• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Yep sorry, the pace hasn't gone. He's still rapid

You reckon? Idk man watch some of his earlier clips and come back to me. He had the pace to knock the ball and run past any defender barring Walker.

In any case I’m on board with selling him if the right offer comes in. It will sting like fk if it’s a prem club he’s lining up in though…

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Vini cooked the crap out of Kimmich tonight and was world class last week at the Allianz whereas Nelli was ineffective vs Kimmich home and away in the Quarter Finals.

Your overall point is ok but saying we should sell a player because he isn’t at the level of the literal best in the world at his position is wild bro. We might as well sell everyone then?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You reckon? Idk man watch some of his earlier clips and come back to me. He had the pace to knock the ball and run past any defender barring Walker.

In any case I’m on board with selling him if the right offer comes in. It will sting like fk if it’s a prem club he’s lining up in though…
I’ve seen him go clean through in the past couple weeks against relatively fast defenders and he’s still had the time/space to get a shot together providing his technique was good enough.

You seem to watch him closer than me though so maybe you’re right.

I don’t think any prem team that can afford his wages would actually sign him. They all have wingers who are better/similar.

StefanB

Used right Martinelli is an extremely effective player, which we saw at times last season. Sadly this hasn't been the case this season. Most of it in my guess is losing Jesus, Xhaka and Zinchenko who complimented his game very well, and struggling to adapt to a new system along with teams adapting to our playstyle and usually allowing us more of the ball and playing with a low block.

Martinelli has had so many defenders on toast, and to think he has lost that ability in just one season is just weird. It has to do with adapting to new players at LB, LCM and CF along with his confidence slowly declining over the season. He also suffered an injury which most likely is still affecting him a bit.

It is a concern though that he might not fit a team that plays with more possession and regulary pushes teams back. Martinelli really shines in a counter attacking team with players looking to find him in behind when the opportunity arrives. Without Zinchenko, Xhaka and Jesus that quickly disappeared.

If we get Bruno and Timber/Zinchenko plays LB next season then Martinelli might come to life again.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah for real though I think you just have to give it another season to see if he can turn it around. At his instinctive best he was electrifying, although that does feel like eons ago.
Yeah, aside from the fundamental issues I have with his game he's a live or die by the system type guy.

Who knows what Mikel has planned for the LW next season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

FBs are letting him go by them because they know he's doing nothing with it, holy **** swear Gervinho got more respect

DuBB

Pathetic fanbase. He's having a bad period, confidence gone and people want him out...

All fanbases have their quirks, but one of my least favourite Arsenal fan quirks is our inevitable pile on of out of form players, or players who aren't currently in what we'd consider the "Best 11". We don't even have this much vitriol for real squad filler - we only really do this with actually good players who aren't having a good time at that moment. We banter our lesser players, but absolutely abuse our better ones if they're not putting in stellar performances.

Many other fanbases overrate their squad players to the heavens (Liverpool fans are very good at this), but we literally do the opposite - once a player is out of form, there isn't simply a lack of sympathy or a call for rest/change, it goes from "he's one of the best" to "get rid; he's never been good and he won't be good again and I can't believe he'd dare do this to us"

To the point where we spend 3 months hyping a player we spent the previous 3 months s******g on, only to s**t on them once he goes through a bumpy patch and the guy he replaced finds form again.

And then the kicker - where fans simultaneously s**t all over squad players to only complain we can't get anything for them.

I've said this before in regards to another subject; love Arsenal, absolutely hate our fans. In particular the ones who are terminally online. We are as bad as other people say we are.

outlawz

Already? After one sketchy season, when he's only 22? Damn bro.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Oof this thread is a harsh read. Not really disagreeing about how poor he's been this season but I think he'll turn things around, not all young players can be Saka or Fabregas.
He has all the tools and an elite mentality, he'll get there eventually imo. Hopefully here.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom