• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

HattoriHanzo

You guys realise that the Man City investment is basically insignificant in monetary terms for the UAE right? They have like 2 trillion dollars in sovereign wealth funds alone.

The question is backwards. The question is “do you think the UAE will risk jeapordizing relations with the UK over a small investment in a football club”?

City was never about money for them. It was about intangibles, and they have arguably already made back their investment on those terms. Abu Dhabi is firmly on the map. If anything they risk undoing some of this work if they persist with their tomfoolery.

Whether or not anyone that matters, either in the UK or the UAE realises any of this is of course a whole other matter entirely.
It was reported few months ago in the Athletic that UK government has discussed charges against 115 FC at their embassy in Abu Dhabi and at the Foreign Office in London.
This is not a good sign because it means that politics is involved.
I'm sure that UK government hasn't discussed charges against Everton and Forest.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
It was reported few months ago in the Athletic that UK government has discussed charges against 115 FC at their embassy in Abu Dhabi and at the Foreign Office in London.
This is not a good sign because it means that politics is involved.
I'm sure that UK government hasn't discussed charges against Everton and Forest.

Yeah I’m not saying they’re not involved - it’s more that I just find it ridiculous.

If the Uk had the balls to call the UAEs bluff on whatever they’re threatening they’d win. Man City isnt even close to the biggest investment the UAE has in the Uk. They put in £14bn in some wind farm, they own all our ports, pretty sure they own Heathrow etc.

It’s not like the UK doesn’t have leverage here. They’re just pussies is all.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There's something wrong about the whole premise of these things.

I get that Man City have a huge amount of charges and that takes time, but what about Everton, Forest? They've been tried, found guilty and punished in no time. In Forest's case the points deduction could well ultimately end up being the difference between relegation and staying in the PL.

All I'm seeing here is that if you're going to cheat do it on such an industrial scale that it takes years and years for anything to happen.

If found guilty Man City deserve all their trophies taken off them, don't care about other clubs being given them in their place. Their trophies should just be removed from the record.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom