• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Really shoddy performance, but got the job done.

Trossard clinical as always, Havertz ran his socks off, Saliba his mercurial self. Raya looked self assured. Partey was solid.

Saka was again lackluster ran out of energy after 15mins. Ødegaard got marked out of the game.

Maddar16

This is our big away game strategy. Even vs Sp**s two of the goals were set-pieces. It might have been more comfortable if we got our set-pieces right today but they weren't as good as usual.
maybe, but at some point to be truly elite we need to maintain sustained pressure/create clear cut chances away from home like 115 do. They would easily had 3.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
maybe, but at some point to be truly elite we need to maintain sustained pressure/create clear cut chances away from home like 115 do. They would easily had 3.

When we used to play exciting football the narrative was 'Arsenal can win ugly, no plan b'
Now we can 'win ugly' the narrative from some fans, not the media, is 'we are boring'

I for one am pleased we've added this to our Arsenal, albeit, i do feel Arteta was a little too defensive today. But a win is a win.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

When we used to play exciting football the narrative was 'Arsenal can win ugly, no plan b'
Now we can 'win ugly' the narrative from some fans, not the media, is 'we are boring'

I for one am pleased we've added this to our Arsenal, albeit, i do feel Arteta was a little too defensive today. But a win is a win.
Arsenal fans are insufferable

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Neville trying to act like it was even close to a pen for Partey in the first half lol, little rat is gutted how sh1t his team are ain't he 🤣

Maddar16

Agreed, nothing wrong with winning while being subpar, but i feel arteta tends to use it as modus operandi in big away games. If its against a qualitatively superior team like City for example, i understand, but not a ragged ravaged team like United

Mudi

This utd side really worst I ever seen for long time unfortunately it can't get worse for them anymore

Would take some doing to be worse than this
Still they had 5 starters (Onana, Dalot, Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund) also Case, Wan Bissaka and Mctominay are their main squad players. It is only Evans, Amrabat and Diallo that are not regulars ...

Mudi

I believe that if we increased the pace, we would have scored a 2nd and a 3rd. However, you may have given Utd their chance to score the 1-1 as they would have loved to use the pace of their wingers. Garnacho and Diallo are quite fast and could have hit us on the counter.

By given the ball to Mainoo, Amrabat and Mctominay, they could have played 10 games and still could create a chance...

It is indeed a shame that we did not win with 0-3 to keep the GD at 5. However I believe that we will make sure that we win heavy on the last day against Everton...

dino bravo

Established Member

Still they had 5 starters (Onana, Dalot, Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund) also Case, Wan Bissaka and Mctominay are their main squad players. It is only Evans, Amrabat and Diallo that are not regulars ...
Diallo and Amrabat their best players today too. We actually might have had an easier game with the usuals playing, the reserves gave it much more of a go.

Mudi

Diallo and Amrabat their best players today too. We actually might have had an easier game with the usuals playing, the reserves gave it much more of a go.
They both had something to prove.

Who is actually playing next to Mainoo if everyone is fit? Is it Case, Eriksen, Mctominay?
None would have performed as good as Amrabat. Also a jogging Rashford is less dangerous than an hungry Diallo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom