• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

İlkay Gündoğan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floating

Established Member
Daily Mail has a cover story on Arsenal bidding for Bender, Higuain, and Gündoğan.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/343472768274276352/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/3 ... 52/photo/1</a>

Tremendous player, reminds me a lot of Cesc in a deeper role.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

fabo

6.51 / 10
Good player but zero chance here. This goes in the pile with Cesc, Rooney.

I'm invested in the Higuain deal though, and to a lesser extent Fellaini, which is realistic but I can see Wenger buying a cheaper midfielder.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gundogan is not leaving Dortmund, he's negotiating a new contract with them.
He wants to stay with Dortmund for a few more years, if he was put on market today every big in Europe would bid for him

MDGoonah41

Established Member
less than a 1% chance this happens.

i could be swayed if we hear from

* a rugby journalist
* a radio station in el salvador
* oil price bates

Vela

Established Member
Dortmund don't need to sell, any idea if he has a release clause in his contract?

squallkid

Established Member
How many midfielders do the papers think we want?

Ramsey
Wilshere
Arteta
Cazorla
Rosicky
Diaby(injured)

Players we are linked with

Gundogan
Fabregas
Lars Bender
Grenier
Capoue
Pogba

If we only buy two more midfielders some of our current players won't even make the bench and I can't see Wenger making that many changes to the midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Dortmund sold Gotze and will sell Lewandowski i don't think they will sell Gündoğan cuz he don't want to leave.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
More like Wilshere I thought but less defensively naive.

Daily Fail though, Dortmund are already selling their 2 best players

Anzac

Established Member
Sahin is back on loan until the end of the coming season - I'd happily take which ever one is the bench option as replacement for Arteta (unless Klopp decides to play Gundogan in the Goetze role?).

error_prone

Why is that? Wilshere showed early this season and in a few games before he can be as good as them, and also, he has abillity to take the ball and dribble throught middfield which they can't. Gundogan is one of top midfielders at the moment but i really think Jack has the same potential.
It wouldn't be a waste of money maybe but we could spend it on more important positions

Goon_si

squallkid said:
How many midfielders do the papers think we want?

Ramsey
Wilshere
Arteta
Cazorla
Rosicky
Diaby(injured)

Players we are linked with

Gundogan
Fabregas
Lars Bender
Grenier
Capoue
Pogba

If we only buy two more midfielders some of our current players won't even make the bench and I can't see Wenger making that many changes to the midfield.
I actually think two midfielders is what we need. One defensive mid, and an attacking mid if Cazorla stays on the left wide position.

For me, only Wilshere, Arteta and Ramsey are proper options in the middle, Diaby is done, Rosicky can be for squad depth. If we get two more, we have six, if Cazorla plays wide. (I don't count Diaby anymore)

Bender/Gündoğan/Fellaini
Arteta
Wilshere
Ramsey
Rosicky
Fabregas :D
+ Cazorla

That's a midfield of a team who wants to challenge for honours.

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
won't happen. Bender I can fathom, but not Gungogan. A lot of Dortmund's players are being linked. They just came off a Champions League Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom