• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man of the Match: Manchester United (H)

Who was your MOTM?

• White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saliba

• Zinchenko

• Havertz

• Saka

• Nketiah

• Vieira

• Tomiyasu

• Jesus

• Nelson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
I swear I get whiplash coming on here when I've just read and seen opinions outside this place. General sentiment seems to be you dominated Man Utd for the most part and played quite well, yet on here tons of people say it was a somewhat poor performance etc. Crazy stuff.

You won this fixture last season 3-2 from a 91st minute Nketiah winner. Why are we pretending this is an easy fixture or something? I don't get it.
By last year standards we were not very good in many aspects of the match. This was clear. We are happy with the win, but also think Manutd is really really poor and got out with only a 3-1 loss. One day we will put in a proper game against these pretenders.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
By last year standards we were not very good in many aspects of the match. This was clear. We are happy with the win, but also think Manutd is really really poor and got out with only a 3-1 loss. One day we will put in a proper game against these pretenders.

They finished on 75 points last season. I know they play **** football more suitable for clubs way down the table but it's effective and especially dangerous against teams that press high.

This is one of the most difficult fixtures of the season and coming away with a 3-1 win in a game you were (for the most part) on top of doesn't happen as a result of a sub-par performance. You had them pinned down for large periods and creating a decent chunk of chances.

I mean you literally missed two sitters and still won 3-1.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I swear I get whiplash coming on here when I've just read and seen opinions outside this place. General sentiment seems to be you dominated Man Utd for the most part and played quite well, yet on here tons of people say it was a somewhat poor performance etc. Crazy stuff.

You won this fixture last season 3-2 from a 91st minute Nketiah winner. Why are we pretending this is an easy fixture or something? I don't get it.

I think looking closer to 2nd half of last season instead of the first half is why there is probably tepid excitement.

I think with the money spent, people expected way more. That match was competitive and Utd were in it until Rice scored.

If I had to guess anyways, people here seem happy for the most part Havertz aside.

Legend14

Established Member
They finished on 75 points last season. I know they play **** football more suitable for clubs way down the table but it's effective and especially dangerous against teams that press high.

This is one of the most difficult fixtures of the season and coming away with a 3-1 win in a game you were (for the most part) on top of doesn't happen as a result of a sub-par performance. You had them pinned down for large periods and creating a decent chunk of chances.

Yes, but that doesn’t mean we played well. We don’t have mid-table expectations. We know we need to be better than last year to win league and we are not close currently. We’ve set a high bar.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Arsenal could have smashed this MU team. We should have replicated the 7-0 match by Liverpool. Yet. we played so poorly, and we got lucky with the offside goal. It's obvious that we don't play well. Don't you agree?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I think with the money spent, people expected way more. That match was competitive and Utd were in it until Rice scored.

I get that, but it's not like you spent money in a vacuum though. Man Utd spent like £170m as well. Literally subbed on a £72m striker. You generally spend money to stay competitive, because everyone is spending money too.

Honestly though I just think there's a slight problem with people constantly contrasting performances to your best from last season, which is somewhat unfair. Reiss Nelson's last minute winner against Bournemouth only happened because.. well, you had to scrap to score a last minute winner against Bournemouth at home :lol: That's a much worse result and performance than the one today, as an example.

I'm just a bit taken aback by the surprising amount of negativity and pessimism on here tbh, that's all.

Yes, but that doesn’t mean we played well. We don’t have mid-table expectations. We know we need to be better than last year to win league and we are not close currently. We’ve set a high bar.

No, but it doesn't mean you played poorly either. I think you were solid. Decent at the back, created a good chunk of chances, kept fighting and won.

Man City had to score in the 88th minute just last week to secure a 2-1 win against Sheffield United. Top teams don't win the league by dominating 38 games in a row, it's impossible.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I get that, but it's not like you spent money in a vacuum though. Man Utd spent like £170m as well. Literally subbed on a £72m striker. You generally spend money to stay competitive, because everyone is spending money too.

Honestly though I just think there's a slight problem with people constantly contrasting performances to your best from last season, which is somewhat unfair. Reiss Nelson's last minute winner against Bournemouth only happened because.. well, you had to scrap to score a last minute winner against Bournemouth at home :lol: That's a much worse result and performance than the one today, as an example.

No, but it doesn't mean you played poorly either. I think you were solid. Decent at the back, created a good chunk of chances, kept fighting and won.

Man City had to score in the 88th minute just last week to secure a 2-1 win against Sheffield United. Top teams don't win the league by dominating 38 games in a row, it's impossible.

Not saying I agree, just guessing why people would be meh.

From what I see around here though, the regulars will take a win over utd in any fashion so I don’t think there even is major reservations?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Not saying I think or agree, just guessing why people would be meh.

From what I see around here though, the regulars will take a win over utd in any fashion so I don’t think there even is major reservations?

Can't rule out I've maybe gotten hit by a typical @GDeep™ "everything sucks now i hate football" type of post and maybe extrapolated too much from it.

andeoch1

I think looking closer to 2nd half of last season instead of the first half is why there is probably tepid excitement.

If I had to guess anyways, people here seem happy for the most part Havertz aside.

Useless K**t is on Arteta, ruins the dynamic of the team and yet persists with the gimpy PR**K

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I think Ødegaard was the only one in the office side that cared and wanted to win. He didn't get any support from Saka and White.

Our worst defensive player was White without any doubt. He was litarally walking with Rashford in their goal.

In the offensive side, Saka was the worst, even worse than Havretz, which by the way was terrible. Gabi also showed that he can only play well when he has support.

Embarrassing team performance, but we managed to win Manchester United in the Manchester United way. So fvck them all.
Ode was the only one who wanted to win? Does your TV not display Martinelli properly? That’s what you get for buying Sky Glass mate.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Spot on as usual, people on here want us to thump 3rd placed Man Utd 6-0 at home or something, bizarre honestly.

Thought this was a very dominant and professional performance against a good side who can easily bogey us on a bad day.

Its also worth noting we came back from 0-1 down to win against a counter attack team - this is impressive stuff, honestly.

blaze_of_glory

We did dominate, or at the very least were the much better team through out the game. This place is a ball of nerves every game though and the stress leads to negative perceptions unless we go up by a couple of goals

blaze_of_glory

Its also worth noting we came back from 0-1 down to win against a counter attack team - this is impressive stuff, honestly.
Did the same thing in this fixture last year as well. And in fact both games we had them pressed back for the bulk of the game. We controlled both games but couldn't bury them until late in either one.

ksarp

I am going with Big Gabriel simply for the fact that his decision resulted in a goal not given at a PIVOTAL moment. United goes up 2-1 and best we hope for is a draw.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

I wasnt familiar with your game, Dokaka. Some top quality posting as of late. I tip my hat for the Moyseh Boys representation on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom