• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Flamini - Officially an AC Milan Player

KY

Established Member
go49oner said:
KY said:
144k a week for 4 years.... that could buy any world class player AND pay the wages to replace him. If it's true, i say FLAMS OUT!!!

Take look at the source. it the f****g Dail Mail. I don't think even Ronaldo can demand that much.

yeah i agree. Ronaldo and ferdinand earns 100-120k a week and even ballack, terry, lampard earns like 120-140k a week. If flamini thinks he's worth that much for one season of improvement, he's really thicker than we give him credit for. :D

arsmile

Established Member
KY said:
heh heh. even tabloids can't exactly risk printing nonsense with no source can they? i mean they could get sued for libel or something... or is the brit legal system so screwed up?

people just get used to taking everything from the tabloids with a pinch of salt.....especially the sport stuff

asajoseph

Established Member
No, I just think that most football clubs have better things to do than spend their time sueing newspapers for making up transfer gossip!

arsmile

Established Member
KY said:
go49oner said:
KY said:
144k a week for 4 years.... that could buy any world class player AND pay the wages to replace him. If it's true, i say FLAMS OUT!!!

Take look at the source. it the f****g Dail Mail. I don't think even Ronaldo can demand that much.

yeah i agree. Ronaldo and ferdinand earns 100-120k a week and even ballack, terry, lampard earns like 120-140k a week. If flamini thinks he's worth that much for one season of improvement, he's really thicker than we give him credit for. :D

flamini's proper smart, maybe he's self interested/ungrateful etc etc......but he knows exactly what he is doing, since he left the old club in the way he did i heard he proper studied up on law etc, especially in relation to football- he'll get himself the best deal possible offered to him- and then he will decide whether the money is worth leaving arsenal

or maybe he has no intention on leaving arsenal and is just trying to squeeze himself as much money as possible- it isnt all that unlikely

or maybe he decided long ago that he wanted to go to italy, and is hanging on to let juve and milan bid outbid each other

we have no way of knowing

scruzgooner

JazzG

Established Member
Guillermo said:
I suppose when you add the worth of the signing-on fee, the weekly figure of £140k could well be true.

As I understand we've offered him roughly £50k a week. Surely offering a signing-in fee would represent better value for money for us, than having to stump up transfer fees for a new centre-mid?

Hopefully the promise of first-team football with us, as well as the fact that he is settled in London and, perhaps, the promise of CL football at Arsenal would compensate for the slightly reduced weekly wage.

I think you are headed down a slippery slope if you start caving in to player demands especially when the player isn't even your top player. What will happen if we do that is many others will run their contracts down and do what Flamini is doing now. Whenever you are running a business you just can not start letting the people who work for you start calling the shots because others will follow and start making silly demands as well. If you have to lose a player but keep to your principles then so be it

On one hand I am disappointed in Flamini is he choses to leave us like this but on the other hand I'm also excited that we might bring in another player to replace him. Flamini did great for us but there are a few players out there who I wouldn't mind us looking at. This season Wenger has chosen to go 4-5-1 in too many games because he is worried about our CM and I think if we had a better player by Fabregas he would be more inclined to go with 4-4-2. I think we could do with someone by Fabregas who is more clever and more defensively sound. Saying that I'm not even sure we will replace him!

arsmile

Established Member
JazzG said:
Guillermo said:
I suppose when you add the worth of the signing-on fee, the weekly figure of £140k could well be true.

As I understand we've offered him roughly £50k a week. Surely offering a signing-in fee would represent better value for money for us, than having to stump up transfer fees for a new centre-mid?

Hopefully the promise of first-team football with us, as well as the fact that he is settled in London and, perhaps, the promise of CL football at Arsenal would compensate for the slightly reduced weekly wage.

I think you are headed down a slippery slope if you start caving in to player demands especially when the player isn't even your top player. What will happen if we do that is many others will run their contracts down and do what Flamini is doing now. Whenever you are running a business you just can not start letting the people who work for you start calling the shots because others will follow and start making silly demands as well. If you have to lose a player but keep to your principles then so be it
!

that's why i was astonished that manure gave into brown- even though they will surely buy a new RB this summer

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
"Now, now Arsène, you know the rules, no touching until after the Milan derby":

iz054019.jpg

JazzG

Established Member
arsmile said:
that's why i was astonished that manure gave into brown- even though they will surely buy a new RB this summer

I don't think they did cave in, Wes Brown did. They offered him £50k a week and I believe they settled on £60k. Thing with Brown is if he chose to go somewhere else he would probably only of had somewhere like Newcastle to offer him any better and why would he want to join them? With Flamini AC Milan and Juve have shown strong interest and if that had been the case with Brown he would of been gone as well.

AliBabaBrewer

It's on almost every news website and even AC Milan's.

I think Arsenal.com are waiting for him to make an appearance for Milan before announcing he's left!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Wenger must have regretted letting him start instead of Lassana at the beggining of the season.

Should have sold him to Brum or let him rot in reserves

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
arsenal.com finally come to party:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... his+summer
Flamini will complete move to AC Milan this summer

Arsenal can confirm that Mathieu Flamini will join Italian Serie A side AC Milan on 1st July 2008 on a free transfer.

Flamini (24), who joined Arsenal from Olympique Marseille in 2004, made a total of 153 appearances for the Gunners scoring eight times and has been a regular in the first team this season, making 30 appearances in the Premier League.

During his time with the Club, Mathieu won an FA Cup winner’s medal in 2005 and played at full back in the team’s run to the UEFA Champions League Final in 2006.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Mathieu the best of luck for the future.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
lol EMIR8 - the following was pointed out to me in the Lobby, apparently this has been in the works for quite a looooong time; the date at the end of the article:
[Saturday, December 30, 1899]
:lol:

thegame24

Established Member
you people dont get it do you

we could have got service out of guys like pires and wiltord instead of letting them go for free.

Same with henry and paddy, whats the point in selling them if its for money that you cant use to buy an adequete replacement.

your having a laugh if you think we wouldnt have been better off if we kept all those players for a couple more years.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Perhaps thegame, but that's in past now and it's not what we did, so it's moot. Kind of a random statement really. Is it because Flams went on a free?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
I do get it game, your upset just like me and the rest of us and theres many questions we want answered. Sadly theres nothing we can do about this other than support The Arsenal week in week out when they step onto the pitch

I can tell you were in a much healthier situation than the other top 3 regarding in the long run of the club but I care more about trohpies and want Wenger to get some real top players in the summer

Whether he does or not, completely down to himself and the people running the club, but one thing is, well always support The Arsenal

tam1886

Established Member
His talk of loving the club and wanting to stay did piss me off, but in the age of the mercenary footballer and after the Ashley Cole and Thierry Henry sagas, its annoyed me a lot less than it might have done. Am I right in thinking that those comments were made before the interest from Milan and Juve too? That would make a difference in my opinion. Milan are a big club and it's not surprising he has made that choice considering all the factors such as their status and the money on offer. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it.

I like him, and I'm annoyed that he is gone. I not daft enough to think that he can't be replaced, but it does weaken our team and puts us in an awkward situation. He was a good player, perhaps not the best, but he worked well with Fabregas and those around him. There are better players out there though, and I hope we can get one of them to replace him. I agree with Asa, no-one currently at the club looks capable of stepping up and replacing him. I'm certain that for all his faults and limitations, Flamini was one of the main reasons for our improvement this season. His game complemented the team game in a much more successful way than Gilberto's and we were a better unit for it. Getting a purely defensive midfielder may ruin this, so Wenger has to be careful in bringing someone in but he doesn't need me telling him that.

As I said above, I don't think the answer to him leaving lies within the squad we have. Gilberto regaining his place wouldn't be right, it would ignore the strides forward we have made this year and once again change the dynamic in the team, and I really don't think it will happen. Gilberto has been ok in the last couple of games, and despite having a poor season, if he could maintain a decent bit of form I'd like him to stay as a squad player. The impact and leadership he brings mentally to the squad is something we just can't afford to throw away. Denilson has had a disappointing season. Injuries have ruined it for him, and when he has had his chance he hasn't impressed or played to the level he did last year. I still think he's got it in him to be a great player, but it's going to take an effort that will completely overshadow Flamini's emergence for him to realise it this season coming. Song and Diaby have both played the majority of their games out of position and it's hard to see where they fit in the managers plans. He's obviously got confidence in them, but by not seeing them in their natural position it's hard to say what the future, or Wenger, holds for them. I was thinking that Wenger may be playing Song as a defender to improve the defensive side of his game in preparation of keeping him as a defensive midfielder, along the lines of Theo on the wing, but I don't think it's likely.

Like I said, I'm not chuffed about Flamini leaving, but we accept it and move on. Arsenal is bigger than any one player, and it's certainly bigger than Flamini. We'll survive without him, and as long as Wenger gets it right, we'll prosper without him. I'm as disappointed about what we lose mentally in him as what we lose technically. I have a feeling Wenger will struggle to replace the drive and passion Flamini brought to the team, and the dressing room will certainly miss him.

Anyway, Good luck Mathieu.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom