• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players you’re glad we didn’t sign…

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In October 2015 he was first choice CF for both Arsenal and England.
he failed to reach 10 goals all competition after 2013-2014 except for 2016-2017 where he scored 19 goals all competitions and 2 assists

after 2016-2017 season, he hardly got 5 goals and any assists (3 max per season)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
he failed to reach 10 goals all competition after 2013-2014 except for 2016-2017 where he scored 19 goals all competitions and 2 assists

after 2016-2017 season, he hardly got 5 goals and any assists (3 max per season)
The numbers don’t tell the full story. He was injured a lot in 2014 and 15 but when he was fit, he was a key player.

GoonerJay24

what's so hard to understand? getting Giroud and Auba in 2012 would have been great.

Made mistake tho, 2012-2013 season Walcott was great and someone gonna crucify me for this. His decline started in 2013-2014.
I should have wrote Gervinho

PS : I am derailing the thread
Because Wenger opted for Podolski instead who, at that time was more established than Aubamayang. We didn't need both with Theo too.

Walcott was injured in 2013-14 and the next couple of seasons.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Lest we forget @2Smokeyy wish listed Sander Berge, Conor Gallagher, Lloyd Kelly and Richarlison a few years ago.

Literally all of them. We’d be fighting the likes of Everton had we signed his lot.
Gallagher has been Chelsea’s best midfielder, despite the millions they’ve spent in that position. I like him a lot. He would do very well here, and he is the type of box-to-box midfielder that managers love.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The numbers don’t tell the full story. He was injured a lot in 2014 and 15 but when he was fit, he was a key player.
Giroud currently is a key player for AC Milan, he is in decline. Both can be true at the same time. It doesn't mean the player is useless..

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

"One of the most highly decorated superstars in the history of this business turn into such a lying, cheating, disgusting little worm of a human being"

...Shawn Michaels in reality and Shawn Michaels in kayfabe are quite different 😅

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Kalvin Phillips is what half this forum thought Rice was before we signed him.

Decent enough basic player, but a run around like a headless chicken sort really. Got found out moving up a level at Man City.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Kalvin Phillips is what half this forum thought Rice was before we signed him.

Decent enough basic player, but a run around like a headless chicken sort really. Got found out moving up a level at Man City.

KWP is a deep lying playmaker which nobody thought Rice was and certainly now know he is not. He ran around because of the "murderball" style Bielsa had at the time.

He failed at City due to injury and fitness (very similar to ESR actually, Pep outright called him fat). Peak KWP is actually the ideal midfield partner for Rice hence the double pivot for England when they reached the finals. Unsure if he is a #8 as he is closer to Jorginho with his passing range and vision.

2/3 teams he's done well for Leeds and England, so for me not playing for City doesn't mean bad player. This isn't me advocating signing him or anything.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Peak KWP is actually the ideal midfield partner for Rice hence the double pivot for England when they reached the finals.

Sad how he is only 27 but it feels like his peak was ages ago, and will never be touched again.

He's been at City barely a season, but feels like he has aged a decade at the club somehow 😅

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Sad how he is only 27 but it feels like his peak was ages ago, and will never be touched again.

He's been at City barely a season, but feels like he has aged a decade at the club somehow 😅

Yeah I don’t think the heavy pressing era of football is very kind to your career long term. Bielsa’s time at Leeds was full of injuries.

It’s why guys with the better genetics but not the best skills always have a place at this level, they just win out due to availability.

I legit can’t remember the last time Kai or Jorginho had an injury for example compared to say Partey.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom