• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

In all seriousness can we win the title?

lee1001

Established Member
Results and 10 goals scored against Watford, Sheffield United and Reading (The three promoted teams) have clearly given us a false sense of security. As soon as we come against a seasoned premiership club the same problems emerge.

Can we win the title?

No, Man Utd and Chelsea are showing their pedigree and don't look likely to drop points anytime soon. Us on the other hand are not learning from our mistakes.

Alfonso

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
patrick42uk said:
too much consistency required. too many young players will be involved this season. chelsea have raised the standards so very high to such an extent there is no margin for error. look at their first choice 11. there are no kids there. its 11 experienced, world class players who wont make too many mistakes. they play in a system that makes absolutely sure of that.

even man united will find it extremely difficult, no matter how well they are playing.

Personally i think Manure will actually win it. I feel that they have that consistency you talk about Patrick. On another point though, Manure won the league with 'kids' once. :wink:

And it wasn't Chelsea that set the bar it was us when we went unbeaten. It's that sort of form that will bring us the title so i would say we've lost it already. Too many draws and a loss already is not good enough imo.

Man Utd are overrated imo. You will see this in the Champions League in the near future. When they play against a class side they will loose. Lyon would give them a battering!

Man Utd's first team is good, but their squad is not all that. If anyone is going to win the title it will be Chelsea.

Man Utd WONT win the title this season. Mark my words.

It is very easy to say Chelsea and Man Utd will win the title ahead of Arsenal at the moment as they sit 7 points ahead of us. But have some foresight. The season is long and Arsenal really get into gear in the second half of the season.

Having said that, we much make sure we have a good November and December.

Arsenal's real season starts against CSKA on Wednesday.

BigBoss

Seriously I don't think we can win it this season...In fact I am surprised with the results of manure as I thought they would be worst than us....But chelsea almost always manage to win.

RC8

Established Member
lee1001 said:
Results and 10 goals scored against Watford, Sheffield United and Reading (The three promoted teams) have clearly given us a false sense of security. As soon as we come against a seasoned premiership club the same problems emerge.

Can we win the title?

No, Man Utd and Chelsea are showing their pedigree and don't look likely to drop points anytime soon. Us on the other hand are not learning from our mistakes.

Treating Reading, who got a draw against ManUtd and almost got one against Chelsea, as just a promoted side is unfair, they are much better than West Ham, Charlton, Fulham and some others at the moment.

You'll find out what gave us the sense of security was the win at sOld Trafford. Which was a feat previous Arsenal sides could not achieve. Whenever we have scored first we have won, and it will probably be like that for most of the season. I can't believe you are trying to downplay our form of late like that just because Everton, who beat Liverpool with 3 goals, got a lucky draw against us. The only real problem we need to adress that would have changed the results of our games against Villa and Everton is the defending of set pieces. Against ManCity we lost because of a penalty, since Hoyte was playing out of position and was still very unsecure. The team has problems, but the fickleness of the statement in bold annoys me, as we have shown we are an outstanding team against Porto and ManUtd.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Tony Montana said:
patrick42uk said:
too much consistency required. too many young players will be involved this season. chelsea have raised the standards so very high to such an extent there is no margin for error. look at their first choice 11. there are no kids there. its 11 experienced, world class players who wont make too many mistakes. they play in a system that makes absolutely sure of that.

even man united will find it extremely difficult, no matter how well they are playing.

Personally i think Manure will actually win it. I feel that they have that consistency you talk about Patrick. On another point though, Manure won the league with 'kids' once. :wink:

And it wasn't Chelsea that set the bar it was us when we went unbeaten. It's that sort of form that will bring us the title so i would say we've lost it already. Too many draws and a loss already is not good enough imo.

Man Utd are overrated imo. You will see this in the Champions League in the near future. When they play against a class side they will loose. Lyon would give them a battering!

Man Utd's first team is good, but their squad is not all that. If anyone is going to win the title it will be Chelsea.

It is very easy to say Chelsea and Man Utd will win the title ahead of Arsenal at the moment as they sit 7 points ahead of us. But have some foresight. The season is long and Arsenal really get into gear in the second half of the season.

Arsenal's real season starts against CSKA on Wednesday.

Fair play about what you say concerning Manure but to claim that Arsenal's real season starts against CSKA is a bit ridiculous. People were saying that when we beat Manure earlier this season. Just because we drew with Everton does not mean that it doesn't matter. The real season started in September where we got a ****e two points from a potential nine in our first three games. All this counts and it's because of this dodgy start that i'm not sure if we will win it.

We raised the bar by going unbeaten in 2003/04. Chelsea lost one game the next season and the season after that they lost a few but still got an immense point total. This year, it doesn't look like either Chelsea or Manure will slip up. They may draw against each other but I doubt they will lose their lead dramatically. We just have to wait and see.

Biggus

Established Member
Of course we can, there is still a lot of football to be played. We look a very solid young base that Arsène is building, but my gut feeling is that we are still a year off.

ManUre are in the dying days of Fungism....surviving on the dregs of the 90s team and Shrek.
Liverpool..... :roll:
Chel$ki are a mile wide and an inch thick....a giant marble statue with feet of clay. If Abramovich gets it from rival gangsters or indeed the ex missus.......they are only a heartbeat away from oblivion. :)

Of course there is still Sp**s........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaguars4ever

We can beat teams who come out to attack us and leave spaces behind - this much we have shown.

Now if we can work out how Wengerball can beat Bunkerball, then we can bag many a trophy this season. Until then, it's always going to be iffy.

Mr Wolf

We shall win nothing as soon as Chelsea can afford to lose two goalkepers in the same game, and to win it, while we have lost one CL having not one decent second! Apart from Almunia, Hoyte and Djorou are also awful players, very far from the traditional Arsenal style. No, we must admit that Chelski and ManU are stronger than us, and ManUre also play better!

oO~bubz~Oo

We can win it.

But we need to win our home games, we need fewer injuries and we need a lot of luck.

Oh and we definately need Chelsea and Man u to drop some points.

famous no 10

Established Member
Yes we can.

But so too can Bolton, Portsmouth and even the spuds still could at this stage, but of course they won't.

Seriously, we need our team to truly believe it, then it just might happen...we're good enough.

maradona

I think we would have had a brilliant season if we finish anywhere in the top three.
I'm not one of these 'sing when we're winning' types, we don't have a god given right to win the big one every year. After the first 2 or 3 games I thought this season would be a struggle but I've been amazed at how this '3rd Wenger team' has settled.
This question is best kept for after Christmas.

JMT

[/quote] Man Utd are overrated imo. You will see this in the Champions League in the near future. When they play against a class side they will loose. Lyon would give them a battering!

Arsenal's real season starts against CSKA on Wednesday.[/quote]

Thats why there number 1 in the league.
and i cant remeber us being that far ahead in the last 3 years... ever since vieira left.?

Number8

If we win our game in hand its 4 points behind Chelsea and Manure. That's hardly an insurmountable lead is it? Stop making mountains out of molehills, atleast we're not playing like Liverpool.

JMT

Number8 said:
If we win our game in hand its 4 points behind Chelsea and Manure. That's hardly an insurmountable lead is it? Stop making mountains out of molehills, atleast we're not playing like Liverpool.

haha ...or tottenham.. and west ham.

Number8

- Åñð®éw - said:
Number8 said:

haha ...or tottenham.. and west ham.

Exactly. The amount of knee-jerk reactions I read on here is rather amusing.

gonermad1992

at the start of the season i would of said like most we will have to wait at least another 2 years before we challenge for the title. but now after our recent run of form we have a good a chance of winning it as man u and chelsea. this season could be the closest premireship season ever.

Alfonso

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
Apart from Almunia, Hoyte and DJOROU are also awful players, very far from the traditional Arsenal style.

Djorou is an awful player? Do you actually watch football? Or do you only look out for the big names? Djoruou is prob our most talented defender imo. And he only turned 19 earlier this year. Did Cannavaro even play for a top four club when he was 19?

Arsenal traditonal style. What is that exactly? Steve Bould?

asajoseph

Established Member
Djourou is a fantastically talented player, no doubt, but when he partners Kolo there's a distinct lack of organisation at the back. Yes, they've both got the natural talent to cover their arses most of the time, but Kolo's never looked like much of an organiser, and Djourou is still extremely inexperienced.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom