• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

outlawz

Yup he was just managing Celtic this time last year but needs rivalries explained to him. 😂
The most amazing thing about the event is that nobody has mentioned the parallel encounter where we travelled up to Old Trafford two days earlier to the rivals of Man City, and there wasn't even a single murmur from anyone related to Man Utd about them throwing the game so City don't win a fourth title.

outlawz

But if you offered me Champions League qualification for Sp**s to win the Premiership, why would I take that?
The easy answer is that qualification would give us more funds to attract better players to put us in a better position to win the Premiership ourselves one day. So our club takes primary priority.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The most amazing thing about the event is that nobody has mentioned the parallel encounter where we travelled up to Old Trafford two days earlier to the rivals of Man City, and there wasn't even a single murmur from anyone related to Man Utd about them throwing the game so City don't win a fourth title.
Exactly. Now granted, the true rivalry is between ourselves and United in terms of proper football clubs with actual history in the PL era but you'll notice that every time United actually had a decent spell in that match, Old Trafford got loud. They were quite subdued for most of the match simply because they were being outplayed but in the few positive moments for their side, they came to life because they wanted their team to win, even if that helped City. But of course their supporters know what success is and don't have a crippling inferiority complex that has developed into self loathing.

Batman

Can see why in a sporting sense that would aggravate an Australian. They seem to have a winning culture in sports.
It should aggravate anyone. You play to win. What those supporters and apparently some members of the club have literally told that man is that they're such voyeurs that they would rather set their club back years missing out on the CL again, drastically reducing the caliber of player they can attract, limiting their spending power and potentially losing players they do have over a lack of ambition because Arsenal live in their warped little minds rent free.

Last edited:

Melquiades

Unbelievable that staff within a top 4 club would have an attitude like this. I was right that a loser mentality is infused within Sp**s.

The irony is that Sp**s are coping far more banter and brand degradatIon than they would had they won the title for Arsenal. This is being remembered by fans of all clubs.

Yup. Such a false economy for that bunch to think that it's a 'win' for them to shoot themselves in the foot to prevent Arsenal from winning a trophy.

1. What's actually happened and what's come out is far more embarrassing and damaging to their brand than if they'd gone out and done their best to win that game. And the banter they'll take from this will run deep for years. It's the new 'the history of the Tottenham' - a team throwing the Champions League and celebrating losing because they care more about their rivals than themselves.

2. They've now set themselves back further in terms of winning a trophy or finishing ahead of Arsenal next year or in the years after that.

3. Arsenal could still win the title.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

This thread has cost me a chunk of reaction points, but I will always stand by what I said...

tenor.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Make sure you're present at my funeral so you can let me down one last time.

"Rest now master Wayne, Sp**s still haven't won a meaningful trophy since 1991"

...is what I will whisper against your coffin lid, before giving it a soft kiss and putting the first bit of dirt onto it 💪

Let's play Aubamawang

He probably felt stupid after that press conference a couple of days ago where he got testy and asked what percentage of supporters didn't want the club to win the match. He genuinely hadn't conceived that they are indeed a population of emotionally damaged cretins who karmically repel success.
Sp**s fans don't want success. They want to be bitter. That's why they celebrate losing. I'm surprised they didn't have a parade when they lost the CL final as that's right up their alley.

Just look at O'Hara celebrating. Below average footballer who stole a career after playing for our youth teams yet showing an incredible lack of class in front of thousands of fans on air. They only care about us not winning.

They were on talksport showing off how they don't want to win because of banter from us if we win the title, but they know that's exactly what they'll try to do if we don't win it. They're walking, talking double standards.

My only hope is the guy who yelled at Ange to throw the game loses his season ticket and they let O'Hara throw himself off the roof on the stadium tour.

Batman

Sp**s fans don't want success. They want to be bitter. That's why they celebrate losing. I'm surprised they didn't have a parade when they lost the CL final as that's right up their alley.

Just look at O'Hara celebrating. Below average footballer who stole a career after playing for our youth teams yet showing an incredible lack of class in front of thousands of fans on air. They only care about us not winning.

They were on talksport showing off how they don't want to win because of banter from us if we win the title, but they know that's exactly what they'll try to do if we don't win it. They're walking, talking double standards.

My only hope is the guy who yelled at Ange to throw the game loses his season ticket and they let O'Hara throw himself off the roof on the stadium tour.
Believe me, nobody has a lower opinion of them than I do but even I was a bit taken aback by just how pathetic they were and are. It also just doesn't make sense. Most of them have seen us win the league at their ground already, seen us lift the FA Cup 4 times since they won anything, they're used to seeing us win things. To be that bitter and spiteful that you don't want to give yourselves the chance to not just play CL football next season but also improve your odds of beating us head to head as well as challenging for the league yourselves is crazy. Like how can you reconcile the genuine belief they had in November that they were going to contend for something with wanting to sabotage your own ability to build your squad so you stop us winning a single title. It's insanity.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom