• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He lacks the calmness and composure when the pressure is on. Trying to force passes when they're not on..it's all mental for him. No wonder people didn't trust him in midfield dispute his technical excellence.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
We've outgrown him in this team and I don't like how much he ball hogs and slows our play down.

Yeah this bothered me a lot today.

In the past it seemed like he was doing it to calm us down and dictate tempo but now it’s become clear to me it’s nothing to do with tempo he’s just a ball hogger. The difference is that last year we would generally progress faster and more central than this year, so when Zinny took his time you thought, ah maybe he’s helping us reset.

But he’s doing the same thing this year when our playing style is different and the obvious conclusion is he likes to pad his stats. Also now we’ve had more time to appreciate what an actual elite tempo master looks like in Jorginho.

Add in the carelessness in possession and it’s just pushed me over the edge.

A word of warning here for stat merchants: what dispossession stats don’t tell you is how much (or how little) pressure the player was under when they lost possession. And this is why he is so infuriating - he loses the ball for no fking reason whatsoever sometimes. It’s all in his head. When he’s actually under pressure he rarely loses it because he is switched on and has good technique. But give him enough rope and he will hang himself.

I don’t have time for players like that. 90 minutes is not that long a time to focus fs.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Been quite checked out with this guy for a while.

What finished it for me is despite costing us so many chances and goals from silly plays in his own third, he has still proceeded to do ‘over confident’ (or in other words foolish) stuff.

Definitely a saleable asset. I’m sure some sides within the PL but especially across Europe (namely Spain and Italy) would be interested in him. Issue is the price we would get.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I will be happy to see him as a squad player. He is talented but he is a player I don't trust in the big games.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can't believe how useless he's become in possession, constantly either making the wrong pass or misplacing easy passes.

He used to be seen as an extra playmaker now he's just like a spare body but you don't really want him on the ball too much.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I can't believe how useless he's become in possession, constantly either making the wrong pass or misplacing easy passes.

He used to be seen as an extra playmaker now he's just like a spare body but you don't really want him on the ball too much.
He's also such a defensive calamity. He tried to play offside last night by running away from his own goal and got done by their wide player.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Yeah this bothered me a lot today.

In the past it seemed like he was doing it to calm us down and dictate tempo but now it’s become clear to me it’s nothing to do with tempo he’s just a ball hogger. The difference is that last year we would generally progress faster and more central than this year, so when Zinny took his time you thought, ah maybe he’s helping us reset.

But he’s doing the same thing this year when our playing style is different and the obvious conclusion is he likes to pad his stats. Also now we’ve had more time to appreciate what an actual elite tempo master looks like in Jorginho.

Add in the carelessness in possession and it’s just pushed me over the edge.

A word of warning here for stat merchants: what dispossession stats don’t tell you is how much (or how little) pressure the player was under when they lost possession. And this is why he is so infuriating - he loses the ball for no fking reason whatsoever sometimes. It’s all in his head. When he’s actually under pressure he rarely loses it because he is switched on and has good technique. But give him enough rope and he will hang himself.

I don’t have time for players like that. 90 minutes is not that long a time to focus fs.

Having Zinny with Rice is redundant too since Rice is more biased to his left and Zinny will occupy his zones. Classic case of him being dispossessed without any pressure is that Brentford away chance he gave away which resulted in him having to make a goal line clearance. Don't mention him switching off vs Wolves at the Emirates and giving Cunha that goal or being defensively naive at Villa Park which lead to McGuinn's goal.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I like Zinny but man I forgot how much of an ocean of space that LB zone becomes when he's in the team. Gabriel had to bail him out a couple of times. I'm tired of it tbqh; great technical player but he really should be moved into MF.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can Mikel if he keep him play him as LCM? He was again just so soft defensively so much space he leaving and one v one he not even trying to stop the winger.

At the moment I prefer Kiwi and Tomi as LB can't trust Zinny

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Been telling you all this, all season ffs. Hes a squadie tops, nearly fvcked up again yesterday. Id rather White inverting than this guy.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Was getting toasted by a guy who was doing punditry at the start of the season. I have already said too many times how he & his fellow city dumpster dweller are absolute liabilities. Get rid asap before he tanks his value more

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He made one huge error which could have led to a goal. No matter what game expect atleast 1 error with him. He makes us play worse as well coming inside and make everything crowded

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He made one huge error which could have led to a goal. No matter what game expect atleast 1 error with him. He makes us play worse as well coming inside and make everything crowded

Yeah I think we've moved away from Zinchenko style inverting into MF, I feel much more secure with Kiwior operating as a traditional LB.

Black Noir

I'm glad we do not have to rely on Zinchenko at left back in the run in, Zinchenko was good last year as a supplementary playmaker/progressor to the Xhaka overlapping. Plus not needed , with Rice, Jorginho starting games. should be added to whatever clear out we are having this summer. While, he has value.
. Won't really be needed for rest of the games now. We got the game we , could get away with him in the side, Luton at home out of the way.NOW none of our opponents left are like that. Tomi and Kiwior are ahead in the order.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He still supporting Israel?
Wanted to see if he doubled down on it and found this instead

He is doing that in new boots, having followed in the footsteps of a former North London rival in Harry Kane by signing with Skechers. Previously with Puma, Zinchenko’s interest was piqued by the England captain’s switch, which coincided with his transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Bayern Munich last summer. “When big players like him are wearing something (new), you’re going to pay attention and it’s a big influence for the rest,” he explains.

Lmaoooooo

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom