• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mason Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

lol 80m Chelsea wants. For me i want we go for Rice and Caicedo
Jesus cost 45 million pounds with a year in contract. And he is a striker who can play on the wings.

50+ million starting bid sounds weird after the season he has had, even if he is HG. 50 million sounds like his maximum worth considering everything.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
@Mitch in heaven with that ffs

xPraise from gammon journos through the roof according to my numbers.

I rather Rice and Gundogan with Jorginho and Mason Mount as backup/ rotation options for Rice and Gundogan.

I can understand people having their reservations over Mason Mount after his poor performance this season. However Rice? Best DCM in the league after Rodri and obviously a massive upgrade on Partey.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we could have got him for £40m I'd have probably been okay with it.

I'd be loathed to put down real big money for him though. We can't be helping Chelsea dig themselves out of the financial hole they've got themselves in for a player who's only really a marginal upgrade. If he was a needle mover then it's a different story.

Let Liverpool or Man Utd spunk £60-70m or so on him.

There must be better options out there.

drippin

If we could have got him for £40m I'd have probably been okay with it.

I'd be loathed to put down real big money for him though. We can't be helping Chelsea dig themselves out of the financial hole they've got themselves in for a player who's only really a marginal upgrade. If he was a needle mover then it's a different story.

Let Liverpool or Man Utd spunk £60-70m or so on him.

There must be better options out there.
They will get money for him from some club anyway. But yeah 50 million max. I'd say.

Not that keen on him, but could fit the Xhaka role well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Good player Mount, but not what we need if we going for Rice and Caicedo.

Absolutely not if it’s a replacement for one of Rice or Caicedo.

We need to replace Smith Rowe with a similar profile if he is leaving. Give me Olise, Maddison, Kudus, Simons instead.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Arteta wants an advanced LCM imo, think of Maddison, Mount, Brandt (rumored in the past).

Rice seems to be the main target. Lavia the second option?

While Caicedo, Simakan etc would be interesting for the inverted RB position.

The ideal: Mount-Rice-Caicedo

But not surprising if the result is Maddison-Lavia-Simakan with Partey/Jorginho staying.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arteta wants an advanced LCM imo, think of Maddison, Mount, Brandt (rumored in the past).

Rice seems to be the main target. Lavia the second option?

While Caicedo, Simakan etc would be interesting for the inverted RB position.

The ideal: Mount-Rice-Caicedo

But not surprising if the result is Maddison-Lavia-Simakan with Partey/Jorginho staying.

Mount-Rice-Caicedo is a strong yet workmanlike midfield, it needs Zinchenko to take up the Xhaka role to give our front 5 that technical ability between the lines IMO.

Something like (statically)...

Mount-Ødegaard
Rice
Zinchenko-Gabriel-Saliba-Caicedo

In game...

Zinchenko-Ødegaard
Rice Mount
Gabriel Saliba Caicedo

I'd still prefer Rice-Caicedo and another 8/10 profile coming in, especially with Smith Rowe likely going out. Its also cheaper to do that too. So give me Maddison, Kudus, Simons, instead of Mason.

HaffBR

Maddison/Mount is a interesting question.

How much Mount worth more than Maddison? In terms of creativity, goalscoring I think they are basically on equal level in terms of cost x benefits. However, Mount is two years younger, historically less injury prone, more international with England NT and plays in a better team (= more experience with high level teammates).

drippin

Good player Mount, but not what we need if we going for Rice and Caicedo.

Absolutely not if it’s a replacement for one of Rice or Caicedo.

We need to replace Smith Rowe with a similar profile if he is leaving. Give me Olise, Maddison, Kudus, Simons instead.
I'm not sure Arteta wants the LCM be as attacking as the RCM. Xhaka wasn't a perfect fit for the LCM role in many ways, but he had engine and defensive intelligence and skills.

Many of those who you mention might be too attacking alongside Ødegaard, unless you want Ødegaard to take a more defensive role. I don't. I see Mount a good balance for the Xhaka role in defensive and attacking areas.

Mount would cost like half what Rice or Caicedo, so is much more realistic to get Rice and Mount.

What's good with Mount is that he has already won things, and performed at high level in EPL and UCL. If you replace ESR because he is injury-prone and had an off year basically, Kudus and Simons are not really players you can count to perform straightaway like they should next season for Arsenal's ambitions.

HaffBR

So give me Maddison, Kudus, Simons, instead of Mason.

I think there are a huge drop between a 24-years old Mason and a 26-years old Maddison with these kids, especially in the middle of the park in a playmaking position. I mean if Arteta wants a potential starter and not a project, they will check the ones of Majer, Golovin, Szobozslai, "Gundogan" - even tho different profile - a player with more experience in their prime age. At least, for me a experience players makes more sense here, even if with a bit of lower ceiling.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I'm not sure Arteta wants the LCM be as attacking as the RCM. Xhaka wasn't a perfect fit for the LCM role in many ways, but he had engine and defensive intelligence and skills.

Many of those who you mention might be too attacking alongside Ødegaard, unless you want Ødegaard to take a more defensive role. I don't. I see Mount a good balance for the Xhaka role in defensive and attacking areas.

Mount would cost like half what Rice or Caicedo, so is much more realistic to get Rice and Mount.

What's good with Mount is that he has already won things, and performed at high level in EPL and UCL. If you replace ESR because he is injury-prone and had an off year basically, Kudus and Simons are not really players you can count to perform straightaway like they should next season for Arsenal's ambitions.

The strength of getting Mount for LCM is he's supposed to have a defensive engine on him to get box to box. He's meant to be very good off the ball. For those reasons Chelsea fans saw him as captain material. His playmaking ability is getting seriously underestimated too.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom