• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mark Milligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
The Australian generally doesn't print rubbish (even if it is a murdoch production), so there must be something in this. I watch fox sports all the time, but somehow this alleged interview he gave slipped under my radar. I live in Sydney and have watched him rise in the last few years, and he's probably one of the brightest prospects in Australian football. 22 years old, better technically than your average Australian player, good stamina and workrate, comfortable as a fullback or central midfielder. Obviously I'm slightly biased because I'd love to see an aussie at Arsenal, but I think he'd give good value for money as a versatile squad option.

Another link with some agent quotes:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23629132-23215,00.html

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Mark Milligan , that is priceless . Being an Australian , it does make you feel just a bit proud.

Glovegun

Established Member
Sounds decent. Those quotes sound fairly concrete, so I wouldnt be suprised if something is going on. However, Wenger takes loads of guys on trial. Whether they sign is another matter.

longrufus

Established Member
Very true glovegun, Wenger takes numerous people on trial and signs only a portion. Never seen the guy play so cant comment at all with regards to him signing.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Quite a credible source. Looks likely to happen as well.

Isn't him the u23 captain? I have seen him in the oylmpics matches and the match against Singapore as well. Good prospect, can play in central defence as well if I am not wrong.

nazo

Established Member
Alright so what is he? RB, CM, CB and LB? He would be a good squad player if he could play well in all positions. If he's better than Hoyte then why not? Nothing wrong with backup.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Quite a credible source. Looks likely to happen as well.

Isn't him the u23 captain? I have seen him in the oylmpics matches and the match against Singapore as well. Good prospect, can play in central defence as well if I am not wrong.

Yes he's the U23 captain.

bluenaz said:
Alright so what is he? RB, CM, CB and LB? He would be a good squad player if he could play well in all positions. If he's better than Hoyte then why not? Nothing wrong with backup.

He's rarely played at centreback. He is comfortable as a fullback on either flank, or as a centre mid. He's definitely more comfortable on the ball than Hoyte. Defensively it's difficult to compare the two because Milligans' only played in the A-league, but I don't think he's as solid as Sagna. Think Owen Hargreaves for style, stamina and versatility.

lee1001

Established Member
Its funny. Last year we never expected the Sagna signing because we felt there were other positions that needed strengthening. It turns out that we were wrong as Sagna has been a revelation at RB.

Here we are again, first signing (based on the links above) of the season and he's a fullback. Wenger obviously feels that fullbacks are the key to our game and without them we're not the same.

Unless of course as suggested he's being lined up as a midfielder.

If its true and he's as good as people say (although biased) then he's be a welcome addition to reinforce defensive and midfield positions.

AFCFan4Ever

Setantasports.com can confirm that Arsenal are showing an interest in Mark Milligan, but reports that the Australian has already agreed a move to The Premier League are premature at present.

It has come to light that the versatile 22-year-old missed a national squad training camp ahead of the Beijing Olympics in order to travel to Europe to discuss a potential move with a number of suitors.

It was even claimed that the Sydney FC star was poised to move to Emirates Stadium subject to the awarding of a work permit after impressing Arsène Wenger during a trial period in North London.

Milligan’s agent, Tom Brookes, has now confirmed for the first time that The Gunners are following his client who made a big impression when helping Australia qualify for the Olympic finals this summer.

Any talk of an imminent switch to North London appears to be wide of the mark though as Arsenal have not yet tabled a formal offer to the highly-rated player.

Brookes told setantasports.com: “Mark has had interest from Arsenal but has not been offered terms at this stage.”

Milligan previously saw a move to Metz break down when Sydney FC refused to sanction his transfer to the French club.

However, he is now out of contract with the Australian club and seems set to leave the A-League in order to try his luck in Europe.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... -Milligan/

JazzG

Established Member
He isn't related to Spike Milligan is he? ;)

Very random signing (if true!) I must add, anyone else got any more info on him?

Dez

HAHA Im actually distantly related to this guy. My great Aunt's daughter's (from a previous marriage)step son.

Anyway I wouldn't have thought he'd be Arsenal quality. He's right footed and played in central midfield for Sydney FC but has played in defence.

And for the Aussie's out there I can confirm after he got off the plane from the world cup in Germany he sat down with his father and knocked off a carton. Hes very Aussie.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Can play across the back 4. Probably better cover for Clichy even though he is right footed.

Technically better than Hoyte and more versatile. Played most season in MF for Syd FC.

I don't think this would be the worst transfer made considering we'd be signing him for a pittance.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I think Wenger realises that our backup fullbacks need to be comfortable on the ball. Our passing game relies heavily on our fullbacks being having a reliable touch and some passing intelligence, but outside Sagna and Clichy, no-one in the squad does it at the required level, and our overall play suffered when even one of them wasn't playing. Having Milligan as a backup fullback would go some way to remedying this problem. He can play centre mid, but I think Wenger would've bought him with the fullback positions in mind.

Growler

I do think the australians are on the rise. I live here now and the amount of coaching being done across the country with the interest in the sport so high, I think there is some real good potential here and it doesn't surprise me that Arsène is shopping here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom