on our left wing and this team goes up a level.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He should have scored with his chance. He has a very basic game and needs to use his head a bit more. I hope he's on fire for the last three games.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Obviously he's in atrocious form and shot of confidence but more importantly he runs on pure instinct. Not every manager can harness that instinct, even last season when he was doing well he was playing in the wrong position with instructions that were counterintuitive to him, wasted his time hugging the byline and tracking back instead of playing as close as possible to goal.

We're looking at Openda who's definitely more refined but he's in essence the same player and he just got 30+ in his first season in Germany. Someone like Wenger or Ancelotti would have Martinelli on the same tally if not more in this piss poor league

Xoxo

We must sell him and buy a goal scoring winger if we are not planning to sign a striker this summer. Martinelli and havertz starting means saka will be our only goal threat

Black Noir

Obviously he's in atrocious form and shot of confidence but more importantly he runs on pure instinct. Not every manager can harness that instinct, even last season when he was doing well he was playing in the wrong position with instructions that were counterintuitive to him, wasted his time hugging the byline and tracking back instead of playing as close as possible to goal.

We're looking at Openda who's definitely more refined but he's in essence the same player and he just got 30+ in his first season in Germany. Someone like Wenger or Ancelotti would have Martinelli on the same tally if not more in this piss poor league
Let’s look at his goals this year. Deflection against city, tap in vs Liverpool, deflection against both Luton , Sheffield. I’m starting to think last season was one off, for him. He is a Werner type player, at least guys like Rashford(poor footballer) have a very good shoot from distance, he got a couple decent goals against Palace off the bench ,starting their run wide into central areas to score. His weakest game is being on the touch line. Why is his weakest game being used instead of its strongest?. I just hope we , don’t sign a player like Mudryk, who is the worst wide player in the league , who is not even Oxlade-Chamberlain level .

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Let’s look at his goals this year. Deflection against city, tap in vs Liverpool, deflection against both Luton , Sheffield. I’m starting to think last season was one off, for him. He is a Werner type player, at least guys like Rashford(poor footballer) have a very good shoot from distance, he got a couple decent goals against Palace off the bench ,starting their run wide into central areas to score. His weakest game is being on the touch line. Why is his weakest game being used instead of its strongest?. I just hope we , don’t sign a player like Mudryk, who is the worst wide player in the league , who is not even Oxlade-Chamberlain level .
This year is an off year for him. Martinelli in his first season under Emery looked like he could become world class, had all sorts of finishes as an 18 year old already.

fute

Good player. His confidence is down. He knows he is in funk and just can't seem to get out of it.

This year we progressed as a team in the 2nd half when the former core group from last year (Eddie, Jesus, Ramsdale, Zinny, Martinelli) were phased out due to injury and/or performance.

He is young. He has pace. But he has to refine his game in order to contribute as we evolve as a football club.

Arteta improved Xhaka. We see Kai doing good things now. Madrid gave up on Ødegaard and look what he is doing. Maybe it isn't over Martinelli here just yet. Hope he can find form because his heart and effort for the club cannot be questioned.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
This year is an off year for him. Martinelli in his first season under Emery looked like he could become world class, had all sorts of finishes as an 18 year old already.

Somethings not right with him man.

Fk his finishing he’s lost his pace. I was watching some old clips and it’s like we’ve forgotten how rapid the kid was. He used to roast fullbacks with his hands tied behind his back.

That and instinctive finishing were the only things he has and they both look shot so it’s not looking good brev.

Hopefully he just needs a long rest but idk I haven’t heard anything about a niggle for him.

Black Noir

Lets be honset , they only games he played CF and played well was against group stage europa league /league cup teams. He played few times CF in prem and it didn’t work. Not saying he couldn’t play there but I wouldn’t bank on it it limits him a lot. Plus when is the last time Martinelli had a header in the box. Can’t remember. He scored those great headers under Emery when he came into the team. His aerial ability was one of the exciting things about him to be honest .

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Good player. His confidence is down. He knows he is in funk and just can't seem to get out of it.

This year we progressed as a team in the 2nd half when the former core group from last year (Eddie, Jesus, Ramsdale, Zinny, Martinelli) were phased out due to injury and/or performance.

He is young. He has pace. But he has to refine his game in order to contribute as we evolve as a football club.

Arteta improved Xhaka. We see Kai doing good things now. Madrid gave up on Ødegaard and look what he is doing. Maybe it isn't over Martinelli here just yet. Hope he can find form because his heart and effort for the club cannot be questioned.
I agree... to be fair, I want Arteta to give him the love and support like he did for Kai.
Give him a good and fair chance.
The rest, is on Martinelli himself.

We need a strong squad for 4 competitions, so getting another LW has no mean of banishing Marti.
Just proper rotation and support him.

The standard is higher now.
He needs to have Saka's similar output to retain his place and develop his game.
Player with speed is everywhere.
It is not that difficult to have players with speed and skills.
We need player to have those attributes and also intelligence.
Running 100m in a straight line with head down has very low value on Arteta's team.

Maybe another Dubai trip can help him and a few others.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
As a team gets better some players will get left behind. This is natural and happens all the time. A young player with really promising season just like Ferran Torres has for city 20-21 season. But as time went on you could see he is a good player. But not good enough for them. But at Arsenal last seas bought him 3 seasons

Nelli will not be a starter come by Summer 2025, will get the Ramsdale treatment. The worst technical starting LW/LM I've seen in decades

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Somethings not right with him man.

Fk his finishing he’s lost his pace. I was watching some old clips and it’s like we’ve forgotten how rapid the kid was. He used to roast fullbacks with his hands tied behind his back.

That and instinctive finishing were the only things he has and they both look shot so it’s not looking good brev.

Hopefully he just needs a long rest but idk I haven’t heard anything about a niggle for him.
It has been a stop start season for him. Whenever he started getting in the groove he got injured for a bit. He has it in him to get back to his level from last season

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nelli will not be a starter come by Summer 2025, will get the Ramsdale treatment. The worst technical starting LW/LM I've seen in decades
weird that you are giving him another year tbh, I think he is already done here and we are getting a new starter this summer

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Emery is just better at coaching forwards, not sure Arteta would have Watkins scoring the way he has. Auba looked much better with Emery’s tactics than Arteta’s.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It use to be said that a young player was due a bad season.

If it continues though got to question whether we jumped the gun on that contract.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom