• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
And how is an Arsenal fan "an expert in experiencing no European football"? Do you watch football, or understand words?
:lol: Relax, I was just teasing you.

From my experience I can say that when Arsenal was in the true banter era (even with 4 FA Cup wins in a decade), I was horrified. I didn't know if Arsenal will fall, no matter how big club it is.

I can only imagine your fear. United is bigger because of Ferguson's success, but like I said, it can't be taken as a given.

I'm not horrified anymore. I hope Arsenal gives Arteta at least a 3-year contract.

Thanks for your input, so all I need to do is BELIEVE.

IMG_3803.jpeg

Well, to be fair we already won European football before Sir Alex came, so we were kinda already bigger before Sir Alex came.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Considering the lineup we put in, at least we didn’t get the 8-2 treatment.

I didn’t know arsenal can be this kind, now I know. That’s why we love to be in Arsenal Mania @Juan Matas Beard. Surrounded by kind people. 🥰
If you know winners like Ferguson, you know the clinic you were put into this time. A 0-1 clinic.

You were never close to scoring. I was never in true fear of Arsenal conceding.

It was all a facade. Arsenal was winning, and United had no threat. Even if they should try to win to get European football. Ten Hag went for 0-1, and a lucky goal like some relegation club.

Hopefully this saves his job. With how things currently look like, if City draws the needed game, they have to win the last game likely by three or four goals. If Arsenal wins Everton at home.

They guy in your avi is the master of excuses, and blaming others. Maybe he has learnt after losing 4-0 to Palace?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@UnitedBeard

Will this really be your first year without European football...where you not a fan in 2014/2015 after Moyseh fuxked you the year before?

How young are you ffs...Christ have I been getting in online fights with a literal kid 😅

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
@UnitedBeard

Will this really be your first year without European football...where you not a fan in 2014/2015 after Moyseh fuxked you the year before?

How young are you ffs...Christ have I been getting in online fights with a literal kid 😅
:lol: I forgot about that. Give me some slack will ya, it was 10 years ago. My memory ain’t that good especially the moyes era.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If the other team was good united would have been bottom half. They've shown bottom half form all season. But they've always gotten away with it cos all the teams around them were/is crap.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I think their biggest weaknesses are at fullback and striker.

Hojlund is just nothing special, no speed, skill, ability to even hold up the ball. I just don't see it with him, I think even if you played Antonio for example for a whole season upfront he would score 13-18 goals in that team. Guys like Solanke, Wilson, that ilk would score a fair amount.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
There's a balance somewhere, you don't want has-beens like Casemiro, Schweinsteiger or Varane wanting their final paycheque but you also don't want mediocre players like Dan James or Fred.

Realistically, I don't think many players want to just play for United for the love of it. Just academy players in the modern game. Yeah, guys like Olise are United fans but if we are not competing for anything, even they will have ambitions for more competitive clubs.

Even the likes of Rio said, he anticipated being at United for 3 years max but a good culture, management, trophies and direction is what keeps players. I hope for a better culture with the new boardroom staff and ownership but let's see.

If you're lucky you sign players who just have an enormous passion for your club like Lisandro Martinez but this is rare, I don't think many players join for the badge or even play for the badge, they join for the opportunity and the culture of the club is what gets the buy-in. The other thing is we lose a lot of revenue from missing out on Champions League.

I think for elite squad building in the PL you don't need European football. Look at the job Villa have done getting Luiz, Tielemans, Kamara in midfield, Diaby and Bailey in the league with Watkins up front. In the past Leicester have put together Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. Brighton have done what they've done.

It's not that difficult to pick up these prospects, Tielemans, Kamara, Diaby and Bailey were all players I wishlisted. None of them are elite but they're all better than the players United have been buying for the most part. Untied have either been players that are too old (Casemiro/Varane), unsuitable for squad needs (Onana/Mount), or overpriced (Antony).

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I think their biggest weaknesses are at fullback and striker.

Hojlund is just nothing special, no speed, skill, ability to even hold up the ball. I just don't see it with him, I think even if you played Antonio for example for a whole season upfront he would score 13-18 goals in that team. Guys like Solanke, Wilson, that ilk would score a fair amount.
Hojlund is still young, so it’s too early to judge but at the moment he’s not in the level where the top club wants to reach. A top club striker will want at least a striker who can hold the ball and doesn’t let defenders to out-strength you easily. Hojlund is currently just a striker who has pace, aggression, and work rate. He has talent and it will need time.

In term of ‘’biggest’’ weaknesses, our defense are injury prone (which caused us lot of problems this season), our DM has lost his leg (also caused us lot of problems because the defense has not enough protection result in conceded lot of shots), our striker can’t hold the ball, our top talented wingers (Garnacho & Amad) are still raw (also caused us lot of problems which you can see yesterday game that even though we had more control in the game vs arsenal, our final third didn’t exist).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was pretty embarrassed watching rain basically destroy their stadium, ngl.

Really sums up how far they have fallen.

Thrice

Not until long most of the Premier League will have better stadiums than the self-proclaimed biggest club in the country.
Everton almost go relegated and next year they'll have a better stadium than Manchester United.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
our top talented wingers (Garnacho & Amad) are still raw (also caused us lot of problems which you can see yesterday game that even though we had more control in the game vs arsenal, our final third didn’t exist).

Your problem on the right is AWB. Our defenders marked Diallo out the game and let AWB have space and do what he wanted as they knew he didn't have the ability

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not until long most of the Premier League will have better stadiums than the self-proclaimed biggest club in the country.
Everton almost go relegated and next year they'll have a better stadium than Manchester United.
The Glazers really are disgusting people. The reality is that you can maintain an older stadium and do renovations to it to at least try to keep pace with the more modern stadiums. For example, I've been to Fenway Park and Wrigley park for baseball games in the last few years and despite the fact that these are stadiums were built 3-5 years after Old Trafford so are also well over 100 years old, they are immaculately maintained because the owners understand the responsibility that comes with being custodian to a great sports landmark.

These classic stadiums may not have all of the bells and whistles of more recently built stadiums with cutting edge amenities but the level of disrepair that the Glazers have let Old Trafford fall into is really disgusting and inexcusable. It has nothing to do with it being an old building. It could and should have been renovated and modernized so that you don't have the embarrassment of flooding toilets and a roof that leaks. Even a dirtbag like James Dolan renovated Madison Square Garden recently to the tune of nearly 1 billion dollars because you have to respect historic venues. Just as a fan of football in general even with my disdain for United, I think it's awful and sad the way they've treated Old Trafford.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom