• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Morten Gamst Pedersen

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
qs said:
brianfrance said:
I can see West Ham paying £12m or Sp**s paying 16, not Arsène.

What Arsène would pay and whats market value aren't exactly the same thing :lol:
see, the way i see it is that Arsène would pay the TRUE market value of a player, not the over-inflated reactionary Market Prices...

Glovegun

Established Member
I browsed a Rovers forum and they seem to think that if its pace and width we're looking for, Pedersen isnt the solution:

"Doubt he's after Pedersen for pace"

Either way Im not such a huge fan tbh. Scores the odd wonder goal but thats not the best yardstick of measuring players. Giles Barnes looks a quality winger. Very talented kid.

asajoseph

Established Member
There is no "points:skill ratio manual that mangers can use" - and each player available for sale only has one market value.

Simple supply and demand, really...

Nutsy

Established Member
brianfrance said:
I can see West Ham paying £12m or Sp**s paying 16, not Arsène.

West Ham, maybe, but after them Sp*d muppets spent on Bent, I doubt it'll be lily roses for em.

I don't think Pedersen will go this summer, but a possible one in the Winter to be honest.

number_0

Established Member
I am 99% sure that he isnt going tp sign for us. period.
and Sp**s will remain Sp**s.
their simple hypthisis is:

spend more=more success.

i am sure jol has this painted in the ceiling on top his bed so he doesnt forget

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
asajoseph said:
There is no "points:skill ratio manual that mangers can use" - and each player available for sale only has one market value.

Simple supply and demand, really...
Wenger has a degree in Economics... im sure he realizes what supply and demand are... point is, Gamst's "demand" is apparently not all that high... which is why Wenger would never pay over the odds for him... he's decent, but not really what we need, and its not like you can look at his "potential" and pay more for it since he has pretty much reached it already... he's no spring chicken... (in terms of Wenger's usual signings)

asajoseph

Established Member
Demand for Pedersen may not be high, but there are a lot of controls over the supply - namely, there's only one of him, and Blackburn own his contract.

Blackburn will have a sell price, and Arsenal will have a buy price - if they can't make the two match, there will be no sale, and a market will not have been made. Just because Arsène doesn't want to pay over a certain amount for a player, doesn't mean that he's got his 'market' price right, it just means that he doesn't value his utility to Arsenal highly enough - and that's not the same thing.

Anyhoo, I agree - Wenger won't be paying more than £8m for Pedersen. In fact, I don't even think Wenger would have paid that much for him in the first place.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Talking of wingers that we don't need, before he signed for Chelsea it was general consensus on here that Malouda was a consistent but unspectacular performer who wouldn't improve our side.

From what I have seen of him in a Chelsea shirt that looks about as far from the truth as possible. He's direct, built like a brick **** house and can finish. He would have been perfect for us

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
asajoseph said:
Blackburn will have a sell price, and Arsenal will have a buy price - if they can't make the two match, there will be no sale, and a market will not have been made. Just because Arsène doesn't want to pay over a certain amount for a player, doesn't mean that he's got his 'market' price right, it just means that he doesn't value his utility to Arsenal highly enough - and that's not the same thing.
to me, we're saying the same thing in different terms... it means Wenger's market value is not the same as BB's market value... because his value of the player gives him his own "market value"... BB's market value will always be higher to start with than Wenger's, since they of course want to get the most money for him....

i think we're just using the term "market value" in different ways... in the end, his market value will be what he ends up being sold at... if he is not sold at BB's asking price, his market value is lower...

but we all (most) agree that there is no way he will over-pay for him.. TBH, i dont think he is even actually looking at him...

Bobo D. Clown

It's not Slomo of Liverpool it's Moussa Sissoko, 17 year old who plays for Toulouse.

And after Diaby, Song , Clichy, Traore etc why not go back to France for the talent, Song is the only dud out of that lot.

And I'd like Gamst for the squad depth but it smells of his agent telling fibs to get a new contract.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Bobo D. Clown said:
And I'd like Gamst for the squad depth but it smells of his agent telling fibs to get a new contract.
that's exactly what i think of too... i dont know why they do that, since any formal bid will have to go through the club, so they would know whether or not there was real interest.... agents really need to shaddup

Bobo D. Clown

It's Rune Hauge, isn't he Sven's agent who convinced him to meet with the News Of The World Sheik. Which proves, he couldn't give a **** about his clients or doing right for their careers if there's money to be had for him.

If say we were in for Ribery and Gamst, maybe Wenger had one meeting with the agents, saw how greedy and scumbaggy they were and passed straight away.

jester

Established Member
I dont think we'll be buying MGP (its easier to say that), but i still have a lingering hope that we'll dip into the market once more.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
A player under contract doesn't really have true market value, because he's not on the open market. His value is the value the club slaps on him. The market did not dictate that Darren Bent was worth £16M, that's the price Charlton put on him, and someone was dumb enough to pay it.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
No.8_Wright said:
Arsenal.com

Arsène Wenger has denied he is bidding for Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Media reports on Tuesday linked the Norwegian with a move to Emirates Stadium but this was flatly denied by the Arsenal manager when the suggestion was put to him ahead of this evening's game at Sparta Prague.

“No [I have not bid for him],” he said.

Thats the end of this story...

Just to stir things up a bit, he doesn't say he isn't interested, just that he hasn't bid. 8) :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom