• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Paulo Dybala

Proof

Established Member
Arsenal AGREE to meet Palermo's £31m asking price for Man Utd target Paulo Dybala

The Serie A outfit have moved quickly to slap a £31m price tag on the 21-year-old as they believe he has the potential to become a world-class player.

And according to today's reports in Italy, Gunners boss Arsène Wenger is prepared to pay the inflated price in ongoing negotiations between the two clubs.

However, the Italian side have told Arsenal they will have to wait until next summer to land Dybala, who has been dubbed the next Sergio Aguero.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/542325/Arsenal-Palermo-Man-Utd-Paulo-Dybala" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ulo-Dybala</a>

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Scoring record doesn't seem to indicate the next Aguero. Palermo seem to have pulled that 31M valuation out of their ass as well.

Don't need another potential star, should be all over Sturridge in the summer, maybe Benzema and Cavani will be available as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Silly season is here. Reminds me of the Carvalho stories.

I think we're at the stage where Wenger will pay big for established stars, but not potential.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If he didn't cost 31million I would be all for this. Don't think we'll ever buy an established WC striker so we have to take educated gambles like City did with Aguero. However this is way too much of a gamble.

Iceman10

Established Member
Trilly said:
If he didn't cost 31million I would be all for this. Don't think we'll ever buy an established WC striker so we have to take educated gambles like City did with Aguero. However this is way too much of a gamble.

Don't know about that re. Aguero, he was as much of an educated gamble as Liverpool signing Suarez from Ajax IMO.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Iceman10 said:
Trilly said:

Don't know about that re. Aguero, he was as much of an educated gamble as Liverpool signing Suarez from Ajax IMO.

Aguero to City was about as educated a gamble as signing Aguero now, he was red hot in La Liga.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Iceman10 said:
Trilly said:

I had a feeling I would get called up on this :lol:.

Aguero was great in La Liga and his potential was there for everyone to see however he was only 22/23 at the time and £38 million on a player of that age at that time was definitely somewhat of a gamble.

Iceman10

Established Member
^ Fair enough sir, I didn't realise his transfer price was that much, thought it was closer to 30m. As a player though I was pretty sure he was the real deal even before he joined City. For me age doesn't matter so much, if anything that would be a plus for someone with that ability in terms of years of potential service, as well as potential improvement on top of what he already was as a player.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Atlético paid around 20m for Agüero as an 18 year old, if anything City got him cheaply.

Regarding Dybala, never happening. Serious talent though and I can see the comparison with Agüero, wouldn't be surprised if he went for the figures that are thrown around at the moment.

Iceman10

Established Member
Re. Dybala, the only way I see it happening is if we sort out CB and CDM in the January window, meaning he could be brought in next summer with less glaring gaps to fix then, but yeah, will believe it when I see it.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

David Amoyal
‏@DavidAmoyal
Palermo's Dybala:"I can't deny that going to Arsenal and playing in the Premier League would be amazing" via @RiccardoGatto1

Now we know the lad wants to come. We'll see if this develops over time.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn't William Carvalho, Jackson Martinez etc. etc. all say the same thing. His agent's probably using our name to leverage him a move to a big Serie A side or one of the Portuguese giants.

Iceman10

Established Member
One thing to note is that he is a high mobile and skilful forward who can drift, making movements cutting in from either wing if required and isn't an out and out CF at present, definitely not a player that would be a target man type as he is right now. A bit like Jovetic when he was considered for us while at Fiorentina, but without the injury history and I would also say Dybala has a higher ceiling. He would fit into what appears to being strived for in terms of a highly mobile interchangeable attacking unit and there is potential room to be made next summer via. Podolski and/or Campbell.

Dybala is extreme talent, I have no doubt about that, and we have Giroud for plan B and for variety in CF options already anyway. We do have to sort out CB and CDM first though in terms of priorities.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I agree he looks to have a high ceiling, excellent technique and control, keeps looking to drop his shoulder and beats his man always looking to make direct runs and lots of good shots that when he gets a bit more powerful will start ripping the back of the net. Intelligent movement off the ball too.

An odd signing though, as I'm not sure Wenger would trust him as our number 9 holding the line right now, so he'd probably played as a wing forward, where we already have Sanchez, Theo, Chamberlain and the rest.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Trilly said:
David Amoyal
‏@DavidAmoyal
Palermo's Dybala:"I can't deny that going to Arsenal and playing in the Premier League would be amazing" via @RiccardoGatto1

Now we know the lad wants to come. We'll see if this develops over time.

Hazard said that too

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sadly we can't afford to pay what it'll take to get him with all the other problems we have in the squad.

This lad looks unbelievable, shame.

Iceman10

Established Member
THunter said:
Sadly we can't afford to pay what it'll take to get him with all the other problems we have in the squad.

This lad looks unbelievable, shame.

There is no financial limitation that would stop us bringing in Dybala in addition to a CB and CDM over the next two windows combined, particularly if we sell Podolksi. What you are really saying mate is that there is a financial limitation you see imposed by Wenger :wink:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Basically!

DM, CB, LB, ST, GK.

DM - £25M
CB - £15M
LB - £15M
ST - £40M
GK - £20M

£115M that is, then again, we won't sign all them, as you know, it'd actually give us a complete squad!

Iceman10

Established Member
That touches upon some points made on the Tyrone Mings (LB/CB) thread in terms of bringing him in making a difference to such a plan. Not against bringing him in but was just playing devil's advocate. As with yourself, I have almost completely lost faith in Scz also but Ospina will be given a chance. Agree fully on spending what is required for a CDM. Re. Mings, that is pivotal as I see it and needs to be brought up on his thread or alternatively wish list / squad analysis. I do believe CB + CDM + Dybala would go a long way. If we bring Mings in then ideally we need a top player who can play both CDM and CB, which is hard to find.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
31M for Dyabala is the world gone mad? this guy scored just scored 6 goals in Serie B last season.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom