• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man of the Match: Liverpool (A)

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I thought this a little too, tbh.

Was still quality, but he should have trusted Saliba to mark the forward in the box and overcompensated due to it being Salah v Zinchenko.

Yeah we had rice back by then as well. And the thing is 9 times out of 10 gabi does that intervention, he’s very front footed usually. I mean he needs to be with that car crash next to him…

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

How’s Rice winning this thing? 🤣🤣

He was decent but Saliba was the clear MOTM

They both did amazing.

Rice was under serious pressure the entire game and didn’t give the ball away once and won god knows how many duels.

Saliba was ace as well but Liverpool didn’t really press our back line that aggressively, they pressed our midfield. So for me, it goes to Rice. JUST.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah we had rice back by then as well. And the thing is 9 times out of 10 gabi does that intervention, he’s very front footed usually. I mean he needs to be with that car crash next to him…

No excuse then really.

Liverpool bottled it when it was 4 v 1 against Rice, no chance they were scoring in a 2 v 2 with Dec and also Saliba!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Saliba or Gabriel, we limited Liverpool to very little and that's down to the defensive triangle of Saliba, Gabriel and Rice.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

But I am left with question marks after that. For the first time I really felt like we lacked quality out on the pitch and even more so off the bench.

We need a pace tricky attacker, a midfielder, a defender and as for Zinchenko…
Just commented similar in the match thread. For all of the depth we’ve supposedly added we’re suspiciously low in quality beyond our first eleven.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Rice was real quality today, but how does Saliba not get all votes after this game?

Gabriel good as well and I thought Ødegaard was quality too, but in a different way to what we usually think of when saying so.

Zinchenko needs to go

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Erm, went to vote for Gabriel but my vote had already been done for Rice and I can't change it 🤔

africe

Gabriel is really underappreciated now. Scored our only goal and put in a massive defensive performance while also having to cover for Zinchenko's clownshow on his side, definite MotM for me.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Just commented similar in the match thread. For all of the depth we’ve supposedly added we’re suspiciously low in quality beyond our first eleven.
Yeah I agree Liverpool had better depth from the bench.
Tbf we have a way better squad than this time last season. Don't forget we only added trossard & Jorgi last jan. It was pretty amazing we managed a tilt at the title last season with the squad we had imho.

Without injuries we have a pretty strong bench but could still do with a couple more maybe? Add Tomi, Timber & Partey tho & it looks pretty good imho.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I agree Liverpool had better depth from the bench.
Tbf we have a way better squad than this time last season. Don't forget we only added trossard & Jorgi last jan. It was pretty amazing we managed a tilt at the title last season with the squad we had imho.

Without injuries we have a pretty strong bench but could still do with a couple more maybe? Add Tomi, Timber & Partey tho & it looks pretty good imho.
Yep, agree but at the same time I’m torn. I think we did great work last January but as a whole we haven’t done enough. Admittedly, we were a far way off in terms of squad depth though, so it’s probably an issue of not having had enough time (and maybe to some extent not making perfect choices in summer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom