• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lionel Messi: GOAT šŸ

OnlyOne

šŸŽ™ļø Future Journalist
Trusted ā­

To discuss everything regarding The GOAT:

FkSbN_8XEAImYA-

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

If Barca werenā€™t trying their best to run themselves into the ground thereā€™d be even more success as well ffs.

Sparrahork

On a more serious note, when it came to Messi v Ronaldo I was always team Messi. Then last season with Messi struggling at psg and Ronaldo still producing in an underperforming United team I changed my mind.

Club form of both this season and general behaviours swayed me back to Messi pre-world cup. The world cup finals have made it a no contest, Messi rose to the occasion and Ronaldo sunk to further depths of narcissist behaviour despite no longer being the player he once was.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

If Barca werenā€™t trying their best to run themselves into the ground thereā€™d be even more success as well ffs.

12/13 is peak messi imo, most non-penalty goals in la liga, season curtailed slightly by injury. The way he controlled those one vs one interactions was utterly ridiculous though, like it wasn't just guaranteed that he was gonna beat his man, but that he could choose the pace he did it at. And he was 25.

We never saw his true peak though, he lost the physical explosiveness that allowed him to do 12/13 things going into 14/15 at the same time his creative abilities exploded.

dashsnow17

Doesnā€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ā­

12/13 is peak messi imo, most non-penalty goals in la liga, season curtailed slightly by injury. The way he controlled those one vs one interactions was utterly ridiculous though, like it wasn't just guaranteed that he was gonna beat his man, but that he could choose the pace he did it at. And he was 25.

We never saw his true peak though, he lost the physical explosiveness that allowed him to do 12/13 things going into 14/15 at the same time his creative abilities exploded.

We never saw his true peak?? What the, he had like a 10-year unbroken true peak

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Nobody who deliberately avoids the best league in the world in his entire career deserves to be in the goat conversation tbh

Really hope Mbappe doesn't make the same mistake

dashsnow17

Trusted ā­
We never saw the physically dominant forward and creative maestro at the same time imo. They just missed each other

In 2011/12 he had 73 goals and 32 assists, is that no the dominant forward and creative maestro at the same time?

He became the best playmaker later in his career but I donā€™t agree with the idea that there is an even better version of Messi we didnā€™t see. We got the best possible Messi, he achieved complete perfection in both performance and achievements.

samspade

He became the best playmaker later in his career
I mean, you've said what I'm driving at right here. He was creative, don't get me wrong but there's a very obvious explosion that happens in 14/15, he was only 27.
I know he was carrying weight at the end of the 13/14 season and that he lost a lot going into 14/15, it's my personal theory that he lost some quality muscle in so doing and therefore some explosiveness, right when his passing range went up several levels.

Not so much talking about assists but more about his ability to use his passing to give the team more dominance, create more transitions, the pass before the pass etc.

I don't really see why this is such a repulsive opinion. He was uniformly brilliant, but he could've gotten to an even higher level imo

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The greatest weā€™ve ever seen, no doubt about that. That was the case before today anyway though.

Yup...think it would have been something that people would always have held against him though, so glad he finally won it.

Think everyone should agree he is the GOAT now.

dashsnow17

Trusted ā­
I mean, you've said what I'm driving at right here. He was creative, don't get me wrong but there's a very obvious explosion that happens in 14/15, he was only 27.
I know he was carrying weight at the end of the 13/14 season and that he lost a lot going into 14/15, it's my personal theory that he lost some quality muscle in so doing and therefore some explosiveness, right when his passing range went up several levels.

I don't really see why this is such repulsive opinion. He was uniformly brilliant, but he could've gotten to an even higher level imo

Iā€™m not saying it repulsive, just a bit unrealistic, itā€™s human nature to say there could have been something better, I think we have to acknowledge that this player has achieved perfection, there was no better version.

samspade

I think we have to acknowledge that this player has achieved perfection, there was no better version.
Still not hearing a convincing argument as to why but fair enough if you don't think it could have been better

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
From the moment we saw him bag that crazy hattrick v Madrid in 2007 it was obvious he could become the best, this confirms it.

It was cute seeing all his kids celebrate with him, a little weird seeing Aguero out of nowhere in a full kit though :lol:

samspade

From the moment we saw him bag that crazy hattrick v Madrid in 2007 it was obvious he could become the best, this confirms it.

It was cute seeing all his kids celebrate with him, a little weird seeing Aguero out of nowhere in a full kit though :lol:
Surprised John Terry didn't celebrate the win with him

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

Probably is the GOAT of my lifetime.

Iā€™m sick of the putting down one to big up the other aspect though.

Iā€™m going to try and enjoy the prime of the next two greats in Mbappe and Martinelli.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

ArsĆØne Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom