• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Jurrien Timber

Status
Not open for further replies.

All this talk about Tomiyasu - do people really rate him highly? He has some fine attributes, but I would not rate him very highly. When Zinny was injured in the fall, he has some really weak and nervous performances, that cost us two points against Southampton amongst others. Additionally, he sold us out against Manchester City with the second worst mistake of the season (Ramsdale at home vs. Soton was worse).
He is oftentimes injured, and besides being allegedly versatile, I don't really view him as a long term member of the club.

Of course we should keep Tomiyasu, the guy can play all across the defense, is ambidextrous, is very good defensively do not forget his first season that was excellent performance wise

I agree that unfortunately he picks up too much injuries for my liking but football wise he is a great player to have that still needs some polishing, he brings us something different

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Monday Night Raw Reaction GIF by WWE

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
All this talk about Tomiyasu - do people really rate him highly? He has some fine attributes, but I would not rate him very highly. When Zinny was injured in the fall, he has some really weak and nervous performances, that cost us two points against Southampton amongst others. Additionally, he sold us out against Manchester City with the second worst mistake of the season (Ramsdale at home vs. Soton was worse).
He is oftentimes injured, and besides being allegedly versatile, I don't really view him as a long term member of the club.
I think that he finds his level in our squad with Timber’s arrival. A utility man who can play across the back line. We have a starter and backup for every position, but in case of emergency Tomiyasu is a very useful player for essentially every position we have in defence.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He’s a decent versatile squad player, but he’s not in the class of say a Ben White or Gabriel (probably include Timber here as well) or especially Saliba.

If he’s fit he’s a good player to have around imo.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I definitely rate him highly as a squad player. Two-footed, can play every position in the back, dominant aerially, great one-on-one defender, decent passer of the ball. He completely neutralized Salah when we deployed him as a LB, and Rashford when we deployed him as a RB. His one-on-one defending comes in handy against wingers who like to cut inside.

If he stays healthy, he'll be our Nacho Fernández going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom