• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Fresneda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Is it possible that Fresneda would choose Arsenal and join the squad this January? Versus going to Dortmund and staying loaned at Valladolid. Only way I see it linked to Cedric departure.

Unless it's related to FFP, but really, Cedric's wages would be 2 million for 5 months, so that can't be the deal breaker. I doubt the club is in that much trouble over FFP.
He is staying on loan either way. But it seems Dortmund has sold him a much better path to first team football

Mickey Rooney

Is it possible that Fresneda would choose Arsenal and join the squad this January? Versus going to Dortmund and staying loaned at Valladolid. Only way I see it linked to Cedric departure.

Unless it's related to FFP, but really, Cedric's wages would be 2 million for 5 months, so that can't be the deal breaker. I doubt the club is in that much trouble over FFP.
Pure speculation, but maybe we told him he’d have a good chance at cup/EL games this season in addition to training with the first team. Maybe that reassures him as to game time and development opportunities and may explain why we wanted Cedric out of the squad to bring him in. Who knows, really.

Rattata

It could be really simple like Fresneda's agent looking at our squad and seeing 3 players in his position.

Sure Arsenal can tell you we will loan/sell Cedric but will Arsenal really? In the end Fresneda could land at a club that doesn't play him. Just look at Djed Spence at Tottenham.

The whole thing doesn't make sense if we loan Fresneda back though.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Tierney goes in the summer and I doubt we replace him with another left back.

lb: Zinchenko, Fresneda
Rb: White, Tomi, Fresneda

To be honest the pathway to our team will be a lot easier. A lot of assumption that he is coming in as a right back. He looks like a Cancelo/Zinchenko. I wouldn't be surprised if he is to share the Zinchenko role and that would be a hell of a lot of game time.

I love Zinchenko but he has physical limitations and needs to be rotated to prevent injury.

Champions League football also? Bit of a no brainer.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Pure speculation, but maybe we told him he’d have a good chance at cup/EL games this season in addition to training with the first team. Maybe that reassures him as to game time and development opportunities and may explain why we wanted Cedric out of the squad to bring him in. Who knows, really.
It's not clear what the plan is for the player ie loaning him back or joining his new team. What makes it complicated is that if a bid fails then he gets a significant pay raise due to a clause in his contract. I think both clubs are trying to get it right without offending the parent club. Neither Dortmund or Arsenal have actually submitted an official bid yet. They have agreed terms to place a bid from what I've read.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think Tierney goes in the summer and I doubt we replace him with another left back.

lb: Zinchenko, Fresneda
Rb: White, Tomi, Fresneda

To be honest the pathway to our team will be a lot easier. A lot of assumption that he is coming in as a right back. He looks like a Cancelo/Zinchenko. I wouldn't be surprised if he is to share the Zinchenko role and that would be a hell of a lot of game time.

I love Zinchenko but he has physical limitations and needs to be rotated to prevent injury.

Champions League football also? Bit of a no brainer.
Is Fresneda good enough with his left foot to be a LB for Arteta?

If not, I assume Arteta would rather rotate Fresneda as RB, and play Tomiyasu, Kiwior or some new player as LB rotation.

Gunn3rs4urus

OMG he's coming
Premier League Football GIF by BT Sport

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah this was never gonna happen after the premature confirmed tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom