• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but he's actually not been that bad for England and we haven't really had great options there over the past 4-6 years.
Southgate doing wonders for lowering expectations and shielding the players from the media. But if you look at the players, there's a good side there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
:lol:

The only time you will see @A_G and @Blood on the Tracks share the same sentiment
@Blood on the Tracks attacking me for clapping when the players took a knee:
PAY-Russian-fans-attack-England-fans.jpg

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It has one of the best #6 in football
He is one person. Look at France midfield. Rice alone can’t match Tchoemrni and Camavinga. Southgate had the right idea with two solid midfield as every international team has that. But he been pressured by media to open the midfield up and they will pay for it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

... Benson especially robbed, imho.

Riou

Everyone seems to hate him, but I would have taken Henderson as Rice's backup... think his experience could have been important in a bench role.

But good luck to Rice, Saka and of course head cheerleader Ramsdale 💪

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
--Gordon---Kane---Saka--
----Foden--Bellingham----
------------Rice-------------

That's a pretty sick front 6 - never a better chance for England to win something

Given Bellingham's progression to a more attacking midfielder, I'd probably go:

--Saka---Kane---Foden--
--------Bellingham--------
-------Rice--Mainoo----

Rashford's decline opens up the left wing for some experimentation without unsettling the stars. Swap Foden and Saka during the game to keep opponents guessing etc. Maybe even put Bellingham at LW with Foden dropping into AM and Saka going out right. Plenty of room for interesting movement up front, with one of the best passing CFs in football atm.

I think Gordon is decent but he's miles off both Saka and Foden IMO.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

--Saka---Kane---Foden--
-------Rice--Mainoo----

Rashford's decline opens up the left wing for some experimentation without unsettling the stars. Swap Foden and Saka during the game to keep opponents guessing etc. Maybe even put Bellingham at LW with Foden dropping into AM and Saka going out right. Plenty of room for interesting movement up front, with one of the best passing CFs in football atm.

The problem with Foden is that I don't think he's ever put in a decent shift for England out wide; that's why I've moved him centrally. Rice is good enough at #6 to be a single pivot.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

--Saka---Kane---Foden--
-------Rice--Mainoo----

Saka actually has a track record of performing for his country and his rapport with Kane is already established. He shouldn't be moved out of his position for Foden who has done absolutely nothing in an England shirt.

Riou

Attack should be Saka-Kane-Gordon, tbh.

Foden and Kane don't gel at all in a front three, Harry is too slow and Phil isn't fast enough for them to click together.

Harry likes to drop deep anyway, get as many pacey runners around him as possible.

In an ideal world you play Foden in midfield with Bellingham and Rice sweeping behind....but the ideal world isn't always like a Football Manager save world, think that midfield gets done defensively by the better teams.

Reckon Phil is a sub option for this, despite his talent...which is probably best, means he can spend his time taking photos of the fans calling him sh1t so his mum knows exactly who to assault 👍

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Attack should be Saka-Kane-Gordon, tbh.

Foden and Kane don't gel at all in a front three, Harry is too slow and Phil isn't fast enough for them to click together.

Harry likes to drop deep anyway, get as many pacey runners around him as possible.

In an ideal world you play Foden in midfield with Bellingham and Rice sweeping behind....but the ideal world isn't always like a Football Manager save world, think that midfield gets done defensively by the better teams.

Reckon Phil is a sub option for this, despite his talent...which is probably best, means he can spend his time taking photos of the fans calling him sh1t so his mum knows exactly who to assault 👍
As an Irish guy, it sounds like you're rooting hard for England, given all these tactical thoughts you've shared 🤔

Riou

As an Irish guy, it sounds like you're rooting hard for England, given all these tactical thoughts you've shared 🤔

I don't support a country in football, I support Arsenal players/players I like.

England have Arsenal players in the team this tourney, so it's Three Lions On The Shirt for Riou this summer!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Saka actually has a track record of performing for his country and his rapport with Kane is already established. He shouldn't be moved out of his position for Foden who has done absolutely nothing in an England shirt.

It's why it's so hilarious to see pundits and opposition fans scrambling to get Foden or Palmer in ahead of Saka which is bordering on sacrilegious given Saka's relationship with Kane + his performances for England over the past two years (has there been a better player? maybe Bellingham or Kane but that's it)

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom