• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Game over for football’s sugar daddies"

brady-hero

is it a democratic thing so like hull would have the same power as arsenal or would we realistically have a 'louder' voice

Juicy

One way this could affect us is that youth and infrastructure investment are not included in the limited injections (ie sugar daddies will be able to spend whatever they want on them) so expect Chelsea and Man City to start being serious players in the market for top young players around the world.

Biggus

Established Member
:lol: And are they going to do anything about the finances of the de facto Catatonia and Spanish government sides?
Platini and UEFA are a bunch of hypocritical incompetents.

lagos

Established Member
that's the 1st thing I thought when i saw this thread, this is bad news for the top teams in the premiership where the collectively negotiate TV rights and split it with the minows.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Biggus said:
:lol: And are they going to do anything about the finances of the de facto Catatonia and Spanish government sides?
Platini and UEFA are a bunch of hypocritical incompetents.
:lol:

Biggus

Established Member
Well as resident devils advocate here I say their brand of football sends me to sleep.

Err I wish to point out that even as Almunia is entitled to a state appointed defence, Devil & partners will not be engaged in that particular case.

kamikaze80

Established Member
if they don't require tv revenues to split between the clubs in the league, then it'll just reinforce franco fc and catalunya fc. la liga is a joke.

it's a good start, but they have to address tv revenues and gov't bailouts, and we also have to consider the unintended consequences, such as chelsea and man city dominating the youth market.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I dont want it to happen.

Its a lot of fun to see new challengers come to the table, its fun to see how they fall apart as well because they swimming in a pool too deep.

Added to this, if a club such as ourselves who dont believe in such do come out on top, the victory will be so much sweeter :)

Meatwad

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious." -- Robert Heinlein

lagos

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2917932/Chelsea-caught-in-7million-bribes-storm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... storm.html</a>

Kain

Established Member
Chelsea one of the richest clubs of the world in bribe allegation shock horror!

Would never of expected this from the paragon club Chelsea FC what with their good deeds and charming club nature, my opinion of them has surely dropped... ohh wait it was already rock bottom, never mind.

Anzac

Established Member
Just been reading the recent talk on this from the recent UEFA get together & it seems that there may have been some mellowing regarding the investment scenarios.

It appears that Suggar Daddy's will still be able to invest stoopid money as they currently do, provided it is made in terms of equity OR as a gift to the club. The main determining factor being that the club is not loaded with debt as a result of a loan.

Was also interested to read on their financial report of the leagues that only 17% of clubs across Europe actually own their grounds (mainly in Britain), and that the EPL is the largest domestic league that has yet to take action re UEFA's club registration policy (some 18 clubs having done so in regards to participation in UEFA club comps).

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom