• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players you’re glad we didn’t sign…

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Just have to say it feels wrong to agree with UpTheGinnalz, second guessed myself several times but what's right is right.

You’ve invented a false dichotomy though in order to agree with him so I’d be questioning your sanity.

We should/could have got an actual no9 with pace/good movement to play with Özil. Didn’t have to be Higuain, I’m sure there were candidates we could have afforded.

We would have been bloody brilliant.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We should/could have got an actual no9 with pace/good movement to play with Özil. Didn’t have to be Higuain, I’m sure there were candidates we could have afforded.

This is it exactly. Wouldn't have taken much to find a better finisher than Giroud at that time.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You’ve invented a false dichotomy though in order to agree with him so I’d be questioning your sanity.

Nah I didn't, Higuain was only ever seriously linked the summer we got Özil. We were close by all accounts until Napoli sold Cavani and blew our bid for Higuain out the water.

Obviously should've been both but was never on the cards, and in 2013 I'd rather we had signed Higuain.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
This is it exactly. Wouldn't have taken much to find a better finisher than Giroud at that time.

I’d have been happy with someone of the same finishing ability that didn’t have Giroud’s finesse in build up but had actual pace/movement that Özil could exploit.

When we signed the Mes it was like we finally got a table at that impossible to book restaurant but realised we forgot our wallet as soon as we sat down.

A lot of people here (@Riou ) **** themselves silly over Giroud, and yes he was a good player in his own way, but he was not the right striker to pair with Özil.

Other people here (@UpTheGunnerz ) **** themselves silly throwing shade at Özil without realising that we never really played to his strengths.

Chock full of wankers this place is

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Higuain was a bottler but he was reliable in the league them days, 36 in 35 in the league for Napoli is crazy. Özil was a brilliant player but I'd rather Cazorla Wilshere etc share the burden of creativity behind a top striker than have a donkey ahead of Özil.

Choice between a great steak which you have to eat with your bare hands or a silver platter and golden spoon and get a serving of steaming dogshit. Neither is ideal but one is worse

Wenger should've just given Real what they wanted for Higuain when we knew Suarez was a forlorn hope.

The fact he all but wanted to come makes it worse!!

We could've won the title & gotten Özil at a knockdown price the following summer because he had no suitors.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Murdyk for sure, Lemar for sure. I did enjoy watching AM meltdown when we didn’t sign Murdyk, while a certain genius poster was saying he would fly to London and give Edu a blanket party if he signed that 12 goal tosser with a YouTube.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Kalvin Phillips is possibly on Arsenal's January Transfer Radar. He is a bit like the next Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair at Manchester City.
Not sure about that one, if it is true.

Topside

This is Arsenal fan Andrew, on two possible Arsenal targets, both named Andrew.

Andy Townsend.
View attachment 19690

When George Graham was Arsenal manager, believe that he was interested in signing Andy Townsend from Chelsea. Andy was good at what he did, could have been a good signing. Think Roy Keane would have been a better target, when he was at Nottingham Forest.

Andy Sinton.
View attachment 19691

Believe that George Graham was interested in Andy Sinton from QPR. The left winger could also play at left back. Could have been a good reliable signing. Would he have had the same Cult Hero Status as Anders Limpar?
Remember the title run in 89 may be a bit before your time?

We were having a wobble and linked to a striker GG wanted Kerry Dixon from Chelsea, thankfully it fell through. The rest is history.

Know it's about ones we didn't want but GG had a real hardon for Les Ferdinand we wouldn't pay QPR the 4m they wanted, he would of been ideal for a GG team.He was always linked for a year or so.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
The Ferdinand / Sinton duo were the main players at QPR, back in the early 1990's. Arsenal have had Bergkamp / Overmars.
Andy Sinton was fairly recently the manager of AFC Telford United. My other team Gloucester City played them in the National League North.

Sorry going off topic a bit. Anyone remember the Brazilian Juninho?

goal juninho middlesbrough GIF by Star Sixes

When I first came across him playing for Brazil, I thought he was the real deal. I was happy when it was announced that Arsenal were keen on signing him. Then Middlesbrough were showing an interest. I was gutted when Middlesbrough signed him. 'F' ing Middlesbrough, 'F' ing ICI Factories. I wasn't Bitter, Honest.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom