• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,158,355

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
That game was arguably his most Jorginho-like display. Not much of the swashbuckling dribbles but some really clever passing and preventative ball-winning. Best I can remember his positioning being. Far cry from the game vs Newcastle where he had Ibrahim behind him but he was absolutely everywhere, contesting every duel possible and dribbling past 4 players every time.
In terms of raw talent, he might be the most talented since Wilshere that I have seen. The way he controls and manipulates the ball reminds me of some of the best dribblers from the academy like Wilshere and Chris Willock, but he also has so much power, those guys didn't have that. Then add the fact that he is very shifty and quick, it's wild. He seems to also be the type to pick up things quickly like Saka used to (great cognitive processing skills). Scary thing is that with his build he can get even more powerful as he grows into his body. Just pray he stays away from injuries.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I dont know if I said it before, but I think it helps Lewis-Skelly massively coming through while Arteta and Jorginho are here. Not saying Lewis-Skelly is bad at what Jorginho and Arteta did as midfielders, but they can help him so much and I hope he is just following Jorginho around trying to suck in as much as he can before he leaves.

All midfielders will have strengths and weaknesses, but Lewis just has so much potential do be a complete midfielder. Like it will be a nightmare to mark him if he reach his potential and become a starter here.
Yeah he has the perfect midfielders to learn from tbh. Rice, Jorginho and Ødegaard pretty much covers everything.
"Suck in as much as he can before he leaves!" 🤨
:lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In terms of raw talent, he might be the most talented since Wilshere that I have seen. The way he controls and manipulates the ball reminds me of some of the best dribblers from the academy like Wilshere and Chris Willock, but he also has so much power, those guys didn't have that. Then add the fact that he is very shifty and quick, it's wild. He seems to also be the type to pick up things quickly like Saka used to (great cognitive processing skills). Scary thing is that with his build he can get even more powerful as he grows into his body. Just pray he stays away from injuries.
Agreed. He's a testament to the best of Hale End. Technical brilliance and intelligence, and has copied the Saka blueprint of using body contact very well. Lewis-Skelly's injuries appear to all be contact injuries more than anything else - haven't seen any soft tissue problems, but he'll usually go into some pretty hefty challenges at least a few times every game.

I'm most impressed by his eye for a pass and he really is starting to nail the execution. His longer passes are improving. We know he can beat players on the dribble easy but to see how good the other assets in his game are becoming, he could be a monster player for us.

Do we put Wilshere above Saka?

Geofranco

Do we put Wilshere above Saka?
In terms of natural ability, I still have Wilshere above Saka. Although Saka is definitely the more intelligent player. I'd say talent is a combo of physical, mental, cognitive and technical attributes. But I also rate technique very high in my rankings. Spatial awareness, balance, body control, touch, weight of pass, ball manipulation, vision, creativity etc Wilshere to me was more creative and technically gifted than Saka. He also had the elite mentality from day one like Saka. Overall Saka is the better athlete and higher IQ baller.

In terms of natural ability, I still have Wilshere above Saka. Although Saka is definitely the more intelligent player. I'd say talent is a combo of physical, mental, cognitive and technical attributes. But I also rate technique very high in my rankings. Spatial awareness, balance, body control, touch, weight of pass, ball manipulation, vision, creativity etc Wilshere to me was more creative and technically gifted than Saka. He also had the elite mentality from day one like Saka. Overall Saka is the better athlete and higher IQ baller.

I can see why people go for Wilshere. I think it's debatable. And it would go back and forth. I think we are left wanting a lot with what Wilshere could have done. I think Saka edge it as I think most people focus to much on technical ability and also people underestimate Saka technical ability a lot.

Geofranco

Agreed. He's a testament to the best of Hale End. Technical brilliance and intelligence, and has copied the Saka blueprint of using body contact very well. Lewis-Skelly's injuries appear to all be contact injuries more than anything else - haven't seen any soft tissue problems, but he'll usually go into some pretty hefty challenges at least a few times every game.

I'm most impressed by his eye for a pass and he really is starting to nail the execution. His longer passes are improving. We know he can beat players on the dribble easy but to see how good the other assets in his game are becoming, he could be a monster player for us.
That's what impresses me most about Nwaneri and Skelly is their dynamic passing ability. Especially between the lines. Nwaneri can execute every type of pass with perfect weight. His technical ability is pretty freaky for a 16 year old. Nothing is better in football than watching a playmaker dictate play on and off the ball deep in midfield, my favorite type of player (DLP), apart from a complete CF like 2011-2013 RVP.

Geofranco

I can see why people go for Wilshere. I think it's debatable. And it would go back and forth. I think we are left wanting a lot with what Wilshere could have done. I think Saka edge it as I think most people focus to much on technical ability and also people underestimate Saka technical ability a lot.
Yea Saka's technique gets underrated because his style is not the most aesthetic. Although I don't think his game is ugly at all. If he was a bit more agile and fluid people would appreciate him more.

Yea Saka's technique gets underrated because his style is not the most aesthetic. Although I don't think his game is ugly at all. If he was a bit more agile and fluid people would appreciate him more.

I think people still judge player's technical ability by comparing it to Xavi and Iniesta from their glory days.

Geofranco

I think people still judge player's technical ability by comparing it to Xavi and Iniesta from their glory days.
It's not like those two had a ton of flair. Iniesta was silky, but Xavi was not otherworldly technically, especially on a team with Messi and Iniesta. Although it was impressive to watch him dictate play and control the tempo of games in his prime.

TheDrunkenMaster

Would you say that Lewis-Skelly is more talented than Musah?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would you say that Lewis-Skelly is more talented than Musah?
Tough call as Musah was pretty gifted IMO but Lewis-Skelly has a measure of creativity that I think exceeds Musah's. For me, Lewis-Skelly has the edge, and I say that as someone that thought very highly of Musah (still do). Lewis-Skelly (along with Nwaneri) is one of the very best we've produced in terms of pure talent and potential IMO - just need to see him realise it at a higher level.

Geofranco

Tough call as Musah was pretty gifted IMO but Lewis-Skelly has a measure of creativity that I think exceeds Musah's. For me, Lewis-Skelly has the edge, and I say that as someone that thought very highly of Musah (still do). Lewis-Skelly (along with Nwaneri) is one of the very best we've produced in terms of pure talent and potential IMO - just need to see him realise it at a higher level.
I remember when Musah left, I was legit sad lol. Usually I don't get too attached to the prospects unless I believe they are a rare talent. And it's harder to find top tier midfield prospects that can control tempo and dictate play, while also being athletic and technically gifted. Who knew Skelly was just coming right around the corner and looks even more talented.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Too bad we have a manager who prefers to sub a washed Cedric in a won game rather than an exciting prospect (Walters). Hope they'll do well at Villa or something in a few years...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Too bad we have a manager who prefers to sub a washed Cedric in a won game rather than an exciting prospect (Walters). Hope they'll do well at Villa or something in a few years...
yeah it’s kinda pointless to get too excited about young players with Arteta

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly will have that problem tbh. They're both undeniable talents.

Walters has the contract issue along with the fact that he's a defender and they don't often debut early unless almost everyone is injured. I don't like seeing Cedric getting minutes either but he can afford to look out of place in a first team environment whereas Walters cannot.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom