• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Thread: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,402
  • Views 153,599
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Arsenal are getting Caicedo while Chelsea are getting Enzo. I just hope that it means neither are going for Mac Allister in the summer. I rate him highly and would love to see him at United.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I wouldnt call it wishful thinking, because I can cite you the United spending example over the last ten years.

Money matters, absolutely. Its the only way Chelsea, City became relevant. And before that ourselves and United were outspending everyone else and hence ahead of everyone else. However with the way the game is going now, an emphasis of technical preparation and planning both on the pitch and around it so important.

Chelsea have yet to show us what they are building towards IMO. Right now, I get the sense that its get the names on social media and throw money.

United have signed poorly though. Mudryk and Fernandes look world class to me, Sterling is quality, they're signed CBs who look to be good quality but we'll see. If they get Joao Felix in the summer you have to say their collection of forwards looks frightening and then they have Fernandes behind them too. They also tried to sign Jesus in the summer and luckily he'd already decided to come here.

Who are the best players United signed in the past decade? I'd say Pogba and Alexis Sanchez. Pogba needed 2 water carriers to get the best out of him so United sign a 10 like Bruno and ask Pogba to play in a pivot. Alexis needed to be getting into and around the box and Mourinho plays him as a wingback.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Did anyone see the recent report saying Liverpool atm are the front runners for Bellingham ? I would be stunned if they sign him. They do have the money but no UCL will be a massive blow and the player has said he would prefer Madrid

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Dortmund surely will be asking 150m plus for Bellingham? Is this Enzo guy even that good??

If you’re Dortmund and Chelsea have just spent 105m pounds on Enzo, you’re probably thinking 150m for Bellingham is cheap, considering Bellingham has done much more in League football.

That’s the issue with these transfers, it pushes everything up.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Did anyone see the recent report saying Liverpool atm are the front runners for Bellingham ? I would be stunned if they sign him. They do have the money but no UCL will be a massive blow and the player has said he would prefer Madrid
City i reckon

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It’s legit crazy though, it’s disgraceful and incredible at the same time. Chelsea have literally broken the system. This wasn’t some small naive system where players cost 5m, this was an inflated system with huge fees and agents fees already, and they’ve gone and broken it by spending over half a billion in a year.

That’s how much Everton is worth, that gets you the men’s and women’s team, the stadium, the training ground, the brand, everything, Chelsea have spent that on players in one season.

Gunn3rs4urus

It’s legit crazy though, it’s disgraceful and incredible at the same time. Chelsea have literally broken the system. This wasn’t some small naive system where players cost 5m, this was an inflated system with huge fees and agents fees already, and they’ve gone and broken it by spending over half a billion in a year.

That’s how much Everton is worth, that gets you the men’s and women’s team, the stadium, the training ground, the brand, everything, Chelsea have spent that on players in one season.
Crackers
Going Crazy GIF

Diesel

Hopefully evertons incompetence means they dont get the paper work on time. I want them to get no one.

Pepesuave

If you’re Dortmund and Chelsea have just spent 105m pounds on Enzo, you’re probably thinking 150m for Bellingham is cheap, considering Bellingham has done much more in League football.

That’s the issue with these transfers, it pushes everything up.
It's one thing to demand 150m, it's another thing to find someone willing to pay it. Chelsea won't be in the running for Bellingham so it removes an irrational buyer.
Bellingham will have 2 years left on his contract this summer so Dortmund will have to sell then so risk a significant discount next summer. I reckon he goes for around 100m.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
United have signed poorly though. Mudryk and Fernandes look world class to me, Sterling is quality, they're signed CBs who look to be good quality but we'll see. If they get Joao Felix in the summer you have to say their collection of forwards looks frightening and then they have Fernandes behind them too. They also tried to sign Jesus in the summer and luckily he'd already decided to come here.

Who are the best players United signed in the past decade? I'd say Pogba and Alexis Sanchez. Pogba needed 2 water carriers to get the best out of him so United sign a 10 like Bruno and ask Pogba to play in a pivot. Alexis needed to be getting into and around the box and Mourinho plays him as a wingback.

Its definitely better than what United have done before Ten Hag came in. No question about that.

Their signings look good, but until I see how they bring it all together, am I not as concerned about them as they'd like me to be. They'll be competing higher up the table next season for sure, but I still think we'll be more than a match for them for example. Both in a game and over a season.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

How is this even possible?! No way in a million years would Everton being be willing to pay us 45m for Conor bloody Gallagher if he were an Arsenal player.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Honestly 105 million for a cm is crazy. I get it for attackers as they are the biggest game changers. But not him

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal are getting Caicedo while Chelsea are getting Enzo. I just hope that it means neither are going for Mac Allister in the summer. I rate him highly and would love to see him at United.
We going for Rice and Chelsea don't know who. Manutd should try for De Jong again this time will probably work if you in CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom