• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You might not realise this, but we set this up for you today to win the league. The goal was given by Casemiro, which is part of the instruction to help arsenal. You can see that today we took control the tempo while you just sit back playing counter but we want you to win the league so we gave you that goal.

I expect you to say thank you not trying to cook me.

Warra trophy for you.

dino bravo

Established Member

"Better team", but yet did not create ONE single chance, yet we were well under par but could easily have scored 4?

2 shots on target, one from Casemiro from about 30 yards and another pea roller from Garnacho from 25, both shots that I legit would have saved. Don't look good for them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel they would be mad to keep Ten Hag, even though they played well today...but think most of that was down to our nerves, and them literally having nothing to play for as they have been so bad this season.

Would start again if I was the new board this summer, get your guy in and build from there.

Crazy injuries for sure, but even last year he was just a counter attacking merchant.

No charisma, no proper attacking set up, not a draw for big players, not sure the dressing room even likes him and seemingly just a generally unlikeable bloke and not in the good way like Jose.

Start over next year imo, and try to get a manager that you can build an attacking base on... finishing the season likely with a negative goal difference is sackable on its own ffs!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely shocking the millions they spent and the squad they don't really care about Injures too it does affect them but they really not been good at all.

Will be interesting what new owners do will they fix that collapsing stadium? Or sell most of thier squad and start again

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We were the better team today. Took more control in the game. But it’s all about the 3 points, we gave you that goal for your 3 points to stop that cheating city

Right @Juan Matas Beard ?
Do you think like Ten Hag that having no European football is good, because then you will certainly get players that don't care so much about European trophies, but just want to join United?

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Do you think like Ten Hag that having no European football is good, because then you will certainly get players that don't care so much about European trophies, but just want to join United?

There's a balance somewhere, you don't want has-beens like Casemiro, Schweinsteiger or Varane wanting their final paycheque but you also don't want mediocre players like Dan James or Fred.

Realistically, I don't think many players want to just play for United for the love of it. Just academy players in the modern game. Yeah, guys like Olise are United fans but if we are not competing for anything, even they will have ambitions for more competitive clubs.

Even the likes of Rio said, he anticipated being at United for 3 years max but a good culture, management, trophies and direction is what keeps players. I hope for a better culture with the new boardroom staff and ownership but let's see.

If you're lucky you sign players who just have an enormous passion for your club like Lisandro Martinez but this is rare, I don't think many players join for the badge or even play for the badge, they join for the opportunity and the culture of the club is what gets the buy-in. The other thing is we lose a lot of revenue from missing out on Champions League.

drippin

Realistically, I don't think many players want to just play for United for the love of it. Just academy players in the modern game. Yeah, guys like Olise are United fans but if we are not competing for anything, even they will ambitions for bigger clubs.

There's a balance somewhere, you don't want has-beens like Casemiro wanting their final paycheque but you also don't want mediocre players like Dan James.

Even the likes of Rio said, he anticipated being at United for 3 years max but a good culture, management, trophies and direction is what keeps players. I hope for a better culture with the new boardroom staff and ownership but let's see.

If you're lucky you sign players who just have an enormous passion for your club like Lisandro Martinez but this is rare, I don't think many players join for the badge or even play for the badge, they join for the opportunity and the culture of the club is what gets the buy-in. The other thing is we lose a lot of revenue from missing out on Champions League.
Nice response, I basically didn't do anything more than enforce your own post.

United is now in a similar position as Arsenal was, apart from the four FA Cup wins in the past decade. United has more revenue because of the Ferguson success, but it can't be taken as a given.

Yeah, revenue will always affect player "affection". Clubs like United or even Arsenal will always attract top player more if they are in UCL and looking like challenging. This is why City has got so many good deals, because the players basically only want to join them. On top of their spending power, which has been questionable.

Btw. I will always respect United, because they are not cheats like Chelsea and City. Same with Liverpool and Tottenham for me.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
United could actually finish in 8th place and with a negative goal difference 😁
Almost certainly will. They've been truly abysmal. They actually should be grateful to Arsenal, City and Liverpool even to an extent as well as Chelsea's moronic spending for keeping the interest spread so that all of the PL world isn't keying in on this being their worst ever PL season as much as they could be. If ourselves and Liverpool had just let City waltz to another title early, I think the scrutiny would be even worse because there would really be nothing else to talk about.

drippin

I still have to laugh at United's bottle job in the charge for European football. I couldn't have predicted it. The lead was huge.

A lot of injuries, much worse than during Arsenal's run-in last season. But if Arsenal bottled the title last season, United bottled UEL and even UECL this season.

They even had a good chance at UCL. That would have been their "title" this season. Their own failure in UCL, finishing 4th in their group, was at fault for Germany getting five UCL places.

They don't stand a chance against City. I give them 5% at most.

It looked certain that they will get European football, and now it's very likely they will get none. Luckily some United fans will still believe in their attraction, even without more money for FFP.

Last edited:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
It’s hard for me to answer this since this is my first time feeling no European football. Let me ask the expert such a yourself who had experienced no European football before, what do you think?

drippin

It’s hard for me to answer this since this is my first time feeling no European football. Let me ask the expert such a yourself who had experienced no European football before, what do you think?
And how is an Arsenal fan "an expert in experiencing no European football"? Do you watch football, or understand words?

From my experience I can say that when Arsenal was in the true banter era (even with 4 FA Cup wins in a decade), I was horrified. I didn't know if Arsenal will fall, no matter how big club it is.

I can only imagine your fear. United is bigger because of Ferguson's success, but like I said, it can't be taken as a given.

I'm not horrified anymore. I hope Arsenal gives Arteta at least a 3-year contract.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom