• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gimme Vassel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gypped

Darius Vassel is, in my humble opinion, one of the best strikers in England, but one fo the most underrated as well. He is young, and Wenger could make him into another great Arsenal player. Besides, while I'm not against foreign blood on Arsenal, it is always nice to have British boys.

Now, if not Vassel, how bout a swoop for Robbie Keane? Robbie Keane is an amazing young striker, and he's Irish, which is an extra bonus. What say you to the next Liam Brady?

Andrew

I think Vassel could turn into a great player at Highbury. He is young, quick and doesn't come with any additional baggage. It's a pity (for us) he signed a new contract at the start of the season because there was talk we would get him for 1 million or so. Now I think we will have to spend about 10 million on him, because Aston Villa will not sell a striker unless neccessary.

JazzG

Established Member
I think Vassel is very average. All he has is pace and nothing more. The defenders in our league have sussed him out but on the international stage he is unknown so that is why he does better for england.

mike

He is very mediocre. Ive been to watch the villa with friends and hes incredibly lazy.The ball was in the opponenets box and he was about 30 yards away from all the action.Now, what use is he doing there as a striker?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Vassell's got bundles of pace but his finishing is pretty substandard. I'd prefer Eto'o who's a similar sort of player but has a good scoring record in La Liga.

Adam

Established Member
Nope, no chance. Speed, strength but not clinical enough. Need a player with more vision/technical ability.

slapz

Latest rumour is that a deal has almost been done regarding a "wing wizard" who'll deffo sign when the window opens up again

n_henry

Not really into Vassell. He'll be decent, I'm sure..but like others have said, not really the answer IMO.

JGooner

Vassell is nowhere near good enough. he's just a speed merchant without a football brain. Alan Smith is a class above and may be available very cheaply.

A

Anonymous

gypped said:
Darius Vassel is, in my humble opinion, one of the best strikers in England, but one fo the most underrated as well. He is young, and Wenger could make him into another great Arsenal player. Besides, while I'm not against foreign blood on Arsenal, it is always nice to have British boys.

Now, if not Vassel, how bout a swoop for Robbie Keane? Robbie Keane is an amazing young striker, and he's Irish, which is an extra bonus. What say you to the next Liam Brady?

rubbish, absolutely rubbish

He has don't **** all at Villa

johe

slapz said:
Latest rumour is that a deal has almost been done regarding a "wing wizard" who'll deffo sign when the window opens up again

where'd you hear this?

if we've signed a so called "wing wizard", then signings can be narrowed down

johe

although I have a feeling this player might be a complete unknown, these are the "wing wizards" we've been linked to/talking about

van der Vaart
Reyes
van Persie
Rothen
Robben

what's funny is, all of these are left footers, when we really need a right footed wing, unless of course, wenger decides to do like with Pires and have the foot opposite of side, if you know what I mean :wink:

I've propably forgotten someone, so please forgive that :angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom